The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

7 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Happy to do it if asked

No idea why people complain, as this happens on EVERY forum on the internet.  It's not as if it just happens here as an anomaly.

Don't like the banter?  Takes 10 seconds to scroll past it.  Quicker than asking a mod to waste their time on it.

• Like 9

It's such a shame how threads on Demonland get continuously derailed by the same group of childish in fighters trying to big note themselves at the expense of any cold hard facts or logic.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SaberFang said:

Yeah, you lost me there. It doesn't work this way.

You're telling me that Fyfe and his manager have agreed on a trade to the Demons on the proviso that the personal life of another player may or may not go a certain way, that they may or may not request a trade to Perth? Player movement doesn't work this way and a player of Fyfe's caliber isn't going to make career-defining decisions based on the actions of another player.

Not to mention Fyfe is a free agent at the same time Jesse's contract ends; the club would be braindead to trade for him right now if he wanted to come to us, especially when the full extent of his injury is a mystery to other clubs.

I wonder, is this from your same source that promised us Josh Kennedy, Patrick Dangerfield and Dion Prestia over the last 3 years?

Agreed. 

So are we suppose to believe that Fyfe's destination is going to be dictated to by the movements of Hogan? So stupid it's laughable.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Agreed. 

So are we suppose to believe that Fyfe's destination is going to be dictated to by the movements of Hogan? So stupid it's laughable.

But what if Fyfe wanted to come to us. 

That would be a nice change!

and yet supposedly Freo and dees in talks ......just in case ?? 

3 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

No idea why people complain, as this happens on EVERY forum on the internet.  It's not as if it just happens here as an anomaly.

Don't like the banter?  Takes 10 seconds to scroll past it.  Quicker than asking a mod to waste their time on it.

Its not banter. Its nothing but trash. That's why mods exist.

Seems a mod agreed with me, and deleted many posts, so your grandstanding was wasted.

Edited by faultydet

10 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Its not banter. Its nothing but trash. That's why mods exist.

Seems a mod agreed with me, and deleted many posts, so your grandstanding was wasted.

He agreed, begrudgingly, after constant whining from the masses, lead by your good self.  If it was that bad he would done it without complaint.

I'm sorry scrolling past things you don't want to read is such a tough task for you.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

At the risk of further distracting this thread, it's worth pointing out that I deleted over 40 posts. That's more than a quick scrolling could pass over, especially since they were scattered across 7 or 8 pages. You're also assuming that the irrelevance or disagreeableness or whatever of each and every one of these, including your own, was somehow knowable in advance of reading  them. That takes a rare skill. And if you're suggesting that this sort of thing can be decided purely on the identity of the poster then the ignore button would surely be a far more efficient choice.

2 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

He agreed, begrudgingly, after constant whining from the masses, lead by your good self.  If it was that bad he would done it without complaint.

I'm sorry scrolling past things you don't want to read is such a tough task for you.

Note to self: this is the internet, must use emoticons.

I wasn't really being serious in my 'complaint' (do you really think the comment about press-ganging members was genuine? I'd have thought you were better with tone than that.) As it happens I'd already had a pm conversation the evening before with a poster whose views I trust absolutely about whether to intervene after the ridiculous digression impelled by Saty and his conversations had first begun to gather steam. I chose not to then but by the time faulty raised his concerns things were obviously getting out of hand.

I'm not sure where the 'constant whining' you refer to is, but wherever it is I wasn't responding to it.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, faultydet said:

Are you saying I am one of the guilty ones?

No, just that I've noticed it a bit from multiple posters. It takes a lot of time for the mods (having been one myself earlier in my younger years) and really, it's simple to just read past them.

Edited by A F

7 hours ago, DeeZee said:

It's such a shame how threads on Demonland get continuously derailed by the same group of childish in fighters trying to big note themselves at the expense of any cold hard facts or logic.

Are not....

• Like 2

It's no wonder Jesse has struggled in the back end of the year, all the pressure of the footy world, being out of form and struggling to kick set shots, his old man not being well on the other side of the country and not really being able to go and be with him.

I can tell you this, if Jesse came out tomorrow and said i want to move to Perth, i would lose zero respect for him, i've been through that sort of thing myself, it's hell so Jesse should do what's best for him and i think the majority of Dees supporters while disappointing would get it completely.

So long as it's the best thing for Jesse and the club gets well compensated via a trade, 

• Like 3

On 11 September 2016 at 7:51 AM, Abe said:

It's no wonder Jesse has struggled in the back end of the year, all the pressure of the footy world, being out of form and struggling to kick set shots, his old man not being well on the other side of the country and not really being able to go and be with him.

I can tell you this, if Jesse came out tomorrow and said i want to move to Perth, i would lose zero respect for him, i've been through that sort of thing myself, it's hell so Jesse should do what's best for him and i think the majority of Dees supporters while disappointing would get it completely.

So long as it's the best thing for Jesse and the club gets well compensated via a trade, 

Are you suggesting he may be too mentally fragile to be a champion?

10 minutes ago, buck_nekkid said:

Reading in the paper all the players Freo are into for this trade period.  Forwards, rucks and all sorts.  Not one mention of Jessie. I wonder if they would even have room for him?

Freo scattergun approach 

6 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Jesse for Fyfe/Fyffe

Omg

Lol

Im not sure why people are so quick to dismiss this. If hogan was to go to perth this year then in some ways this trade makes good sense.

Pav has retired and hogan would be the perfect replacement. With luck with injuries he has another 10 years of top shelf footy. And we need a true a grade mid badlly and i suspecy fyfe would be positive about where were at and goodwin's style.

As brilliant as fyfe is there is a big chance he will leave after his contract ends at tbe end of 2017. This has been openly discussed. He is 24 so has left footy left and of most significance he is coming off two very serious injuries. Who knows if he will get back to his best.

Finally the timing lines up for both clubs in terms of when both players contrats end. That's to say both clubs will have far less leverage in the market if both players are out of contract.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, binman said:

Im not sure why people are so quick to dismiss this. If hogan was to go to perth this year then in some ways this trade makes good sense.

Pav has retired and hogan would be the perfect replacement. With luck with injuries he has another 10 years of top shelf footy. And we need a true a grade mid badlly and i suspecy fyfe would be positive about where were at and goodwin's style.

As brilliant as fyfe is there is a big chance he will leave after his contract ends at tbe end of 2017. This has been openly discussed. He is 24 so has left footy left and of most significance he is coming off two very serious injuries. Who knows if he will get back to his best.

Finally the timing lines up for both clubs in terms of when both players contrats end. That's to say both clubs will have far less leverage in the market if both players are out of contract.

You make good sense, but a power forward will continue our success growth.

25 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Agree. JH, Weed and JW with Kent, Garlett, Petracca, VDB etc is a fairly handy forward line. Pedo is also around to help forward/ back or in the ruck.

Then we can concentrate on improving the midfield inside and out, adding another key back and maybe another ruck/forward.

It will be interesting to see if Hulett kicks on.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Dont get me wrong my very strong preference is to keep hogan. I cant believe how many dl posters seem to be cooling on him. He is a gun. Will be one of the best forwards of the modern era and if he stays with us a melbourne legend

• Like 8

2 hours ago, binman said:

I'd want Neale and their first rounder as a minimum. Fyfe's break won't enable him to be the same player and will always have the propensity to shatter the bone again. A massive risk and one that I wouldn't want to make for Jesse.