Riddle Me This

The Riddler

19 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

You don't need to trade for free agents.

You do if they are rfa and the incumbent club chooses to.match your offer.

Which there is zero chance Freo will let Fyfe walk

8 hours ago, Is Dom Is Good said:

I think it will be someone who can play backup ruck so my thought will be Jackson Trengove..... unsure of how to work that in with the riddle though.

Sounds like my inability to fit Westhoff into the riddle.

Maybe of course the riddle is even too difficult for the riddler?

48 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

You don't need to trade for free agents.

Yep, your right, he will be a free agent next year.  He just doesn't seem like he's been around long enough to be a free agent... 

18 minutes ago, Deestroy All said:

It's not Fyfe. The Riddler replied to a post with Fyfe in it. Pay attention to The Riddler or his traps will [censored] you up. 

your not the riddler are you?

There are only 2 free agents worthwhile next year, imo.  NFyfe & Martin?  So can't see it being a free agent then?

1 hour ago, Clint Bizkit said:

All I've learned from these riddles is that the single biggest industry in the world is knife manufacturing.

lol

I'm not sure what the fixation with knives contributes anyway. You can spread butter with a stick or a piece of cardboard, or just leaving it in the sun ... sun ... Suns ... 

Nah, that won't work either.

1 minute ago, daisycutter said:

don't think anyone was fooled, just a bit of a fun diversion. at least i thought so.

I loved it. Quite enjoy a brainteaser every now and then. I wouldn't be opposed to a who am I riddle of a past player throughout the off season. Could be a fun regular thread whilst waiting for the season to come around

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Redbeard said:

I loved it. Quite enjoy a brainteaser every now and then. I wouldn't be opposed to a who am I riddle of a past player throughout the off season. Could be a fun regular thread whilst waiting for the season to come around

we've actually done it before. was fun too

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Unleash Hell said:

You do if they are rfa and the incumbent club chooses to.match your offer.

Which there is zero chance Freo will let Fyfe walk

How many RFAs have had their offers matched? if Freo have a similar year, and choose not to match,  they'll get another top 5 pick as compo in a high quality draft year. Not bad for a guy that's had 2 broken legs.

3 minutes ago, Unleash Hell said:

Danger immediately comes to mind

There is zero chancr Freo wont match any offer for fyfe.

Repeating yourself does not make it so.

Some beg to differ. 

Should he have hamstring issues in 2017 and not play many games, or knee soreness or something else related to his leg breaks his best value to Freo may be in FA compo. IF they finish bottom 4 and get round one compo, that gives them, say, pick 4 & 5 (or maybe pick 1 & 2 if they win the spoon) in a strong draft year, not to mention substantial SC relief. Not a bad result, I'd say. Suddenly your zero chance becomes a reasonable possibility. All hypothetical, of course.

45 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Repeating yourself does not make it so.

Some beg to differ. 

Should he have hamstring issues in 2017 and not play many games, or knee soreness or something else related to his leg breaks his best value to Freo may be in FA compo. IF they finish bottom 4 and get round one compo, that gives them, say, pick 4 & 5 (or maybe pick 1 & 2 if they win the spoon) in a strong draft year, not to mention substantial SC relief. Not a bad result, I'd say. Suddenly your zero chance becomes a reasonable possibility. All hypothetical, of course.

Cool

Beg to differ all u want, i dont care. Freo will not let Fyfe walk.

Plus it dosent change the fact that clubs do occasionly have to trade for free agents when they are restricted.

14 minutes ago, Unleash Hell said:

Cool

Beg to differ all u want, i dont care. Freo will not let Fyfe walk.

Plus it dosent change the fact that clubs do occasionly have to trade for free agents when they are restricted.

Compelling case... for the third time.

You said Freo would match a RFA offer on Fyfe. How many RFAs have had offers matched?

There's every chance they'd let him go if they got pick 2 or 3 as compo in a strong draft.

The bigger question is 'would he leave for us?'

Edited by Moonshadow

11 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Compelling case... for the third time.

You said Freo would match a RFA offer on Fyfe. How many RFAs have had offers matched?

There's every chance they'd let him go if they got pick 2 or 3 as compo in a strong draft.

The bigger question is 'would he leave for us?'

Danger for a start is an excellent comparison 

No they wont his value (assuming no further major injuries) is still quite high,  even with injuries you'd imagine freo would still offer him a massive contract - see JOM

And probably not - depends on salary cap and what we'd offer. Eg pick and player but i wouldn't think so. Our cap space will be tight moving forwaed youd imagine with our young talent.... but who knows i dont know what our tpp is like. There is a chance but i wouldn't think so... but hey u never know

Either way my point remains Freo wont let Fyfe walk 

Edited by Unleash Hell