Eddie and Caro

Undeeterred

7 minutes ago, stuie said:

And there it is.

Back when women knew their place and if they didn't you could "smash them" back into submission hey?

You've really outed yourself in this thread.

Outed myself? 

no i just survived 12 years of school walking with canes at both Public & Private Schools Stuie

Not a day went by where i didn't get hammered. You either toughen up or die

Caro thought it was funny on 3AW

Edited by Sir Why You Little

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Seriously, you're not able to process the difference between the two occasions?

There is no difference

As far as I am concerned both groups of commentators made the same bad joke. Laughed about it the same.

i don't believe either had any genuine ill intentions towards Wilson. It is well known that many on the triple m crew do not like Wilson due to things that she has written about them and their clubs

the point here is that Carro only seems to be offended by one party when both are as bad as each other in this instance. How can there only be outrage towards one party?

the fact is they're all idiots but the witch hunt only seems to be after one of them

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SaberFang said:

Talking about drowning women is just "banter" now? Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the world's changed from your prehistoric views; you might want to move with the times.

As for your baffling comparison about the "hypocrisy" of posters, please point me to ANY POST WHATSOEVER where someone on Demonland has commented about wanting to hold an MFC listed player under water and insinuate wanting to drown them. Because I'm fairly confident if any such post was made, not only would that poster be roundly chastised, they would likely face a board suspension.

Being critical of a player's performances is so far removed from criticising a pompous fool who considers violence against women "banter" and it's an embarrassingly poor comparison, even by your standards.

I didn't say I shared the prehistoric views, please read my post correctly, I said it was the usual tasteless footy show banter, one reason I don't watch the Footy Show is because of the sexist tasteless rubbish, which some of the audience howl along with, so please don't preach, try listening to some of the so called supporters at games as well or in a pub

I also didn't say anything about holding under water, but we have had a few posts/topics re hate, or bashing heads in, or calling posters certain names, it is all cut from the same cloth, it is tasteless, bullying and totally inappropriate

Suggest you give a read to this also

3 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I have just read the transcript of what was said. ( i am in Cambodia so not exactly Front Page news here)

If i had heard that on Radio i would have laughed. 

Let's be honest here 

in 2013 most of us here wanted to Smash Wilson to a pulp for what she wrote about Tanking

Absolute storm in a teacup...

But may Eddie not sleep for a few nights....

Stuie once had a spell from Demonland for suggesting something very unseemly about what he would like to do to Caro.

Do not grandstand on this one Stuie.

I remember very clearly what you wrote .

Way worse than Eddie .

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Outed myself? 

no i just survived 12 years of school walking with canes at both Public & Private Schools Stuie

Not a day went by where i didn't get hammered. You either toughen up or die

Caro thought it was funny on 3AW

You're not going to win this one SWYL.  Using the analogy of your school days is rather odious.  Like you, I had similar experiences.  But I am reminded of the old 'toughen up kid"  "A good clip over the ear never hurt anybody".  "Made a man out of me".  Well to some, maybe it panned out that way.  But maybe, those people would have turned out as strong characters regardless of the 'clip over the ear'  For many others it was damaging.

Violence has no place and can never be justified.  Nor can the inciting of violence or the tacit acceptance of it.

Edited by iv'a worn smith
  • Like 3

Just now, Biffen said:

Stuie once had a spell from Demonland for suggesting something very unseemly about what he would like to do to Caro.

Way worse than Eddie .

No, I did not actually, so obviously you don't remember clearly at all.

I did however pass on an inappropriate rumour about her and another media identity.

The weakest type of person is someone who makes something up to dob someone in with when they think they won't get caught out.

6 minutes ago, Biffen said:

Way worse than Eddie .

Let he who has never sinned cast the first stone.... or something

Edited by jnrmac

4 minutes ago, iv'a worn smith said:

You're not going to win this one SWYL.  Using the analogy of your school days is rather odious.  Like you, I had similar experiences.  But I am reminded of the old 'toughen up kid"  "A good clip over the ear never hurt anybody".  "Made a man out of me".  Well to some, maybe it panned out that way.  But maybe, those people would have turned out as strong characters regardless of the 'clip over the ear'  For many others it was damaging.

Violence has no place and can never be justified.  Nor can the inciting of violence or the tacit acceptance of it.

I am not trying to win anything. 

Caro has double standards. She will laugh when it suits her and go hard just as easily. 

That is her Modus Operandum

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

I did however pass on an inappropriate rumour about her and another media identity.

The weakest type of person is someone who makes something up to dob someone in with when they think they won't get caught out.

Stuie and an inappropriate rumour...

This cannot be so...

1 minute ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I am not trying to win anything. 

Caro has double standards. She will laugh when it suits her and go hard just as easily. 

That is her Modus Operandum

That could be every single poster on here, thought you said you have toughened up, still frightened by a woman (is that a sexist comment on my part)

Just now, Satyriconhome said:

That could be every single poster on here, thought you said you have toughened up, still frightened by a woman (is that a sexist comment on my part)

What are you talking about??

12 minutes ago, Biffen said:

Way worse than Eddie .

