Changes v Hawthorn

5 minutes ago, Biffen said:

Sorry Everyone but I have to agree with the Stumeister.

He took two Dawesy chest marks then he built his confidence up and got Two Overhead Grabs!!

The first one raised a huge cheer on the wing and everyone said "finally" or "about time" or words to that extent.

His overall contribution on the day means he stays and gets to play Hawthorn and do something on field against them.

Excellent summation Biffen.

Need some goal kickers next week . 

When was the last time 9 goals was enough to beat Hawthorn.

2 hours ago, Return to Glory said:

In: Weideman Oliver

Out: Dawes Harmes (if not right)

Saw young Weed up close in the Betty Cuthbert bar today RTG. I reckon his build is almost identical to Jack Watts when he came to the club.

I don't think a debut against Hawthorn would be healthy for him!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nasher said:

The Dawes bias is just getting silly now.

I think he's lucky, because Hogan failed to hit the scoreboard this week. He simply didn't get it enough, but at least he took a couple of marks this week. He'll play again next week.

11 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Why? 8 disposals, gave away a goal via a stupid 50m penalty, missed an easy shot. Has given very little for his $500,000 a year.

Salary is irrelevant.

Dawes has had 3 goals and 9 tackles the last two weeks, Hogan has had 0 and 2.

Dawes has been ok the last couple of weeks, that's all that is relevant to team selection.

• Like 2

It was a bad day for most talls. Hogan was having a good game until he banged his knee. Lynch was in and out. Day had a day out but so did Frost.

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

Salary is irrelevant.

Dawes has had 3 goals and 9 tackles the last two weeks, Hogan has had 0 and 2.

Dawes has been ok the last couple of weeks, that's all that is relevant to team selection.

I hate being confused by facts. Very irritating. And why is salary irrelevant. In any other industry big bucks require high performance.

Edited by chook fowler

Just now, chook fowler said:

I hate being confused by facts. Very irritating. And why is salary irrelevant. In any other industry big bucks require high performance.

His salary is irrelevant to team selection, only his form and fitness matters. I hardly think the match committee will say "geez Dawes is on 500k but is only playing like he should be on 300k, better not pick him..."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, demon heart said:

oscar mcdonald. turn over king

frost. turn over queen. carnt kick.

wagner. turn over prince. misses easy targets

tom mcdonald. turn over princess. no nouse

surly dunn, garland, pedoson and grimes arnt all behind these guys. coaching staff have put a line through there names next year.

Today showed how poor our disposal is. The Suns should have punished us and won by 4-5 goals. The Hawks will crucify us.

O.Mcdonald, T.Mcdonald, Wagner &Frost were absolutely shocking. 

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

His salary is irrelevant to team selection, only his form and fitness matters. I hardly think the match committee will say "geez Dawes is on 500k but is only playing like he should be on 300k, better not pick him..."

I acknowledge I would be a lousy selector but when looked at over 3 years we have not got value for money.

15 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Saw young Weed up close in the Betty Cuthbert bar today RTG. I reckon his build is almost identical to Jack Watts when he came to the club.

I don't think a debut against Hawthorn would be healthy for him!

Is he really that slight? Bugger. It's a challenge because you want to see these talents play.

1 minute ago, chook fowler said:

I acknowledge I would be a lousy selector but when looked at over 3 years we have not got value for money.

I agree, but that's not what this thread is about, this thread is about team selection for next week, so his "value" is irrelevant.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rod Grinter Riot Squad said:

Matt Jones, never to play again, diabolical foot skills.

Harmes, has been below standard for a while.

Kent, borderline, but see Harmes.

What did you see to make that judgement RGRS?

I was at the game, - but you don't always get a clear view. I also listened to the game call on my headphones.  I checked the stats, - and of course we all know they can mislead. I asked my mate who watched on tv.

Between me, my mate, the callers and the stats, there's a reasonable chance I got a fair perspective. Matt Jones is no champion, but no way does he deserve to be dropped.

I saw him play a pretty reasonable game without many errors. His stats were 21 disposals at 90%, with 1 clanger and 5 tackles. There are a number of improvements he's made this year, but one that may have gone a little unnoticed is that he is no longer giving away those ridiculous, (and multiple), frees where he fell into his opponents back when tackling.

On this year's basis, there may be more improvement to come. He could end up being a great story.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

I agree, but that's not what this thread is about, this thread is about team selection for next week, so his "value" is irrelevant.

Except if he has no future with us, at this stage of the year lets give his spot to someone who has.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Return to Glory said:

Is he really that slight? Bugger. It's a challenge because you want to see these talents play.

Not sure I'd say "slight" RTG but he still has the build of a young man. I noticed he had big hands so I expect he will fill out to a decent size.

ins. Newton Kennedy Garland Grimes Michie Pedersen Oliver

outs. Wagner O.mcd Dawes Garlett m.jones hunt vince (inj)

jetta t.mcd garland

grimes frost michie

Harmes Viney stretch

Kent Pedersen Petraccccccccca

Kennedy Hogan Watts

Gawn Tyson N.Jones

Oliver Newton Brayshaw Vandenburg

Todays team was poor. 7 changes demonstrates how sub standard the performance was.

3 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Except if he has no future with us, at this stage of the year lets give his spot to someone who has.

They're not ready though, and that's why Dawes is playing and also why at least one of he or Pedersen will be kept on next year.

2 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

ins. Newton Kennedy Garland Grimes Michie Pedersen Oliver

outs. Wagner O.mcd Dawes Garlett m.jones hunt vince (inj)

jetta t.mcd garland

grimes frost michie

Harmes Viney stretch

Kent Pedersen Petraccccccccca

Kennedy Hogan Watts

Gawn Tyson N.Jones

Oliver Newton Brayshaw Vandenburg

Todays team was poor. 7 changes demonstrates how sub standard the performance was.

giphy.gif

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, xarronn said:

What did you see to make that judgement RGRS?

I was at the game, - but you don't always get a clear view. I also listened to the game call on my headphones.  I checked the stats, - and of course we all know they can mislead. I asked my mate who watched on tv.

Between me, my mate, the callers and the stats, there's a reasonable chance I got a fair perspective. Matt Jones is no champion, but no way does he deserve to be dropped.

I saw him play a pretty reasonable game without many errors. His stats were 21 disposals at 90%, with 1 clanger and 5 tackles. There are a number of improvements he's made this year, but one that may have gone a little unnoticed is that he is no longer giving away those ridiculous, (and multiple), frees where he fell into his opponents back when tackling.

On this year's basis, there may be more improvement to come. He could end up being a great story.

90% would count an effective disposal as being the one that landed just before Dawes, who was 15m in the clear (at time Jones was 20m in the clear). His disposal is not up to AFL standard, never has been and never will be IMO. When it comes to Matt Jones, I am biased, to me he is a plodder who makes far too many skill errors when under no pressure or gives away clumsy free kicks. Doesn't deserve a game to me

• Like 3