Post Match Discussion - Round 9

Demonland

The club should have made the sub at half time. You could see the train wreck even from them. To not sub Fitzy off was a hocking decision.

Even before the game they should have brought in either Newton or Riley.

Another game where part of the loss is when we make stupid silly decisions like this.

All hail Mr Roos

Im not going to get carried away with emotions

From what I saw we got hammered in the middle and out ran by a far better side. Its an easy to say it's as simple as the midfield because a lack of effort or experience was also a factor for some players today.

But a young kid who's played (9 games?) led the way in the middle today - thats the real shame on our side. When Jones was cut out after qtr time the only player to stand up in the middle was a 19 yo.

We need more quality in the middle - first hands on ball as we have a lot of other good pieces

• Like 1

Just shows we need to add someone like prestia along with a free agent like danger field. He won't sign with us now, but we need to add 2 a/b+ muds and hope for a clean bill of health. Vince, Lamumba etc should all be outside, we need viney, brayshaw etc to kick on and we need help. Our list from 28-42 stinks. If it doesn't stink because of players who can not play footy when the going is tough, it stinks because they are young and inexperienced. I'd much rather gamble on 10 inexperienced than holding on to the same pea hearts who can't hit a contest or hurt the opposition. Our top 15 is fine, our next 10-13 are learning... but until we have a list who give week in week out, we will always get blown away. We desperately need 2-3 top mids. That helps Jones, Tyson etc and pushes the others out to the wings god its frustrating

• Like 1

Listen Mate did you actually watch his pathetic I will say it again for emphasis pathetic efforts

We single him out but he was one of 14 players that were extremely ordinary today. Every week the same people jump on him but he is only one player, he cops the most but he has a number of friends that should also be under the same pressure.

You jump on him for not tackling, our tackling today from all players was extremely poor, the port players just broke our tackles. Nathan Jones refuses to man up, when we don't have the footy he always trails his man by 5m.

Watts was bad, but he is no orphan but others get away with it.

• Like 2

We single him out but he was one of 14 players that were extremely ordinary today. Every week the same people jump on him but he is only one player, he cops the most but he has a number of friends that should also be under the same pressure.

You jump on him for not tackling, our tackling today from all players was extremely poor, the port players just broke our tackles. Nathan Jones refuses to man up, when we don't have the footy he always trails his man by 5m.

He leads the way for it. The other 13 players know that if Watts is allowed to get away with it and still get his pay cheque then they have nothing to worry about.

We need to learn to identify our lapses and work out a way to ideally get our game back up and running or minimise damage

We still lack those quality leaders.

We desperately need to hang onto garlo

• Like 1

He leads the way for it. The other 13 players know that if Watts is allowed to get away with it and still get his pay cheque then they have nothing to worry about.

This is going to become a massive cultural problem if it isnt already.

Tackling pressure was definetly down today - which might indicate a lack of effort and is a fair and reasonable argument

But also after qtr time our boys didn't get their hands on the footy often enough. Port smashed us in the middle then out ran us. Port got their tales up in the 2nd after a few soft free kicks and ran away with the game literally. Once they got their tales up they continued to build confidence kept winning the footy and kicked some ridiculous goals.

It wasn't a great game toady but for me it just showed once again that our biggest issue is lack of quality midfielders. And there is no quick fix

If we can play games on our terms - Lots of stoppages and contested footy I reckon we will win a good majority of games - but if good teams beat us up in the middle and run (Port, Hawks, Freo, Swan - damn there is theme here) we are not a good enough side at the moment to compete

We need a Toump/stretch to stand up and run and carry - we need a quality half back or two who use the ball well and run (Salem) and we need some quality indise boys who run *Tyson... alex NB, Van Demon berg, Petracca etc?)

we've got good building blcoks but they're all kids - its going to take time sadly and today showed again we lack those real good quality mids

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Like 1

He gets away with nothing, he is the most scrutinised player on our list, we have a number of players that get there pay cheque that continue to underperform and they get to do it with no real heat.
  • Like 2

No mate his efforts are pathetic simple really doesnt actually play footy accept and lets move on or do we wait for him to come good. Cant tackle cant win a footy what does he add?

Like everyone, I was really disappointed with most of Today. Port are a good side, they have been poor recently and were horrible early, but like a good side they got a sniff, got confidence and started running forward of the ball as they knew they could win the CF.

I look at it like this. For years, we have just been plain horrible. We are starting to play good footy, but the horrible remains. I think we are improving, and I remain confident of 6 wins, which is what I expected.

I'm shattered about today, but I think we will have better days ahead.

No mate his efforts are pathetic simple really doesnt actually play footy accept and lets move on or do we wait for him to come good. Cant tackle cant win a footy what does he add?

You are talking about three quarters of our team but you go after one. I'm not saying he was good, I'm pointing out that he is not the only one that should be in focus. we have a number of under performers that we gave carried for a number of years

You are talking about three quarters of our team but you go after one. I'm not saying he was good, I'm pointing out that he is not the only one that should be in focus. we have a number of under performers that we gave carried for a number of years

Underperforming is one thing.

Not trying, being afraid of physical contact and not going when its your turn, are another.

No Dr I am talking all about what he represents ok ? There are less skilled players who try he doesnt !

Like everyone, I was really disappointed with most of Today. Port are a good side, they have been poor recently and were horrible early, but like a good side they got a sniff, got confidence and started running forward of the ball as they knew they could win the CF.

I look at it like this. For years, we have just been plain horrible. We are starting to play good footy, but the horrible remains. I think we are improving, and I remain confident of 6 wins, which is what I expected.

I'm shattered about today, but I think we will have better days ahead.

We cant win away from the G still, plain and simple, dont pencil us in for any wins played elsewhere i guess...

Edited by Wadda We Sing

You were quiet last week, jackaub.

Do you rejoice in a loss to bag out Watts?

I have been bagging Watts since I first saw him play no good move on

I suppose I should put the Leonard Cohen LP on.

break out the sedatives,

run a warn bath,sharpen the cut throat and prepare for the end.

Jeesus Moon.

I was having a pretty good night despite the result until I read that.

Could you stop calling me Jeesus? Your adoration is admirable, but try not to be so obvious Biff.

He gets away with nothing, he is the most scrutinised player on our list, we have a number of players that get there pay cheque that continue to underperform and they get to do it with no real heat.

But he leads the way for it. We praise players who lead the way for playing well but can't scrutinise players who lead the way for lazy pathetic efforts who don't lay one tackle in a game?