Why raise Tanking again Garry?

Redleg

Exactly! We were punished by the AFL for "bringing the game into disrepute" (by being fined and  denied Priority Picks) despite being found innocent whilst EFC is rewarded (with "top-up players and financial assistance) for being found guilty of running a drug regime. Talk about double standards and re-inventing the definition of "disrepute".

The EFC have received NO penalty for having 34 players guilty of taking PED's. They have received no penalty for organising & running a program that led to 34 players being found guilty of using PED's.  Book keeping penalties 2 years ago do not cover this atrocity. They have received help to bolster their side and will be allowed a larger salary cap and will likely receive the 1st pick in the draft. The penalised players will be paid for not playing! 

Where is the penaty for the club that experimented with the health of these young men? Where is the penalty for the club that cheated?

Edited by ManDee
  • Like 8

Exactly! We were punished by the AFL for "bringing the game into disrepute" (by being fined and  denied Priority Picks) despite being found innocent whilst EFC is rewarded (with "top-up players and financial assistance) for being found guilty of running a drug regime. Talk about double standards and re-inventing the definition of "disrepute".

Speaking honestly, if there was a WATA body that challenged this AFL ruling, who here believes it would not have turned into "Guilty"?

• Like 2

Speaking honestly, if there was a WATA body that challenged this AFL ruling, who here believes it would not have turned into "Guilty"?

I think we tanked. I think many teams tanked. Sides are rewarded for losing.#  I think the penalties we received for bringing the game into disrepute were the same as a tanking penalty. Essendon received a penalty for bringing the game into disrepute, for shoddy book keeping. Since then WorkCare have found them guilty and CAS have found them guilty of actions far more serious than book keeping and no penalties from AFL house.

Logically from this can we presume that if Essendon had kept good records of cheating that they would have received no penalty?

#The draft should be a lottery.

Edited by ManDee
Typo
  • Like 1

Why raise tanking again Red?  Every time you complain the wound just gets opened. 

I think we tanked, you don't. But by raising it you just remind me we did.  

We all know what happened. Help the club and move on. 

Bob, I didn't raise tanking again, Garry did, that was what my thread was about.

I know we tanked, just as AD said others had and ok'd the process. I was just upset at the time that we were singled out, when it was a widespread process.

However, I will ring Garry and ask him not to raise it again, so that I don't comment on him raising it and thereby don't remind you of it.

I suppose the real intent of your post is to really ensure that Demonland doesn't look back at the past and to that end perhaps we should stop all comments on all past events of the MFC, that are upsetting to us. ???

To get serious for a second, given we are only playing the Bombers once, I would have preferred it not to be the first time they play in Melbourne, so early in the season, where there they will not be deflated yet and with their horde of fans present. No matter what others think, I am concerned about this game. We have a history of losing the games where we are favourite and should win comfortably. What do you think about that? Am I just a typical pessimistic Demon fan?

Bob, I didn't raise tanking again, Garry did, that was what my thread was about.

I know we tanked, just as AD said others had and ok'd the process. I was just upset at the time that we were singled out, when it was a widespread process.

However, I will ring Garry and ask him not to raise it again, so that I don't comment on him raising it and thereby don't remind you of it.

I suppose the real intent of your post is to really ensure that Demonland doesn't look back at the past and to that end perhaps we should stop all comments on all past events of the MFC, that are upsetting to us. ???

To get serious for a second, given we are only playing the Bombers once, I would have preferred it not to be the first time they play in Melbourne, so early in the season, where there they will not be deflated yet and with their horde of fans present. No matter what others think, I am concerned about this game. We have a history of losing the games where we are favourite and should win comfortably. What do you think about that? Am I just a typical pessimistic Demon fan?

You heard it here first Mr. Leg we will win this game.

Put it in the bank.

Edited by old dee

I will be happy to totally deflate them in round 2 'Red'...

• Like 1

I was very disappointed to hear Garry Lyon raise the MFC Tanking hearing, on Footy Classified on Tuesday. There was absolutely no need to, during a discussion of the Bombers player suspensions and it just put some more Sh- t on the club, for absolutely no reason. 

Couldnt imagine MFC Officials would be thrilled. 

He was raising a good point while doing it though, in that CAS and WADA have ensured that this couldn't get swept under the carpet, and things always have. Oh how I wish we could have a comp who looked long term and didn't pander to people now to clean things up. Imagine if we set standards and stuck to them and made real penaties for not doing so, we may actually have a league we could be proud of.

Where is the penaty for the club that experimented with the health of these young men? Where is the penalty for the club that cheated?

• $2 million fine for poor governance
  • Team kicked out of the 2013 finals
  • Loss of 2013 draft picks
  • Loss of 2014 draft picks
  • Hird suspended for 12 months and later sacked
  • Corcoran suspended for 6 months
  • Dank found guilty by ASADA and unable to work in sport forever
  • Thompson fined $30,000
  • Watson most likely to lose his Brownlow medal
  • Fine of up to $600,000 by Workcover for unsafe work practices
  • 34 players suspended for two years (reduced by backdating)
  • Reputations ruined and the club probably uncompetitive for 3-4 years

Honestly ... how much more punishment do you want?

