Demonland Podcast will return for the Draft

Demonland

24 minutes ago, McQueen said:

Just sitting down to listen to it now...

Not sure how productive I'm going to be with this level of multi-tasking. I have the headphones in so at least it looks like I'm working.

Great initiative, btw.

Thanks for listening. Any feedback is welcomed.

Great work guys.  A brilliant addition to Demonland, and I'm very much looking forward to future episodes.  Thank you very much!!

• Like 1

@Grapeviney I think Goody was listening to you last night.

from: http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2017-03-30/gawn-hogan-given-all-clear-to-play

The Dees dropped a game they were expected to win last year against Carlton in round 22 that all but ended their finals hopes. Goodwin said the group hadn't addressed last year's defeat in preparation for Sunday.

"The history for us is irrelevant. We want to create our own journey and our own pathway forward. Our challenge is to play the brand of footy we want to, every week," he said.

Just had a listen myself. Well done guys.

My one other comment would be related to duration. Having co-hosted a film podcast for years, I'd look at trying to tighten the runtime to between 45 mins-60 mins. 

• Like 1

Just listened to it.

That was most definitely not Uncle Bitter, as his real voice is so unbelievably high pitched that shopkeepers board up their windows upon his approach. It is possible he used his missus to do the talking, as I believe them to be complimentary opposites, er, of sorts.

Liked the show guys. Looking forward to seeing it grow over the next few months.

Can we search out Dee-luded for a phone in?

2 hours ago, A F said:

My one other comment would be related to duration. Having co-hosted a film podcast for years, I'd look at trying to tighten the runtime to between 45 mins-60 mins. 

I'm going to disagree with you there .As is my want.

A good podcast can go for 5 hours because the conversation is interesting

But if they must resort to Uncle Bitters as some kind of decrepit content then the barrel is clearly well scraped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biffen said:

But if they must resort to Uncle Bitters as some kind of decrepit content then the barrel is clearly well scraped.

As is your want indeed, Biffboy. 

I'd say it's always better to leave the audience wanting more, rather than the alternative.

This may be the greatest idea in the history of Land.

With Uncle Bitter's radio debut now in the books, I look forward to:

Saty making a cameo and taking fellow Landers to task for not loving the club enough.

A half baked Biffen calling from the Gatwick just as he is about to be evicted prior to the buyout. (Correction: Just listened to the podcast, Biff has been thrown out of the Gat).

A Stuie vs. BBO debate in which Stuie gets to ride all of his hobby horses in the space of a 20 minute timeframe.

Enyaw finally surfacing and revealing that he is actually a learned and erudite man of letters and the fine arts.

Special Robert live from beneath the Southbank Bridge.

Too much gold to be mined, not enough time.

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert
New information had come to light.

On 30/03/2017 at 4:10 PM, A F said:

On 30/03/2017 at 6:48 PM, Biffen said:

Strangely I agree with both of these statements. Sure we could tighten things up but our aim with the podcast is to discuss the previous game, discuss the next game and any other topics/issues from the Demons/Demonland world. Some weeks will obviously need more time than others depending on the match and the issues of the day/week.

I want to do the show live so that we can include the Demonland community and open the phone lines up to everyone here. As a result episode length will vary and if we've got things to talk about then we'll keep on going. If I can see we've run out of steam I won't just keep going and I'll end it.

We're still finding our feet and we'll get into a rhythm and format that works.

• Like 2

Also just a reminder that we'll be live again on Wednesday night @ 8:30pm taking your calls.

No doubt there will be a lot to talk about including the Blues game, the MRP verdicts & the upcoming Cats game.

Let us know if there is anything else you want us to talk about.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Also just a reminder that we'll be live again on Wednesday night @ 8:30pm taking your calls.

No doubt there will be a lot to talk about including the Blues game, the MRP verdicts & the upcoming Cats game.

Let us know if there is anything else you want us to talk about.

i reckon in addition to asking people to call in for a general chat about the games (who should be brought in, what happened last week etc etc), specific questions could work well. For example: 'a favourite memory from a live dees match', 'who is your favorite defender'etc etc. All demonlanders will have an answer to those sort of questions and i think other listeners are likely to be interested in their spiel.

Another idea is a demon themed quiz? Works for coodabeens.

As for length i also reckon 45 minutes to an hour is the go

Content ideas:

5 worst on ground from previous game

Mark of the day

Courageous act of the day

Selection thoughts for upcoming round

Injury updates - rehab group, i.e. starting to join main group, etc.

AFL talking points of the week

Suspended posters updates :)

I haven't listened, so I'm not sure if those types of issues are relevant. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, binman said:

i reckon in addition to asking people to call in for a general chat about the games (who should be brought in, what happened last week etc etc), specific questions could work well. For example: 'a favourite memory from a live dees match', 'who is your favorite defender'etc etc. All demonlanders will have an answer to those sort of questions and i think other listeners are likely to be interested in their spiel.

Another idea is a demon themed quiz? Works for coodabeens.

As for length i also reckon 45 minutes to an hour is the go

Yeah I think we'll probably ask callers some general stuff like that. Perhaps their becoming a Demon origin story. The story behind their Username or Avatar.

As to the length; when we finished the show the other night both grapeviney and I said that we could have kept talking about the Dees all night. It's going to be a problem getting us to shut up about the Dees. We're addicts.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ProDee said:

Content ideas:

5 worst on ground from previous game

Mark of the day

Courageous act of the day

Selection thoughts for upcoming round

Injury updates - rehab group, i.e. starting to join main group, etc.

AFL talking points of the week

Suspended posters updates :)

I haven't listened, so I'm not sure if those types of issues are relevant. 

Nice Pro Dee

You forgot one - Should Oscar be dropped this week?

Special Robert and Squirrel should demand a fee!!

Hilarious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demonland said:

Thanks everyone for listening. We peaked at 31 listeners tonight.

Thanks to Special Robert (and Squirrel) and BBO for calling in.

Don' mention it...delighted to speak to you and we will be calling again next week. I'll make sure Squirrel has his medication next week as he was over excited.