Changes v Hawthorn

14 minutes ago, hells bells said:

I'd be tempted to throw Oliver into the half-back line.  He is competitive, aggressive, strong, good overhead, quick, makes good decisions and has good disposal.  
He is too good for the VFL and seemingly can't force his way into the midfield.  He'd do a better job than Wagner and Harmes in that role.

Not a good enough kick at this stage I would say, and that's the biggest thing missing from our backline currently.

great that we will face a rested Rioli and Puopolo.   sheeeeeet

fully expect Bernie to get suspended in this match, he will be embarressed after last week and loves a challenge.  hope he just cops fines!

be great to see more bumps from Frosty!   was loving his legal physicality last week

• Like 1

Just now, hells bells said:

Better or worse than Harmes and/or Wagner?  I know who I'd prefer.

Same, possibly worse. But Wagner is a better defender.

Oliver's strength is clearance work, you've gotta play him in the middle if he plays. His disposal by foot is not good enough to be anywhere else and you miss out on his great inside work if not there.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, layzie said:

I would love to see Weideman get a guernsey this week after his goals for Casey.

Having said that we must bring Oliver back in and have him play out the year surely.

Would not have said that a week ago after his game against Sandy. 1 kick, 2 handballs (effective) 1 mark. In fact his past 5 games before Coburg were ordinary producing 3 goals. Over rated because of 1 game against a pathetic opposition. Don't get me wrong he is going to be good but chucking him in against Hawthorn is sheer stupidity. 

Edited by Samael

Terlich could replace Garlett ( he looks a little lazy at times) , Dawes could be replaced by Pedo possibly Spencer to get a run. Salem could replace M.Jones. If Hoges is rested Huellett may come in. Oliver also a possibility but may be overlooked. Anyway Dees upset of round.

• Like 1

On 01/08/2016 at 3:08 PM, gwsampso said:

Weideman will debut this week

On 01/08/2016 at 3:09 PM, Moonshadow said:

Thanks Roosy.

On 01/08/2016 at 3:45 PM, stuie said:

I would actually listen to this guy. Has called a couple of things in the past, might have some connections.

2 minutes ago, P-man said:

Credits: banked

On 31 July 2016 at 8:34 PM, Gorgoroth said:

Bringing in the weed vs Hawthorn is like bringing in Watts vs collingwood... we wouldn't do that.  

:roos:

• Like 3

On 8/3/2016 at 11:57 AM, stuie said:

Oliver's strength is clearance work, you've gotta play him in the middle if he plays. His disposal by foot is not good enough to be anywhere else and you miss out on his great inside work if not there.

I think Oliver's disposal by foot is fine, good in fact.  Just doesn't get to use it enough because he can't/doesn't know when to get in to space. 

Just now, Nasher said:

I think Oliver's disposal by foot is fine, good in fact.  Just doesn't get to use it enough because he can't/doesn't know when to get in to space. 

Have to agree to disagree. I've seen him turn it over a bit by foot, give off a huge handball when he could easily kick it to be marked, and even "Gawn" a few (giving it off to someone right next to you rather than kick it). I don't think his kicking is woeful by any stretch, but putting him across half back would not be a great idea alongside the "laser boots" of Harmes, Hunt, Wagner, Frost and the McDonalds.

I liked this line in the AFL news article this arvo:

Saturday's clash against the Hawks is shaping as a showcase of the Demons' young talent, with Oliver returning after four weeks in the VFL, winning 37 possessions in his last hit-out with the Casey Scorpions. "It's the first time we'll see Oliver, (Christian) Petracca, (Angus) Brayshaw and Weideman in the same team," Roos said. 

Nice!

Link: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-04/dees-to-give-hogan-until-the-warmup-to-prove-fitness?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=RSS+feed%3A+AFL+Latest+News

Apart from Weed and Clarry coming in for Wagner and M Jones the only other possible change I see could be Kennedy in for Harmes or Dawes

3 hours ago, P-man said:

:roos:

Let's hope it works out better this time. 

I think this is the wrong move. Hawks defense is good and if Hogan doesn't play he will get Frawley.