2 Home Games a Year in NT for 2017 & 2018

Demonland

Just now, Sir Why You Little said:

Excuse me? Stop changing the subject mid way through a discussion Stuie

YOU DO IT ALL THE TIME...

Haven't changed the subject once actually. (Are you sure you actually read the post and/or article?)

One of us started ranting about GWS for some reason, guess who it was?

Just now, Diamond_Jim said:

I do not mind Docklands except for the seating arrangements.

When we play there the middle deck which is the best view is almost empty. Yes I know about Medallion club members etc but surely they could work out something so our measly 25.000 fans are not stuck in the Gods or on the ground floor where viewing is a little better but not ideal.

Perhaps I am spoilt by the MCG where I am used to a whole bay almost to myself !! :)

I've never had a problem with Docklands either ... the modern day supporter is a little spoilt.  Go there early is the key.  Much like it was previously at the suburban grounds we had to frequent.

Standing up on sludge with poor amenities at various suburban grounds was the way it was for most away games ... by contrast, Docklands is pure luxury.  I've never understood the angst.

Back on topic ... in an ideal world we'd be as big as Collingwood and we'd be making truckloads of money even for our away fixtures in Melbourne - but we don't live in that ideal world. 

12 minutes ago, stuie said:

Haven't changed the subject once actually. (Are you sure you actually read the post and/or article?)

One of us started ranting about GWS for some reason, guess who it was?

Let me put it this way Stuie so even you can follow the dots

The reason we have a deal with the NT is quite simple 

90% $$$

10% Indigenous Commitments

The Academy's have been an after thought once every body realized Sydney had a massive advantage. 

6 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Let me put it this way Stuie so even you can follow the dots

The reason we have a deal with the NT is quite simple 

90% $$$

10% Indigenous Commitments

The Academy's have been an after thought once every body realized Sydney had a massive advantage. 

Typical stance by you, just can't see past your own selfish ranting ways.

I love this from PJ:

“To continue the relationship with the community up there and to give back and develop Indigenous football and improve Indigenous communities is really important.

“I think the community actions of AFL clubs are really important. The community supports our game and the community, in the end, pays us for what we do and allows us to do what we do. It’s a privilege for us – the players and administration.

“The club needs to give things back to the community, in my view.”

You can be a cynical fist-shaker as much as you want, but I for one think Jackson is genuine in saying this and you're only demonstrating things about yourself by continuing on with your line of commenting despite the statements by our CEO to the contrary.

29 minutes ago, Macca said:

I've never had a problem with Docklands either ... the modern day supporter is a little spoilt.  Go there early is the key.  Much like it was previously at the suburban grounds we had to frequent.

Standing up on sludge with poor amenities at various suburban grounds was the way it was for most away games ... by contrast, Docklands is pure luxury.  I've never understood the angst.

Not on topic I know, but that's why I dislike Docklands, no soul. For me, Footy is not meant to be luxurious.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, stuie said:

Typical stance by you, just can't see past your own selfish ranting ways.

I love this from PJ:

“To continue the relationship with the community up there and to give back and develop Indigenous football and improve Indigenous communities is really important.

“I think the community actions of AFL clubs are really important. The community supports our game and the community, in the end, pays us for what we do and allows us to do what we do. It’s a privilege for us – the players and administration.

“The club needs to give things back to the community, in my view.”

You can be a cynical fist-shaker as much as you want, but I for one think Jackson is genuine in saying this and you're only demonstrating things about yourself by continuing on with your line of commenting despite the statements by our CEO to the contrary.

No my opinion differs to yours. 

DO NOT PUT YOUR WORDS IN MY MOUTH. 

Let's play Hawthorn & Geelong up in the NT next year. Let's see if those 2 teams are willing to travel for 4 points. 

They wouldn't touch it

BTW our CEO has his hands tied with this issue. I bet you serious coin on that one. 

It was a non negotiable when he took over from "you know who.."

