BERNIE VINCE (Appreciation Thread #1245)

How good is this bloke, will/has there ever been a demon so universally loved (AFL wide) both for his approach on and off the field as much as Bernie Vince? (i'm sure there has, but it is rare).
Love what this bloke brings to the team week in and out. If only we had him his entire career. Catch this quote (paraphrased) from his latest catch up on Robbo's Roast: http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2015-07-23/robbos-roast-bernie-vince

"I kick a real kick out of helping young guys, that is something i could see doing after footy is working in development, i love helping the young guys they just have such amazing attitudes--the whole footy club has, they are just eager to learn. That's why i want the MFC to do so well. I am getting towards 30, i would love to play finals footy before i finish and if i could in any shape or form help these young guys come through then i could sit here (MCG) and watch them play in a Grand Final and think: I HELPED THEM GET THERE."

Would love to have a beer with Bernie.

• Like 24

My mate lives in the same building as Bernie and couldn't speak more highly of the guy. By all accounts he's a pleasure to chat with and the perfect neighbour. Just like you'd expect from a good country lad!

Club should auction off a beers-with-Bernie night post-season for the Treloar fund. ;)

• Like 14

Is on the Footy Show yet again. They love a baby faced footy guest it seems.

Havent there been about a million of these I Love Bernie Vince threads by now?

Of course, I suppose thats saying something in and of itself.

I'm sorry Chook, let me post this fantastic quote from Bernie (which gives us plebs an insight into his integrity, his love for the MFC and his dedication to assisting our upcoming players) in one of the other Bernie threads where it can be lost and never read/appreciated amongst the infighting and general nonsense that goes on in these woods.

Peanut.

So considering the lad's only missed one game since being recruited, is it safe to say (on current form) Bern might end up with 80+ games at the end of Goodwin's first year?

You'd give him the extra year just for the offspring! :)

I'm sorry Chook, let me post this fantastic quote from Bernie (which gives us plebs an insight into his integrity, his love for the MFC and his dedication to assisting our upcoming players) in one of the other Bernie threads where it can be lost and never read/appreciated amongst the infighting and general nonsense that goes on in these woods.

Peanut.

What did I do to deserve that?

I was simply pointing out that the sheer number of Bernie appreciation threads is a good indicator of his popularity. It’s called a metastudy. A study of the number of studies of a particular thing is often a good way of determining the overall truth or relevance of that thing.

And as for peanut, well...

snoopy.png

Edited by Chook
  • Like 2

I was simply pointing out that the sheer number of Bernie appreciation threads is a good indicator of his popularity. It’s called a metastudy. A study of the number of studies of a particular thing is often a good way of determining the overall truth or relevance of that thing.

Peanut.

I think most of us got your post Chook, some are just a little slower than others. It was also one of my first thoughts as well. Very popular player and for good reason.

So considering the lad's only missed one game since being recruited, is it safe to say (on current form) Bern might end up with 80+ games at the end of Goodwin's first year?

You'd give him the extra year just for the offspring! :)

Easily. Could play till he is 35. I watched an SANFL game a few years ago, Adelaide had dropped him over an incident.

He had close to 40 touches in 3 quarters, I just thought - this bloke is far too good for SANFL. He just had a knack of finding the pill.

Nothing has changed. In the current climate of youngsters neglecting skills and smarts, Vince could comfortably play till he is 34-35.

Ablett jr will be able to play till he is 37-38 IMO, and retire on his own terms, providing the body holds up.

Edited by KingDingAling

Father/son rule in the year 2035, here we come!

Well, assuming the AFL haven't declared all heritage club father/suns must be forfeited to the Western New South Wales Suns expansion club.

Edited by Lamashtu

And as for peanut, well...

snoopy.png

I think most of us got your post Chook, some are just a little slower than others. It was also one of my first thoughts as well. Very popular player and for good reason.

Dear Chook, please note thread title change:

sorry.gif

Dear Ethan

apathy.gif

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As
  • Like 3

I love this guy. He plays his heart out every week. What an inspiration for his teammates. In my opinion he is the recruit of the decade. I looked up his old school, Prince Alfred College. It has produced three other Demons, Luke Tapscott, Jack Trengove and Jack Viney. A good football breeding ground maybe rivalling Assumption College and Brighton Grammar.

• Like 1

I love this guy. He plays his heart out every week. What an inspiration for his teammates. In my opinion he is the recruit of the decade. I looked up his old school, Prince Alfred College. It has produced three other Demons, Luke Tapscott, Jack Trengove and Jack Viney. A good football breeding ground maybe rivalling Assumption College and Brighton Grammar.

PEGS is also up there as well.