The OX slams 'crap' Demons.

3 hours ago, billy2803 said:

WYL, Ox picks and chooses his moments with regards to his commentary on the MFC.  A few years ago he was on AFL Game Day (I think it was called that back then).  Sheedy was tearing us a new one, and Ox sat back ad let him go.  Sheedy finished it by saying "who would want to coach Melbourne", and did our big, brave Ox stand up for the Club?  No chance.

I listen to SEN, and I don't share the view that he's just a passionate supporter.  He kicks the Club when it's down, and when everyone else is kicking it.  As he is on radio, it's much easier to voice his opinion, because other than via social media, anyone that challenges him on it he just hangs up on them.

He had the chance to stick up for the Club in view of the public, and he was as soft as [censored].

Billy, maybe the Ox agreed with Sheedy.  that the club has been on the wrong pathway. 

Sheeds is no fool, & especially when it come to running footy clubs.  One look at the GWS will tell you that, & that We, along with the Suns, tripped ourselves up & tore our-selves new holes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, america de cali said:

If a flag was what we only wanted we would be following Hawthorn today. Your disrespect for the opinions of supporters who have followed the Dee's all there lives without success is disgusting. 

Not all supporters are like that, I said on here, please don't misquote, unfortunately Demonland is home to a 'lot' of 'supporters' who only want a flag, you do read the posts?   a lot can be 10 or 15

I don't disrespect opinions that are backed up with a good sensible argument as to why, in the posters opinion, the opinion is the correct one, unfortunately that doesn't happen too often on here, have a look at SWYL's well thought out responses to what I am asking.

You can't respect an opinion if the poster doesn't want to debate the reasons, the norm is to just settle for personal insults, again read the latest posts.

Unfortunately I also get bored with the 'nuff nuffs' now and again and can't resist baiting them, but I have tried to settle that down a bit lately, following Stuie's example

I haven't followed the Dees all my life, but I have watched and played footy for 39 years, so I think I have hopefully gained a bit of an insight to the vagaries of the game

17 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

No debate again SWYL, so why did the OX not lead the team to a flag? Or Robbie Flower, or Todd Viney (all great players)  was it poor development? poor coaching? crap selection? the players not bleeding red and blue?

You can't aspire to be mediocre SWYL, bit of an OXymoron there

Why debate you. You have no respect for a man who did 3 knees wearing our jumper. 

[censored] you and your toothless snarls. I would listen to The Ox well before i bothered with your bile...

6 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Why debate you. You have no respect for a man who did 3 knees wearing our jumper. 

[censored] you and your toothless snarls. I would listen to The Ox well before i bothered with your bile...

I have respect for the player, as I stated I have lost a bit of respect for him as a person, unfortunately he makes his money in the media, don't have much respect for any of them, all about them making the story now rather than reporting it

Bit like yourself, try to engage you in discussions about footy, like other posters try and engage you, but all you spit is bile, and yet you accuse me of the very same thing, because I tried to knock one of your gods off his pedestal, even though I explained why, reread some of your posts

You continually resort to name calling which is both puerile and childish, the only emotion that comes to mind with you, is that I feel really sorry for you

Edited by Satyriconhome

8 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

I have respect for the player, as I stated I have lost a bit of respect for him as a person, unfortunately he makes his money in the media, don't have much respect for any of them, all about them making the story now rather than reporting it

Bit like yourself, try to engage you in discussions about footy, like other posters try and engage you, but all you spit is bile, and yet you accuse me of the very same thing, because I tried to knock one of your gods off his pedestal, even though I explained why, reread some of your posts

You continually resort to name calling which is both puerile and childish, the only emotion that comes to mind with you, is that I feel really sorry for you

I told you to go away

you are full of Rubbish

you didn't grow up with the game

it shows....

You sat inside the club as it was being ripped apart and hammered people who said anything about it

foolish clown

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I told you to go away

you are full of Rubbish

you didn't grow up with the game

it shows....