• Like 4

oh we'll lose it

of course we will

everyone will be expecting us to choke and we'll deliver on that promise as always

• Like 1

Wow Mr. Leg and C and B I cannot believe how negative you pair are on 15th January.

The  list has improved quite a bit since last year and we are looking at a more attacking  game plan in 2016.

Essendrug have been decimated by suspension. They have lost 6- 8 of their top 12 players.

and you pair are still mired in 2013 thinking.

Come  on guys brighten up after this game we will be 2 from 2 and have a healthy percentage.

• Like 5

Wow Mr. Leg and C and B I cannot believe how negative you pair are on 15th January.

The  list has improved quite a bit since last year and we are looking at a more attacking  game plan in 2016.

Essendrug have been decimated by suspension. They have lost 6- 8 of their top 12 players.

Come  on guys brighten up after this game we will be 2 from 2 and have a healthy percentage.

What did you do with  Old Dee?    We want the old bugger back. 

• Like 4

What did you do with  Old Dee?    We want the old bugger back. 

Hi Bossdog people think I am negative I think I tell it as I see it and for almost a decade we have had a crap list that was not capable of competing at AFL level. The results bare this out.

I have constantly complaint about this and a number of the individuals involved.

At the start of 2016 we have a much improved list the majority of the VFL level talents have gone.

While we are in no danger of winning the flag for some time I believe our list can win 10 games this year and Essendrug will be one of those wins. 

Edited by old dee
  • Like 2

Hi Bossdog people think I am negative I think I tell it as I see it and for almost a decade we have had a crap list that was not capable of competing at AFL level. The results bare this out.

I have constantly complaint about this and a number of the individuals involved.

At the start of 2016 we have a much improved list the majority of the VFL level talents have gone.

While we are in no danger of winning the flag for some time I believe our list can win 10 games this year and Essendrug will be one of those wins. 

people are right OD but we love you for it.  viva la difference mate.

a good dose of truth never goes missed. we all need it.

• $2 million fine for poor governance
  • Team kicked out of the 2013 finals for poor governance
  • Loss of 2013 draft picks for poor governance
  • Loss of 2014 draft picks for poor governance
  • Hird suspended for 12 months and later sacked for poor governance & going against club wishes
  • Corcoran suspended for 6 months for poor governance 
  • Dank found guilty by ASADA and unable to work in sport forever not a club penalty
  • Thompson fined $30,000 for poor governance 
  • Watson most likely to lose his Brownlow medal not a club penalty
  • Fine of up to $600,000 by Workcover for unsafe work practices Yes for an unsafe workplace not for cheating
  • 34 players suspended for two years (reduced by backdating) not a club penalty - inadvertent inconvenience - top ups allowed + extra salary cap
  • Reputations ruined and the club probably uncompetitive for 3-4 years not a club penalty - speculation

Honestly ... how much more punishment do you want? I want a club penalty for running a program where 34 players have been found guilty of cheating

The above bolding is mine.

Exactly which punishment has the club been given for conducting a program where 34 players have been found guilty of drug cheating?

• Like 4

The above bolding is mine.

Exactly which punishment has the club been given for conducting a program where 34 players have been found guilty of drug cheating?

well put mandee. technically correct, but it is all interrelated and the sum total of penalties is quite imposing

of course with all such matters some get off too lightly and others get treated more harshly relatively speaking

This club organised a program that led to 34 players being found guilty of cheating and the players have been given a modified 2 year ban.

Since the guilt of the players has been proven (In a club organised program) the club has received no penalties but has received concessions, extra players and increased salary cap.

I ask, can anyone see how the club has directly been punished in respect of the recently proven cheating program? 

• Like 3

I tend to go back and forth on a near daily basis. I get excited, then I remember the last 10 games of last year..  then I remember that every season without fail we have key players go down with injury.. then I remember that every off-season we fail to bring a true marquee player... then something like this Melksham incident happens which makes me wonder if we are still in amateur hour at this club.

I tend to go back and forth on a near daily basis. I get excited, then I remember the last 10 games of last year..  then I remember that every season without fail we have key players go down with injury.. then I remember that every off-season we fail to bring a true marquee player... then something like this Melksham incident happens which makes me wonder if we are still in amateur hour at this club.

Since the end of the 2015 season there have been some pluses and some minuses but overall I think we have improved quite a bit both on and off the field. IMO we have improved since last year. Keep in mind we are coming from a long way back.

I am confident you will find a lot more to be happy about in 2016.

Sure there will be games that will have me heading for the single malt but there be less and we are going to sing the song with gusto more often this year.

• Like 1

I was very disappointed to hear Garry Lyon raise the MFC Tanking hearing, on Footy Classified on Tuesday. There was absolutely no need to, during a discussion of the Bombers player suspensions and it just put some more Sh- t on the club, for absolutely no reason. 

Couldnt imagine MFC Officials would be thrilled. 

It's all an AFL conspiracy.

Where is Old Dee and what have you done with him?

• Like 2