Edited by Sir Why You Little

9 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

It was a non negotiable when he took over from "you know who.."

Jackson has now re-signed the deal twice, so you're completely wrong, and that's a fact.

But the circle is now complete, you've successfully ranted about the AFL hierarchy and Schwab in a thread nothing to do with either.

Just now, --coach-- said:

Not on topic I know, but that's why I dislike Docklands, no soul. For me, Footy is not meant to be luxurious.

But many won't go to the Docklands for reasons other than the 'soulless' argument ... people not going to watch their team because the stadium is supposedly 'soulless' is not a good enough reason.  I've heard all that stuff before about Docklands and I'm not buying it. 

We start winning again and our supporters will even go to Docklands.  Same deal for the supporters of other clubs who have a similar view of the ground. 

Docklands is inconvenient because it's not the MCG - now that I can believe.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Macca said:

But many won't go to the Docklands for reasons other than the 'soulless' argument ... people not going to watch their team because the stadium is supposedly 'soulless' is not a good enough reason.  I've heard all that stuff before about Docklands and I'm not buying it. 

We start winning again and our supporters will even go to Docklands.  Same deal for the supporters of other clubs who have a similar view of the ground. 

It starts Sunday Macca!

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

We have driverless cars and we put a man on the moon more than 40 years ago. Is it too much to ask for software to be developed that automatically transfers slanging matches between Stuie and SWYL into a thread of their own invisible to the rest of us?

Just block both of us. Then you won't see our posts and you also won't have to post attention seeking posts like the above. Cheers!

Just now, old dee said:

It starts Sunday Macca!

Hope so ... the Saints can be quick & slick though.  As always, we hope for the best and hope we bring our best game.

Our best performances this season might include 3 losses (North, Hawks & Crows) ... if we play as well against the Saints as we did against those 3 teams, we'll win.

I thought we were really good on Saturday night ... we just lack a bit of polish and finishing skills.  The attack on the ball and the contest was very good.  And it was great to beat Freo regardless of their issues.

Our young blokes are hungry and that's why Roos is playing them over other players who ordinarily might be played.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, stuie said:

Jackson has now re-signed the deal twice, so you're completely wrong, and that's a fact.

But the circle is now complete, you've successfully ranted about the AFL hierarchy and Schwab in a thread nothing to do with either.

I am completely wrong am i?

Feel Free to believe what you want Stuie. No skin off my nose.

Like i said. Let's play a Top Victorian side up there, until then i will always believe we are still being told what to do by the AFL. 

Just now, Sir Why You Little said:

I am completely wrong am i?

Feel Free to believe what you want Stuie. No skin off my nose.

Like i said. Let's play a Top Victorian side up there, until then i will always believe we are still being told what to do by the AFL. 

Flip flop flip flop... Make up your mind which conspiracy theory it is champ, is it the AFL's fault or is it Schawb's fault that PJ has now re-signed this deal twice?

OR is it exactly as PJ (one of the straightest shooters around) says and it's simply a good partnership? I know who I'm likely to believe out of "SWYL" on Demonland and Peter Jackson our CEO.

16 minutes ago, stuie said:

Flip flop flip flop... Make up your mind which conspiracy theory it is champ, is it the AFL's fault or is it Schawb's fault that PJ has now re-signed this deal twice?

OR is it exactly as PJ (one of the straightest shooters around) says and it's simply a good partnership? I know who I'm likely to believe out of "SWYL" on Demonland and Peter Jackson our CEO.

Like i said. Believe what you like Stuie

I Honestly do not care...

we have this deal because nobody else wants to touch it. 

That is where i sit

6 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Like i said. Believe what you like Stuie

I Honestly do not care...

we have this deal because nobody else wants to touch it. 

That is where i sit

Lol, so it was the AFL's fault, then it was Schwab's fault, now it's EVERYBODY's fault...

Classic WYL.

