Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

FA & Trade Whispers

Dee-licious

Just now, stuie said:

Go google it if you haven't got a clue champ, or maybe don't bother commenting if you don't know anything about this topic.

I'm not here to do your work for you.

No i am intrigued to know who these 'young talent' they brought in?

Your not back peddling are you?

• Like 1

Just now, stuie said:

Kennedy? Dawes? Lumumba? Melksham? None of those have "fared far, far better" (for varying reasons).

I think where we're all differing is the definition of what a "destination club" is. I see it as a club that has to do very little to attract players to nominate them as their preferred destination. I don't think we're quite at that stage yet. We're still having to work hard on convincing players to come to us. We're heading in the right direction in this regard clearly, but as per the original post, I totally disagree we are the 3rd most attractive club in the league.

Nice cherry picking.  The players I mentioned - Whiley, Jaksch and Liam Jones, have been at Carlton for a few years.  You cherry picked Melksham and Kennedy, who have been at the club for 1 year and deserve a little more time, while Lumumba has been struck down by concussion issues (and even then, his few games this year far surpassed anything the three I mentioned did this year).  I'll give you Dawes.

And who says we had to do a lot of work to get these players? 

16 minutes ago, Unleash Hell said:

Venom Denom reporting De Goey from pies may be gettable.

Young talented mid. Probably will cost. Very unlikely to be a dee with no 1st rd picks

He has a mountain of potential, but he wouldn't attract the mid first round pick they'd be wanting.  He's had some good games but hasn't demonstrated that he'll take the next step.  The fact that Collingwood think that a player with his potential is tradeable should be setting off alarm bells.

• Like 3

Just now, Wiseblood said:

Nice cherry picking.  The players I mentioned - Whiley, Jaksch and Liam Jones, have been at Carlton for a few years.  You cherry picked Melksham and Kennedy, who have been at the club for 1 year and deserve a little more time, while Lumumba has been struck down by concussion issues (and even then, his few games this year far surpassed anything the three I mentioned did this year).  I'll give you Dawes.

And who says we had to do a lot of work to get these players? 

If you want to "cherry pick" then surely I'm allowed to? Your argument was about who had "fared better", so you can only go by what has happened so far rather than try to predict the future.

1 minute ago, TheoX said:

We should shop Garland around, not Dunn.

I'm sure they've looked at this but Dunn would be more desirable, has more strings to his bow than Garland. I'd be surprised if there was any interest in Garland.

• Like 1

Just now, stuie said:

If you want to "cherry pick" then surely I'm allowed to? Your argument was about who had "fared better", so you can only go by what has happened so far rather than try to predict the future.

Great, but even those 4 you mentioned have fared far better than those other 3 young 'talents' that I mentioned.

Carlton have attracted nobody of note in years.

Great, but even those 4 you mentioned have fared far better than those other 3 young 'talents' that I mentioned.

Carlton have attracted nobody of note in years.

You just contradicted yourself.

Plus they will have at least 2 much sought after young talents on their list next year after this trade period.

17 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Denom is a nutter. De Goey is contracted until the end of 2018 and Collingwood need to keep all the young talent they have. 

I agree with that Ethan

But interesting times for a few club including ours. I'm pretty sure the media make up crap to be able to write stories. there are a few (Anderson, Robbo, Stevens, denom) who may hear a few whispers but generally have no idea and make it up

• Like 1

Just now, stevethemanjordan said:

Not any worse than Tyson, Brayshaw, ANB, Harmes, Vandenberg, T-Mac etc etc.

And if he is, it's so marginal it'd be pointless to argue.

All of those names miss targets, like De Goey.

And none of them are elite kicks.

Yes, he is worse than Brayshaw, who is very good despite some of the comments one sees here.

Tyson can turn it over, but is a far more penetrating and damaging kick than De Goey.

I agree re Harmes, who I don't have as best 22 going into next year (unless he improves his kicking).

He's on a par with vandenBerg, but the latter plays a different role.

And why bring up a key defender ?  Compare like with like.  Do you really want a player with McDonald's kicking skills running around your midfield ?  Why on earth you'd bring up McDonald is beyond me.  That said, he's a better kick than McDonald.

De Goey is a poor kick under pressure.  Very poor.  We're building a midfield that renders De Goey unnecessary.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, stuie said:

Feel free to use the search function mate.