You sat inside the club as it was being ripped apart and hammered people who said anything about it

foolish clown

Sorry, can't chap, you keep reading my posts

Why am I full of rubbish, why have we not won a flag for 54 years, can you explain, surely it wasn't like the last 10 years in the preceding 44

I didn't grow up with the game, I was taught to love the game by somebody who was, does that count?

I didn't sit inside the club chap, I tried to do little bits that I thought would help right the ship, like a lot of others I was wrong and we sank

But we are on the right track now, and hopefully the future is a bit brighter.

Constant negativity is destructive, especially by keyboard warriors who hide, we have AGM's each year at the club, in the last 7 years, I have heard one dissenting voice, and that was about not recruiting taller players, so don't go on unless you want to come out from behind your keyboard and stand up for what you believe and publicly express it.

I do as in the Barrett example, also had a dig at Mark Stevens for bias, and Dermott, but then again being Liverpudlian I don't bend over for anyone

Edited by Satyriconhome

29 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Why am I full of rubbish, why have we not won a flag for 54 years, can you explain, surely it wasn't like the last 10 years in the preceding 44

I didn't grow up with the game, I was taught to love the game by somebody who was, does that count?

I didn't sit inside the club chap, I tried to do little bits that I thought would help right the ship, like a lot of others I was wrong and we sank

Constant negativity is destructive, especially by keyboard warriors who hide, we have AGM's each year at the club, in the last 7 years, I have heard one dissenting voice, and that was about not recruiting taller players, so don't go on unless you want to come out from behind your keyboard and stand up for what you believe and publicly express it.

I do as in the Barrett example, also had a dig at Mark Stevens for bias, and Dermott, but then again being Liverpudlian I don't bend over for anyone

29 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

All those people you had a go at must be quaking in their boots at night. 

Yes you are right Satyr and everybody else is wrong. 

I debate a lot of footy on here, just not with you because i find no value in what you write.

Other posters write far more inciteful training reports than anything you do and whenever anyone  has ago at you or challenges you, you go hard at the man

Anyway i am in Thailand. I don't wish to waste valuable minutes lipping with you. 

Your disrespect of The Ox shows what you really know

nuffink

Pommy Git

Edited by Sir Why You Little
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Chris said:

Epic whinge from Ox. We haven't had that many number 1 picks and we only have 1 number 1 pick on the list, he complains about the development of players over the years but that is barely Roos' fault, the development under Roos has been very good.

This screams of frustrated supporter, which is fine, but look at the facts, we have basically a new team that in age and experience profile is worse than the one Roos took over yet we are winning far more games and have twice the percentage. That is marked improvement.

Do I wish we were better, yes, do I think we should be better, yes, do I also look and think we are in a better place now than 3 years ago and with a much brighter future, absolutely. Do I also worry that Goody may not take this team where it has the potential to go, yes but only time will tell. 

I wonder if he has offered, or been asked to come down to the club and mentor the likes of Jesse, Weed and Hulett in particular.   

If he hasn't offered, perhaps he should.  Rather than bagging Jesse's kicking he could show him a trick or two.

Maybe he is pi55ed off that he hasn't been asked, or worse an offer he may have made has been refused.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Yes you are Satyr and everybody else is wrong. 

I debate a lot of footy on here, just not with you because i find no value in what you write.

Other posters write far more inciteful training reports than you do and whenever anyone go hard at the man

Anyway i am in Thailand. I don't wish to waste valuable minutes lipping with you. 

nuffink

Pommy Git

[censored] !!!! Is Saty a Pom? I didn't know that !! I hope he paid more than 10 quid to get here!!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DemonOX said:

The Ox has said what some/most of us are thinking. 

Absolutely. Everybody over the years has been far to nice to The MFC. It deserves a good shake. 

At least the Ox is out there as a mouthpiece. 

I can't believe the amount of people today who want to shield the players from such critisism and cover there sacred ears. 

Hell man we were 3 goals up at 1/4 time then the Aints kicked 8 goals to nil before we woke up again. 

Go Ox. 

Give them a blast daily. 