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Where did you hear that? That is an immense amount of cash for 2 games. Good on the club if they've managed that. And you're right with our Academy due to be setup there (as much as I think the academies are a crock) it will help with that too.

I used to be totally against the NT games taking an swyl position. Now I actually think it would be good if we could get 3 or 4 games there similar to the Tassie deals. If we could get $6.4m over 2 years instead of $3.2m it would go a hell of a long way to sorting us out for the long term both on and off field 

I heard it in SEN at about 10:50pm Sunday night. The presenter was speaking with a Journalist from the Northern Territory. It's the first I have heard of an amount for our games in the NT. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Macca said:

I'm not talking about anyone else, I was talking about me. It's actually easier for me to get to Docklands and I can park for free much closer than I can at the MCG. We could win every game of the season (wouldn't that be awesome) and you will see me at Kardinia Park long before you see me at Docklands. Same as when Victoria Park, Waverley and Whitten Oval were operational, I went to them more often than I go to Docklands now. Each to their own.

• Like 2

Here are the reasons why I support the NT deal:

- cash - goes without saying.

- academy - I don't know the details of how this works, but anything that gives us the inside running on talent is obviously a good thing.

- home advantage - perhaps slightly controversial, but playing in the NT may eventually give us a BETTER home advantage than the MCG. It's a pretty unique place to play footy and we should handle it a lot better given we've played there twice a year for the last 6/7 years than a side going up there for there for the first or second time. Opposition teams play on the MCG all the time and the climate is never a factor.

- preparation for finals - it can be really hot in September (and early October). If we've played in the heat twice during the year, it may just give us an edge when it really bloody matters!

- indigenous communities - as much as I question how much a footy clinic addresses the massive problems in indigenous communities, it's nice that the club is at least trying to do its bit tackling social issues. 

• Like 4

On 7/11/2016 at 5:34 PM, --coach-- said:

I'm not talking about anyone else, I was talking about me. It's actually easier for me to get to Docklands and I can park for free much closer than I can at the MCG. We could win every game of the season (wouldn't that be awesome) and you will see me at Kardinia Park long before you see me at Docklands. Same as when Victoria Park, Waverley and Whitten Oval were operational, I went to them more often than I go to Docklands now. Each to their own.

Well ... if you want my personal view on the ground, I don't mind the place at all (Docklands) 

But my previous posts were observations on how the supporter group views the stadium.  Same with the whole NT argument ... it may not suit various individuals but if it's great for the club then I'm all for it ... and by the sounds of it, the club is very happy with the arrangement. 

Edited by Macca

4 hours ago, daisycutter said:

spin it anyway you like macca...

...but the bottom line is we are still giving up a competitive on-field advantage for a fist-full of shekels....and that is a fact

In the short term but in the long term those shekels will allow us to be more competitive on a more regular basis than we otherwise would be. 10/11 flags won by clubs in the top quartile for FD spending according to The Guardian article on the Hawks linked in the other thread.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

In the short term but in the long term those shekels will allow us to be more competitive on a more regular basis than we otherwise would be. 10/11 flags won by clubs in the top quartile for FD spending according to The Guardian article on the Hawks linked in the other thread.

Sure but that must be balanced against Membership numbers as well. 

I have no doubt if the club did not sell these 2 games per year then Memberships would be easier to sell. 

Saturday nights game wasn't even on FTA. Pretty ordinary arrangement for the real Demon supporters...

8 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Sure but that must be balanced against Membership numbers as well. 

I have no doubt if the club did not sell these 2 games per year then Memberships would be easier to sell. 

Saturday nights game wasn't even on FTA. Pretty ordinary arrangement for the real Demon supporters...

Do the maths mate.

Let's say, generously, 1,000 members don't sign up specifically because of the NT deal (being VERY generous here). Average that out to $150 that's $150k.

The word is we're getting around $500-600k per game in the NT deal.

Pretty simple decision really.