THE BOMBERS' DOPING SAGA - THE FAT LADY SINGS

Whispering_Jack

I'm thinking this situation will be closed like a steel trap pretty soon. The Big Boardroom in AFL Town will close this up really quick....

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, willmoy said:

I'm thinking this situation will be closed like a steel trap pretty soon. The Big Boardroom in AFL Town will close this up really quick....

Last time i looked the AFL doesnt run the courts. This is beyond the AFL...this is the real world !!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Last time i looked the AFL doesnt run the courts. This is beyond the AFL...this is the real world !!

It all comes back to Hird. He managed to burn so many people at Essendon and beyond through his singleminded obsession in proving his innocence: Bomber was clearly one of them, although nothing excuses what looks like blatant breaking of the law.

What goes around comes around - I reckon....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

There is a lot of undisturbed murky waters under well known bridges that do not want footballs ripples in them.....Poetic License

3 minutes ago, willmoy said:

There is a lot of undisturbed murky waters under well known bridges that do not want footballs ripples in them.....Poetic License

Oh i have no doubts...talks in quiet places...the shaking of hands in a specific manner ...the greasing of palms and reminders of favours owed ....will all come to pass.

A problem though is it's now all out in the public domain. It's got legs.

Going to be hard to sweep this under the grass ;)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Oh i have no doubts...talks in quiet places...the shaking of hands in a specific manner ...the greasing of palms and reminders of favours owed ....will all come to pass.

What would you like, good old R.C. or Bob Mueller, or if Micks involved Papal Inquisition?

i've already heard one sports journalist blame his demise on the "unfair" accusations of the bummers supplements "persecution" (words to that effect)

expect a lot of the "industry" to rally around and make sympathetic excuses for him

gil will continue to flummox and make babbling sounds

should be lots of opportunity for the sports journos to endlessly dissect it for months....without really saying anything

more popcorn time

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, KingDingAling said:

Just goes to show how much of a rabble Essendon were under Hird and Thompson. Two drug addicts at the helm, implementing a drug program with help of a shady scientist. Anyone who was at that club and didn't stop it, has absolutely no business in setting standards for AFL level players.

One of Hird's assistant coaches at the time is now our senior coach...just saying...

9 hours ago, willmoy said:

In the Bigger Boardroom of our State the two highest public office bearers are die hard Essendon supporters.   

And I recall a shady character 'convincing' witnesses not to show up at the ASADA hearing.  And another anonymous character paid Hird's very hefty legal bills/damages. 

So the tentacles of possible influence extend far and wide. 

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 3
  • Angry 2

9 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Looking at Docklands surface Sunday it would be easy to sweep anything under the grass there. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Looking at Docklands surface Sunday it would be easy to sweep anything under the grass there. 

Yes...but wouldn't stay hidden for very long !! ???

• Like 2

11 hours ago, M_9 said:

From The Age:

"..as Melbourne Magistrates Court heard details of the seven charges laid against him which included the alleged trafficking of ecstasy and ice, each of which carry maximum jail terms of up to 15 years...."

7 x 15 = 105 years. I don't reckon he'll get that. On the upside, my mate learnt a trade during his time in the Big House. He's a tiler now (formerly an arsonist).

He didn't just learn a trade, he also learned some business strategy. In the business world they would call that vertical integration. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

The question I keep thinking is why traffic it? He has a shite load of money from the selling of land. 

Surely he hasnt blown it all.

If he goes to jail I wonder if he will open up on the essendon saga...

He hasn't lost it...money. he's got swags. That is exactly the concern of the police. $20k bond... peanuts...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

The question I keep thinking is why traffic it? He has a shite load of money from the selling of land. 

Surely he hasnt blown it all.

If he goes to jail I wonder if he will open up on the essendon saga...

Brian damage might answer your first question.

Doubt he will name any names to answer the second.

His and their supply chains are inextricably linked somewhere up the line.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

The question I keep thinking is why traffic it? 

He was found in possession of an amount deemed to be excessive for personal use - a traffickable amount.

I haven’t looked at the Act but possession of certain drugs are deemed prima facie “traffickable” amounts by weight.

He may not be selling drugs per se, but being found in possession of specific amounts automatically brings the trafficking charge.

Edited by ProperDee
Additional info

1 hour ago, Biffen said:

Brian  damage might answer your first question.

Doubt he will name any names to answer the second.

His and their supply chains are inextricably linked somewhere up the line.

A_Selection_Of_Scenes_From_Monty_Python_s_Life_Of_Brian_-_YouTube.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, ProperDee said:

He was found in possession of an amount deemed to be excessive for personal use - a traffickable amount.

I haven’t looked at the Act but possession of certain drugs are deemed prima facie “traffickable” amounts by weight.

He may not be selling drugs per se, but being found in possession of specific amounts automatically brings the trafficking charge.

Good point, forgot about that.

19 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

Geelong under Bomber Thompson need to be investigated thoroughly.

They came back after the preseason in 2007 looking abnormally huge.  Same as the Bombers in 2013.

Correct Tracc.  The size difference between 06 / 07 was significant across the team and something I noticed when I first saw them run out in 2007.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

2 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

Correct Tracc.  The size difference between 06 / 07 was significant across the team and something I noticed when I first saw them run out in 2007.

If we look back over a long time, there is suspicion of teams and players taking "supplements".

Going all the way back to the 70s there were players who became "huge" over summer. There were stories of gymnasiums  supplying more than weight equipment. Perhaps not systemic but body shapes and muscle development told a story. I think in the 90s with the growth of the sports science industry there was a more organized or team approach.

There are no clean skins in this business.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ProperDee said:

8-900 gram of MDMA as well.....

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

Oh no it'happening again, Weid, Tim Smith and AVB have all put on size but Gawny lost it, now something smells,    maybe it is this topic

5 minutes ago, hemingway said:

If we look back over a long time, there is suspicion of teams and players taking "supplements".

Going all the way back to the 70s there were players who became "huge" over summer. There were stories of gymnasiums  supplying more than weight equipment. Perhaps not systemic but body shapes and muscle development told a story. I think in the 90s with the growth of the sports science industry there was a more organized or team approach.

There are no clean skins in this business.  

That is a very good point Ernest and a point that I should have also made as a balance to the Geelong focus.  Probably many hidden skeletons scattered through football history that will remain buried.

• Like 1

I feel a little sorry for Bomber being so out of whack with the Football world and his past glories, goals and targets, etc, etc, but spare a thought for the people that are on the receiving end of the drug trade. Funny but I have thought that he looked "shifty" before he left the cats..........!!!!!!!

I know that it is all alleged But just saying...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by DeeZone
Clarity
  • Angry 1