Roos recalls Petracca blast.

dazzledavey36

3 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Petracca is Allen Jakovich 2.0, and I couldn't be more excited

Too bad he didnt get the number 13. C Oliver would look good in the #5 too

Are you being ironic? Because this thread is about being disciplined and having professional standards, so I don't know why you would take the opportunity to mention Jako, a player who was notorious for the exact opposite.

3 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

YES! That is correct. Say it back to yourself, without sarcasm, and you actually have it right.

Jesus Christ... have you not noticed our lack of resemblance to a professional sporting organisation over many years? Can you not see this is a perfect example of the garbage that Roos was brought in to fix? The fact you have a kid in the organisation who thinks its OK to take a dumb risk like that is indicative of the broader problem. Think about it.

I tried. Still not seeing it. I've noticed our lack of professionalism. I understand Roos was brought in to tend to our garbage behaviour. But I'm not convinced this is an example of some renegade selfishness. I broke a toe once kicking it on the side of furniture.

4 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

Are you being ironic? Because this thread is about being disciplined and having professional standards, so I don't know why you would take the opportunity to mention Jako, a player who was notorious for the exact opposite.

Not being ironic, Petracca has the same personality as Jaka did and the same abundance of natural talent.

9 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Not being ironic, Petracca has the same personality as Jaka did and the same abundance of natural talent.

wow. well I'm sure you'll appreciate the fact that Jakovich only managed 54 games and did only a fraction of the damage he could have. It is likely his lack of professionalism contributed to this. Is this really the path you want CP to follow, or are you starting to get the point that Roos is making?

16 minutes ago, Skuit said:

I tried. Still not seeing it. I've noticed our lack of professionalism. I understand Roos was brought in to tend to our garbage behaviour. But I'm not convinced this is an example of some renegade selfishness. I broke a toe once kicking it on the side of furniture.

do you realise that is Roos is explicitly telling us that it definitely IS an example of it? This isn't the theory of some random demonland poster. But if you reckon you know better then good for you mate. I just hope the rest of the club has ears that aren't quite as deaf.

4 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

do you realise that is Roos is explicitly telling us that it definitely IS an example of it? This isn't the theory of some random demonland poster. But if you reckon you know better then good for you mate. I just hope the rest of the club has ears that aren't quite as deaf.

Yes. And I disagree with Roos if Roos is genuinely upset. A massive over-reaction. He broke a toe rather than aggravate a knee. He was at just as much risk of doing the exact same at training. Or, playing with his dog. Or, doing whatever people do in the course of their lives. It's not an example of a poor unprofessional attitude that needs correcting.

1 hour ago, Curry & Beer said:

wow. well I'm sure you'll appreciate the fact that Jakovich only managed 54 games and did only a fraction of the damage he could have. It is likely his lack of professionalism contributed to this. Is this really the path you want CP to follow, or are you starting to get the point that Roos is making?

Not sure where I said I wanted CP to follow Jakovichs path.  Probably cos I didn't.

• Like 1

Dead set.

If I meet another demon supporter in a pub they are instantly my new best friend for the night and will speak to them about our great club til the cows come home.
and although we may disagree on a couple players or topics we still have a good laugh over a beer.

Jump onto here or facebook, we are fighting like 10 year olds who go for Collingwood and Carlton.

It's 2:17AM here where I am in the middle of the ocean, so it would be 1:17AM back home on a sunday night.
Don't some of you guys need sleep for your jobs to get to in the morning instead of fighting over petty things about the one club we all love?

• Like 5

Just brush it off and walk away mate.
Nobody wins in pointless internet arguements.
It becomes a mundane back and forth of insults and verbal bashing and acheives nothing.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Skuit said:

I think the point is not the outcome but how the injury came about.

You can trip over walking down the street, break a toe and that is plain bad luck. But is slam dunking basketballs when you are coming off a knee reconstruction smart behavior ? Roos apparently doesn't think so.

• Like 4

So... The time honoured Demon tradition of hooning 'round doing doughnuts in Utes is now forbidden!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Roos said Hogan must not cut corners if he wants to succeed over the long haul.

"He still needs to get really good at AFL habits''

Just found it interesting Hogan was picked out. Thought I read somewhere a while ago he turned up in poor condition over the summer?

I haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if this has already been said.

I have noticed on multiple occasions from Roos when talking about Jesse specifically (end of years reviews... stuff like that), he has often used language like "Jesse needs to keep listening", "Jesse needs to keep learning"....  etc

Have found that quite interesting and assumed maybe there was a small element of FIGJAM behind the swagger we all love.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

Not sure where I said I wanted CP to follow Jakovichs path.  Probably cos I didn't.

What has Clive Palmer got to do with Jako ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JTR said:

I haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if this has already been said.

I have noticed on multiple occasions from Roos when talking about Jesse specifically (end of years reviews... stuff like that), he has often used language like "Jesse needs to keep listening", "Jesse needs to keep learning"....  etc

Have found that quite interesting and assumed maybe there was a small element of FIGJAM behind the swagger we all love.

There are a couple of things that I'd like to see Hogan get out of his game. One is throwing his hands up when a teammate doesn't kick the ball to him. The other is whinging to the umpires when he doesn't get a free. In the Saints game, he started whinging about a free when the ball was still in play and in his vicinity. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Skuit said:

Yes. And I disagree with Roos if Roos is genuinely upset. A massive over-reaction. He broke a toe rather than aggravate a knee. He was at just as much risk of doing the exact same at training. Or, playing with his dog. Or, doing whatever people do in the course of their lives. It's not an example of a poor unprofessional attitude that needs correcting.

He's coming back from an ACL and reinjured himself (albeit a different injury) while attempting to dunk in his backyard - it's completely unprofessional, it's not about what did happen it's about creating additional risks for yourself. If he'd landed and twisted his knee putting him out for another season do you think the club would pat him on the back and say "geez, hard luck mate". They've invested in him, he is a professional athlete - he was given a warning with it only being a broken toe.

• Like 10

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.