Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

FA & Trade Whispers

Dee-licious

3 hours ago, Abe said:

Not really related to this years off season but Geez the Giants should have taken the offer from Freo for McCarthey last year, they would have netted pick 14 and pick 3 out of it for a guy who might get them a 3rd rounder just a year later.

Yeah but look at what McCarthy's given up.

A crack at any number of premierships in the next 5 years vs. spend rest of career at a doldrums club that's been driven into the ground by Ross Lyon.

The classic all-time lose-lose deal. But I know which side of it I'd prefer to be on

Edited by Akum
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

I got high just reading this.

IT's like listening to Jack Dyer on Three Blind Monkees. Great memories of Bayview on Friday night in the snakepit

3 hours ago, Abe said:

Yup, manages Paddy Ryder i believe and it's fair to say the Bombers made that as difficult as possible for all involved by demanding Wines or Wingard in a trade haha

That would explain how Hibberd got free.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grey wolf said:

Rode a Tiger home from Melbourne yesterday having had time to have a beer in celebration of Nathalia beating Finley in the grannie. Some things are always a joy. Walked into my rainforest this morning to have a quiet cheroot and there snoozing beneath my giant red cedar was the man yes Jason Taylor or at least a hazy apparition so I sat beside him and passed him my burning ember and he nodded with his usual good grace. Tell me JT where is it up to and where is it gonna end. Old man wolf he said its starting to hot up with Hibberd already here and two more almost snagged and then we have three youngies to get in the draft. I went to say wow but my voice was sitting on the smoke climbing through the tall branches above me. That's six we have to axe I might have mumbled or perhaps they were his words in my headspace and he was counting them on his fingers and his thumb was Dunny off to Brissy he said and his pinky was Grimesy' gone to the Cats and Garland's been courted by the Suns and then we've said goodbye to Terls Newton and Pedo and we are working with the Suns to improve this years picks by trading next years first round pick. I was choking on my smoke but mumbled who are the other 5 apart from Hibbo don't we need a forward cum ruck and a key back and an outside mid and JT just smiled and said wolfman you've been too long in the wasteland no wolf what we need is the 5 best footballers we can get it doesn't matter how big and what position they just need to be skilled goers and team players Goody will take care of the rest. And he began floating away and I croaked after his shadow and what about Hogan and I'm sure the echo was we don't care we don't care....

What was the chemical composition of your cheroots?

Ditto, Jason's?

Drove through Nathalia often between 1981 and 1982, had a girlfriend who came from there. Also had a girlfriend from Finlay. Jeez, I got around in those days, especially for a married bloke.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grey wolf said:

Rode a Tiger home from Melbourne yesterday having had time to have a beer in celebration of Nathalia beating Finley in the grannie. Some things are always a joy. Walked into my rainforest this morning to have a quiet cheroot and there snoozing beneath my giant red cedar was the man yes Jason Taylor or at least a hazy apparition so I sat beside him and passed him my burning ember and he nodded with his usual good grace. Tell me JT where is it up to and where is it gonna end. Old man wolf he said its starting to hot up with Hibberd already here and two more almost snagged and then we have three youngies to get in the draft. I went to say wow but my voice was sitting on the smoke climbing through the tall branches above me. That's six we have to axe I might have mumbled or perhaps they were his words in my headspace and he was counting them on his fingers and his thumb was Dunny off to Brissy he said and his pinky was Grimesy' gone to the Cats and Garland's been courted by the Suns and then we've said goodbye to Terls Newton and Pedo and we are working with the Suns to improve this years picks by trading next years first round pick. I was choking on my smoke but mumbled who are the other 5 apart from Hibbo don't we need a forward cum ruck and a key back and an outside mid and JT just smiled and said wolfman you've been too long in the wasteland no wolf what we need is the 5 best footballers we can get it doesn't matter how big and what position they just need to be skilled goers and team players Goody will take care of the rest. And he began floating away and I croaked after his shadow and what about Hogan and I'm sure the echo was we don't care we don't care....