Someone seems to have hijacked the thread with a bunch of stuff about destination clubs....can't be bothered going through it all.

All I know is that you seemed to rate Carlton as a destination club but haven't backed it up with any player of substance.

Judd is the last one I remember.

• Like 5

Just now, stuie said:

Here you go mate, last response for you and your trolling ways:

https://www.google.com.au

Stuie, to be fair, if you say they have brought in 'young talent' then the onus is on you to prove it.  Throwing up links to google is just you going 'hey, look, over there' and then running away in the opposite direction.

The fact of the matter is that they have brought in young players who are almost completely devoid of any talent.  Using them as an example is not a good one.

• Like 2

Stuie, to be fair, if you say they have brought in 'young talent' then the onus is on you to prove it.  Throwing up links to google is just you going 'hey, look, over there' and then running away in the opposite direction.

The fact of the matter is that they have brought in young players who are almost completely devoid of any talent.  Using them as an example is not a good one.

You know me by now WB, I'll reply to posters in the same quality with which they engage me. DD has only ever shown me he is a troll who is more interested in making personal comments and insults, not just to me, so he gets back what he gives. For some reason I took him off block, I've realized that mistake now.

Getting back to the point, I've never said Carlton were the best club around at attracting players etc, I merely disputed the poster who had us as the 3rd ranked destination club in the league behind Hawthorn and Geelong. I just find that silly and non-factual and I think there is a big difference between convincing B grade players to come to us and having A grade players announce they want to play for us. We're moving towards that, but we are not 3rd out of 18 in that regard at this stage.

20 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

They are going places, no doubt about it, but who have they attracted to the club in recent years?  They got Boyd with a huge contract offer, but they haven't exactly done a super job at the trade table.

To be fair, they haven't been the most active club either, but I haven't seen any big name players, or mid tier players for that matter, nominating them as their club of choice. 

Crameri and Suckling spring to mind as well as Boyd. But yeah they've certainly rejuvenated largely through the draft.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stuie said:

Here you go mate, last response for you and your trolling ways:

https://www.google.com.au

You brought it up in your argument and yet you cannot even prove the evidence? Absolutely [censored] poor form from you Stewart.

In no way was it even a troll. Trying to actually have a proper footy conversation is just too difficult with you especially when you have no facts to back up your argument and made to look silly. 

No harm to admitting you were wrong mate. 

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, dazzledavey36 said:

You brought it up in your argument and yet you cannot even prove the evidence? Absolutely poor form from you Stewart.

In no way was it even a troll. Trying to actually have a proper footy conversation is just too difficult with you especially when you have no facts to back up your argument and made to look silly. 

No harm to admitting you were wrong mate. 

Is Stu trying his strong arm tactics again ;)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Members' Wing said:

Crameri and Suckling spring to mind as well as Boyd. But yeah they've certainly rejuvenated largely through the draft.

Fair call MW, and I'm happy to admit I'd forgotten about both.  Crameri will be a very dangerous player for them next year when he returns.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, stuie said:

Haha fair call.

I would put money on at least one of Tomlinson, Steele, Hoskin-Elliot or Stewart playing for Carlton next year.

Pretty sure Steele is on his way to St Kilda. Wouldn't mind Hoskin-Elliott or Tomlinson but no to Stewart. Not sure where any of the last 3 will end up.

17 minutes ago, Unleash Hell said:

I agree with that Ethan

But interesting times for a few club including ours. I'm pretty sure the media make up crap to be able to write stories. there are a few (Anderson, Robbo, Stevens, denom) who may hear a few whispers but generally have no idea and make it up

Clubs are much better at doing trades etc quietly these days so Robbo (how the [censored] did he win the Alf Brown?) etc have no other option but to make stuff up.

8 minutes ago, Members' Wing said:

All obtained through offering way more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ than their current teams were.

Edited by Clintosaurus
  • Like 1

Just now, Clintosaurus said:

Pretty sure Steele is on his way to St Kilda. Wouldn't mind Hoskin-Elliott or Tomlinson but no to Stewart.

Yeah there's a bit of talk about Steele to the Saints. I've been keen on a trade for both H-E and Tomlinson for a fair while, both would provide some things we need. I've come around to Stewart, mainly due to our need for a fwd/ruck and the uncertainty around Hogan. Reckon he could be a good fit in a forward line with Watts and Weed.