That's because our favourite little virtue signaller fashions his rage in a way to display his moral superiority over everyone else. He's really just a bully who gets his green light to be  jerk in the guise of "standing up for the minority", lol everyone sees through it.  I'll highlight it though :) 

7 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

What are you talking about??

Comprehension skills a bit light on today SWYL, every poster on here has 'double standards' read the posts

She seems to be right up there with Cam Schwab as the person responsible for running over your cat in the past

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stuie said:

Actually no. The weakest type of person sends a pm to another poster telling them in a fit of anger to "Go kill yourself!". That would be you stuie.

• Like 1

I seem to recall Eddie complaining after the 2014 grand final that Tom Jones in the pre-match entertainment should not have sang Delilah because the subject of the song is about a man killing Delilah.

Those in glass houses ...

1 minute ago, Moonshadow said:

Actually no. The weakest type of person sends a pm to another poster telling them in a fit of anger to "Go kill yourself!". That would be you stuie.

Wow, in all of the wonderfully erudite PM's I have received from the more adventurous on here, never had one like that, I am jealous, NOT

Just now, Satyriconhome said:

Comprehension skills a bit light on today SWYL, every poster on here has 'double standards' read the posts

She seems to be right up there with Cam Schwab as the person responsible for running over your cat in the past

What a profound comment, must have taken you all day to construct that thought

i will repeat

on 3AW where Caro is employed she laughed at the same comment...

Double Standard < Yes

Just now, Sir Why You Little said:

i will repeat

Double Standard < Yes

Nah, about 10 secs SWYL, only in debate with yourself, so not too taxing, double standards are a way of life now, another thing you will have to get used to, to go along with the lack of respect, disdain for authority and "the all about me" syndrome

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, iv'a worn smith said:

Mac, I prefer this one.  People in grass houses shouldn't get stoned.

Or people in glass houses shouldn't stow thrones....

1 hour ago, Moonshadow said:

Poor attempt at a gotcha moment there Ricky. Not all anger, threats and disrespect ends in physical violence against women, but all violence against women begins with them*. The 'joke' was disrespectful and casual misogyny, but Eddie cannot see that. If you think it's ok for a highly influential media personality to make a vitriolic 'joke' about killing a women then no amount of "teasing out the dynamic" will help you understand. As someone else pointed out here, there's not a chance in the world he would've said the same about his wife or kids.

*https://www.respect.gov.au/

Misogyny is a hatred of women. All McGuire's comments revealed was that he disliked Wilson, not that he disliked her because she was a woman. The fact that you go on in your post to say he wouldn't make the same comments about females in his own family shows that McGuire doesn't hate women and is not in fact a misogynist. I think that falsely accusing people of misogyny, sexism, racism and homophobia is almost as bad as those things themselves. So I would advise you to be more accurate in future.

All I want is a single persuasive argument that off-colour humour has any substantive impact on levels of domestic violence. In 8 pages of discussion no-one has been able to provide me with that. Violence against women is a serious issue and such a comprehensive misdiagnosis of the problem means that the problem will remain. It is much easier to bring down a public figure like McGuire for an unpopular comment than to do the hard work of actually figuring out how we can fix this problem. But we owe it to the victims of domestic violence to do just that. We must do better.  

Edited by Ricky P
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

i will repeat

Double Standard < Yes

This is a 3Aw transcript:

Dwayne Russell: We’d have to sell tickets for those who want to push you, Caro, I reckon.

Caroline Wilson: That’s very funny Dwayne. Hysterical.

Tony Shaw: And hold her under Dwayne.

Caroline Wilson: Oh, boys.

Caroline didn't laugh in a "I am amused" way. It was totally derisionary.  As soon as the guys realised that, they stopped. 

Compare to MMM comments here: http://erinriley.com.au/archives/2912

They did not stop.  In fact Eddie added: "I reckon we could charge ten thousand for everyone to stand around the outside and bomb her". That sounds positively medieval to me.

Bomb Her!  Does that not sound violent to you?  Not sure what he thought the bombs would be: rocks, ice, water bombs, sticks?  They all hurt! 

It is not ok to 'bomb' or hurt anyone with anything at anytime.  Eddie was completely out of line.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

This is a 3Aw transcript:

Dwayne Russell: We’d have to sell tickets for those who want to push you, Caro, I reckon.

Caroline Wilson: That’s very funny Dwayne. Hysterical.

Tony Shaw: And hold her under Dwayne.

Caroline Wilson: Oh, boys.

Caroline didn't laugh in a "I am amused" way. It was totally derisionary.  As soon as the guys realised that, they stopped. 

Compare to MMM comments here: http://erinriley.com.au/archives/2912

They did not stop.  In fact Eddie added: "I reckon we could charge ten thousand for everyone to stand around the outside and bomb her". That sounds positively medieval to me.

Bomb Her!  Does that not sound violent to you?  Not sure what he thought the bombs would be: rocks, ice, water bombs, sticks?  They all hurt! 

It is not ok to 'bomb' or hurt anyone with anything at anytime.  Eddie was completely out of line.

Not disputing Eddie took it too far,  but the double standards are still there

Hey Eddie may lose his coveted Presidency over this

that is a positive...