Round 14 - Non MFC Games

SaberFang

Essendon will come out firing next week. Mark my words, this is dangerous for us.

firing on what... they running out of fuel!! ^_^

• Like 1

Getting really nervous now, Hird may get sacked after this.

Worst case scenario for us.

Beat me to it. Hird deserves every chance to see if he can coach. They must not be hasty, at least for another week.

• Like 2

Saints 6 wins and it's only halfway through the season. Don't forget they finished lower than us last year with only 4 wins.

Bottomed out and working their way back up the ladder in no time. Richo is a brilliant coach.

Edited by Lamashtu
  • Like 1

Saints 6 wins and it's only halfway through the season. Don't forget they finished lower than us last year with only 4 wins.

Bottomed out and working their way back up the ladder in no time. Richo is a brilliant coach.

Don't forget we were 41 seconds away from beating them 3 weeks ago

saints have one player on their injury list. one.

makes the world of difference.

they've also got a heap of players with a welter of experience:

- riewoldt

- montagna

- ray

- dempster

- gilbert

- schneider

with big game finals experience.

steven and armitage are like two nathan joneses for them too.

make no mistake, they've recruited well but they've also been astute with who they've let go and who they've got playing on.

• Like 1

makes next weeks games rather interesting

going with Bomber baracking step son too....:)

I am itching to pot the Bombers but I don't want to mozz us next week.

The only thing I feel ok saying is that at least when we lost by 100+ points it was to the reigning premiers not the reigning wooden spooners.

Otherwise I will wait till next week to gloat :cool: or jump off West Gate bridge :unsure:

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

Essendon will come out firing next week. Mark my words, this is dangerous for us.

I agree

sadly we will be lucky to win

not to mention the travel back from Darwin

Saints bottomed out and have bounced back, sure, but almost 1/3 of their team has Grand Final experience and a decade of Finals experience. We have VFL players with 40 games for depth.

Not confident about Essendon. We should win by 4-5 goals. Whether we will is another matter.

Smells a lot like the Brisbane game last year. Genuinely worried. A loss could see the team spiral into another poor second half of the year. Would be devastating if we lost.

• Like 1

Is Max King able to come in for Howe? Why don't we just give him a go. Now's not the time to be shite scared of trying a couple of kids. Hell, I'd even give Jayden Hunt a run before the season's out.

King - one good game at VFL firsts, and that a few weeks back. No way. Harmed - maybe.

I wonder if Hird will roll out the old #saga excuse again.

Any chance Essendon will wake up to the fact that he's just a [censored] coach?

All media propaganda- they actually beat the Saints by five goals.

• Like 1

Saints bottomed out and have bounced back, sure, but almost 1/3 of their team has Grand Final experience and a decade of Finals experience. We have VFL players with 40 games for depth.

Not confident about Essendon. We should win by 4-5 goals. Whether we will is another matter.

Smells a lot like the Brisbane game last year. Genuinely worried. A loss could see the team spiral into another poor second half of the year. Would be devastating if we lost.

Yep, exactly this. The game that should be a monty to win and we end up with egg on our faces.

• Like 1

If you want some therapy have a look at Bomberblitz. I like the thread with the gloriously illiterate title:

Hird. Pressure is mountain.

havent looked for a long while....that was fun :)

Firstly, they only have 5 wins.

Secondly, they literally have no injuries. This is as good as their list gets right now.

Thirdly, they still rely on their older players and premiership players (Riewoldt, Montagna, Dempster, Ray, Schneider, Gilbert).

Fourthly, they've beaten Essendon (awful, and bottom 6), us (bottom 6), Gold Coast (bottom 6), Brisbane (bottom 6) and the Dogs. Funnily enough, we've also beaten the Dogs and GC, haven't had the chance to beat Brisbane or Essendon yet, and we've beaten Geelong (in Geelong) and Richmond as well.

Overall, I'd rather be us than St Kilda.

• Like 5

maybe a little to quickly though - once those premiership players go..

havent looked for a long while....that was fun :)

enjoyed this one - says it all

"Clear out the boys club at AFL house. Have some credible replacements who tell WADA and co to GAGF!

Then watch Hird and the players hold up the cup in 2016."

• Like 4

Matthew Lloyd on 3AW just then: "On paper, next week we have a very winnable game."

Smash these [censored], Dees!

must have been confusing himself by reading a 'script" Thats the paper EFC deals in no ??