Anyone heard a word out of the President this year?

is it alive?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

Not all supporters are like that, I said on here, please don't misquote, unfortunately Demonland is home to a 'lot' of 'supporters' who only want a flag, 

I've stopped the quote at that point. Everything after is superfluous really.

"Only want a flag"  You seem dismissive of this as though it's some kind of petulant aspiration.

The whole purpose of competition is to win and win the ultimate prize. 

Im not sure what other motive there ought to be.

What a truly bizarre attitude.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

"Only want a flag"  You seem dismissive of this as though it's some kind of petulant aspiration.

Yes I want a flag   but it is not the be all and end all   if it happens it happens   I don't whinge after a loss I move on to the next game

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Absolutely. Everybody over the years has been far to nice to The MFC. It deserves a good shake. 

At least the Ox is out there as a mouthpiece. 

I can't believe the amount of people today who want to shield the players from such critisism and cover there sacred ears. 

Hell man we were 3 goals up at 1/4 time then the Aints kicked 8 goals to nil before we woke up again. 

Go Ox. 

Give them a blast daily. 

Anyone heard a word out of the President this year?

is it alive?

Disrespectful to someone who gives time to the Club, you really are pathetic 

Edited by Satyriconhome

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Yes you are right Satyr and everybody else is wrong. 

Other posters write far more inciteful training reports than anything you do and whenever anyone  has ago at you or challenges you, you go hard at the man

nuffink

Pommy Git

So I assume your opinion of the game at the weekend was based on what? Radio coverage

Nothing like a bit of laughable racial vilification   more Irish actually

Inciteful training reports   yes they do and I thank them   mine aren't meant to be    you are clutching at straws now

Now come on try and really insult me

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

[censored] !!!! Is Saty a Pom? I didn't know that !! I hope he paid more than 10 quid to get here!!!

Came out via Qantas   chasing a young blonde lady I had met on my travels in Europe. Discovered there were heaps of them here snd stayed   discovered footy as well    even saw the Ox play   pity he can't help himself now

7 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Yes I want a flag   but it is not the be all and end all   if it happens it happens   I don't whinge after a loss I move on to the next game

Again. I find your positioning odd.

A flag(s) is indeed the be all and end all. 

Playing good football is the method to archieve  it.

Maybe too many at the club share your view. It would explain the empty cupboard.

Everyone wants success in whatever form. We want successful careers, we want happy and successful relationships, and everyone likes to be associated with successful things. We want to feel that our lives are meaningful and worthwhile, and ultimately successful however we measure it. Everyone on this site has a long standing and continuous relationship with our footy club. We have an emotional investment in our Demons. We want them to be a successful team not only for our own satisfaction and enjoyment but we want our team to be respected because of that success. Not everyone can win a gold medal or win all the time. Winning a flag is the holy grail and so much can go wrong or rather you need so much to go right, like winning the Tour De France. I will be happy if my team not only wins footy games but can do so consistently so that others will admire and respect our club. I will be overjoyed if we win a flag but it is not the be all and end all. It is the cherry on top of the cake. But in my mind it is not take it or leave it. Let's enjoy the ride and enjoy the fruits of future success rather than dwelling only on "the flag".

• Like 4

Add me to the list of those wanting to see a flag.
2nd isn't an option anymore.
Get the monkey off the back.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

So I assume your opinion of the game at the weekend was based on what? Radio coverage

Nothing like a bit of laughable racial vilification   more Irish actually

Inciteful training reports   yes they do and I thank them   mine aren't meant to be    you are clutching at straws now

Now come on try and really insult me

Couldn't be bothered. It might excite you..

AFL football like any premier level of a sport is not about making up the numbers. It's about winning the prize.

What are these Fruits of Future success if not a premiership ?

28 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Disrespectful to someone who gives time to the Club, you really are pathetic 

Oh i am so concerned 

Satyr thinks i am pathetic

I KNOW you are pathetic. 

Your whole attitude to this club is just weird. 

"It matters but it doesn't matter"

pure Pom attitude...

41 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

You said it. 

Maybe Satyr is actually "The Curse..."