Waiter! I'll have what he's having...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ProDee said:

Probably the best place to put this...

Paul Connors attended the Old Xav's Golf Day on Monday and was the after dinner guest speaker.  My Brother attended.

He manages 88 players and was happy to have a post-talk 'question and answer' time.

At one stage he asked if there were any Melbourne supporters in the room ?  It was his initiative and the only club he did it for.  It's fair to say he was glowing at the prospects for the club over the next 5 years.  He said they were "fantastic" and that supporters were going to have an immense amount of joy.  He also said the players love Goodwin, that he'll be a great coach and that Roos was leaving at the "perfect" time.  As I said, he brought Melbourne up.

He doesn't manage Hogan, but nonetheless offered an opinion.  He said "Hogan will stay at the Dees".  Obviously it's just his opinion, but he was very confident in his delivery.  Obviously it's a relatively small industry and player managers and officials regularly have talks, coffees, etc.

He personally barracks for Richmond and said they're stuffed.  He said Deledio is on $800K and the club wants to free up cap space so would off load him if they could.  This is where the talk has come from.  At his age with his recent soft tissue injuries that's easier said than done.

He also said he thought O'Meara and Mitchell would get to the Hawks and that Hibberd would nominate Melbourne (he did the next day).

No great revelations, but nice to hear...

Don't believe it. Stuie has it on good authority that Richmond is a destination club. And we're not. Not even remotely.

Good read though.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Don't believe it. Stuie has it on good authority that Richmond is a destination club. And we're not. Not even remotely.

Good read though.

You still flogging this dead horse of incorrect quoting mate?

Simple version for your records: You think we're the 3rd choice in the league behind Hawthorn and Geelong. I disagree. The end.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Members' Wing said:

I'd say

Hawks

Cats

Dogs

Collingwood

Dees

Saints

Blues

Bombers

Tigers

North

Pretty much or:

End of 2015 - 1) Hawthorn 2) Geelong 3) Collingwood 4) raffle them

End of 2016 - 1) Hawthorn 2) Geelong 3) Dogs 4) raffle them

• Like 6

2 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Pies no longer.

Premiership chances ... Buckley's 

Buckley's desperate.  He's going to keep chasing any sort of fish he can in the hopes that they will turn his team around before Ed get's overruled and he's sacked.  I never would have believed he could do such a poor job with such a professional outfit. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, RalphiusMaximus said:

Buckley's desperate.  He's going to keep chasing any sort of fish he can in the hopes that they will turn his team around before Ed get's overruled and he's sacked.  I never would have believed he could do such a poor job with such a professional outfit. 

Buckley will end up at the same place as Brad Scott and Hardwick; with a cobbled together team made to go up the ladder.  He will get to the same stage as them where after 5-7 years as coach with a team in the bottom half of the 8 that stagnates there then drops back and do a proper rebuild.

Teams like Essendon, Giants and Demons are being built to win finals by coaches who know how to do it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Buckley will end up at the same place as Brad Scott and Hardwick; with a cobbled together team made to go up the ladder.  He will get to the same stage as them where after 5-7 years as coach with a team in the bottom half of the 8 that stagnates there then drops back and do a proper rebuild.

Teams like Essendon, Giants and Demons are being built to win finals by coaches who know how to do it.

They've lost/given up most of their premiership side in the last 6 years, i find that amazing, how many premiership sides have had that many players leave the team within 6 years? 

Bucks has done an awful job, the succession plan has gone as badly as it could have and the Pies are delusional to think any different, fortunately they have some alright younger players to start a re-build around when Bucks gets the chop mid year.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, A F said:

Pretty much or:

End of 2015 - 1) Hawthorn 2) Geelong 3) Collingwood 4) raffle them

End of 2016 - 1) Hawthorn 2) Geelong 3) Dogs 4) raffle them

I'd say last year it was clearly Geelong first. Otherwise, totally agree.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Funny how 3 champion players like Voss, Hird and Bucks have all turned out dud coaches.

It's really not that surprising, Voss and Hird had zero time as an assistant coach before taking over and while Bucks at least had a couple of years you look at guys like Goody and Barker who are closer to 10 years under multiple senior coaches and they're considered the younger ones of the guys taking senior roles, 

if you're unqualified for a role, you're unqualified, doesn't matter what your name is or what you've done in the AFL

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Funny how 3 champion players like Voss, Hird and Bucks have all turned out dud coaches.

Think Voss is a little unlucky to fall into the same category.

Had them in a semi final in 2009, then stuffed up with a top up in 2010 which saw them go 7 wins 15 losses & then 4 wins 18 losses in 2011.

Got them back to 10 wins 12 losses in both 2012 & 2013 and was righting his wrongs when in my opinion was unfairly given the sack.  Sliding Doors moment where who knows what would of occured if they stuck with Voss.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, AngryAtCasey said:

Think Voss is a little unlucky to fall into the same category.

Had them in a semi final in 2009, then stuffed up with a top up in 2010 which saw them go 7 wins 15 losses & then 4 wins 18 losses in 2011.

Got them back to 10 wins 12 losses in both 2012 & 2013 and was righting his wrongs when in my opinion was unfairly given the sack.  Sliding Doors moment where who knows what would of occured if they stuck with Voss.

Agreed. The management at the lions thought Roosy was available and in the bag. Major stuff up by them

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ProDee said:

Probably the best place to put this...

Paul Connors attended the Old Xav's Golf Day on Monday and was the after dinner guest speaker.  My Brother attended.

He manages 88 players and was happy to have a post-talk 'question and answer' time.

At one stage he asked if there were any Melbourne supporters in the room ?  It was his initiative and the only club he did it for.  It's fair to say he was glowing at the prospects for the club over the next 5 years.  He said they were "fantastic" and that supporters were going to have an immense amount of joy.  He also said the players love Goodwin, that he'll be a great coach and that Roos was leaving at the "perfect" time.  As I said, he brought Melbourne up.

He doesn't manage Hogan, but nonetheless offered an opinion.  He said "Hogan will stay at the Dees".  Obviously it's just his opinion, but he was very confident in his delivery.  Obviously it's a relatively small industry and player managers and officials regularly have talks, coffees, etc.

He personally barracks for Richmond and said they're stuffed.  He said Deledio is on $800K and the club wants to free up cap space so would off load him if they could.  This is where the talk has come from.  At his age with his recent soft tissue injuries that's easier said than done.

He also said he thought O'Meara and Mitchell would get to the Hawks and that Hibberd would nominate Melbourne (he did the next day).

No great revelations, but nice to hear...

Thanks ProDee

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chook fowler said:

Looks like Buckley trying to save his career by topping up. Having said that Collingwood didn't have the best run with injuries this year. 

The trade for Fevola ended up having a big influence in finishing off Voss. 

As for Hird, never liked him as a player, personality or coach. Maybe because I've always hated Essendon. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Flamingdees said:

Looks like Buckley trying to save his career by topping up. Having said that Collingwood didn't have the best run with injuries this year.

With a bit of luck, they will win some early matches, a relieved Eddie will extend the contract, then they'll hit the wall as their old büggers run out of puff.

2 hours ago, Abe said:

They've lost/given up most of their premiership side in the last 6 years, i find that amazing, how many premiership sides have had that many players leave the team within 6 years? 

Bucks has done an awful job, the succession plan has gone as badly as it could have and the Pies are delusional to think any different, fortunately they have some alright younger players to start a re-build around when Bucks gets the chop mid year.

But they still have Eddie, ready to attack anyone, who mentions the Pies, in the slightest unflattering way.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Redleg said:

But they still have Eddie, ready to attack anyone, who mentions the Pies, in the slightest unflattering way.

In Harry Potter, the bad guy had some magical thing going whereby if anyone mentioned his name, he or his goons would transport to that spot to attack them.

Eddie must have found a phoenix tail wand or something. (Magpie tail and gum tree?)