Delistings/trades at end of the season

Interestingly enough, I'm well informed he's having an extended period of time in Melbourne at the moment.

Recovery related I wonder? Or...

Recovery from physical injury, or ?

Not sure that Bennell would be beyond the ability of Roos, Goodwin and McCartney and mentors such as Cross and Petracca. I think that we should give it a go!

Not sure that Bennell would be beyond the ability of Roos, Goodwin and McCartney and mentors such as Cross and Petracca. I think that we should give it a go!

Petracca is a kid, how would he change Bennell?

• Like 7

Let's assume for a moment that we can nab just ONE of the players mentioned - Day, Dixon, Gorringe and O'Meara. I won't put Prestia or Bennell in as it hasn't been explicitly said they want out or will be traded out.

Which of the 4 do you take? Do you nab O'Meara for the midfield, or do we get either Day or Dixon as a second forward for Hogan?

Let's assume for a moment that we can nab just ONE of the players mentioned - Day, Dixon, Gorringe and O'Meara. I won't put Prestia or Bennell in as it hasn't been explicitly said they want out or will be traded out.

Which of the 4 do you take? Do you nab O'Meara for the midfield, or do we get either Day or Dixon as a second forward for Hogan?

O'Meara would be up there with Hogan and Bontempelli as one of the best kids in the competition. He would cost our first two picks.

O'Meara knees worry me.. if he was fit and healthy yes.

Personally id take Day. Only 22 years old and has huge upside i reckon. Big unit and can take a strong grab.

Charlie Dixon off field is something you want to steer clear off.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 1

O'Meara knees worry me.. if he was fit and healthy yes.

Personally id take Day. Only 22 years old and has huge upside i reckon. Big unit and can take a strong grab.

Charlie Dixon off field is something you want to steer clear off.

Agree, the knee worries me too.

• Like 1

Looking at Sam Day's averages they seem fairly underwhelming.

Average disposals per game: 9.3

Average marks per game: 3.2

Average goals per game: 0.7

He was pick number 3 it's surprising he hasn't had as much bad publicity as Watts..... but then who has?

Petracca is a kid, how would he change Bennell?

Don't write off the possibility of being influenced by your peers moreso than the elder statesman! From what I have seen of Petracca, he is infectious, has good values and a professional approach to his AFL career. I think that the influence of him, Hogan and Brayshaw will carry this Club further (in the right direction) than any other three players on our list, despite their relative youth and time in the system.

Don't write off the possibility of being influenced by your peers moreso than the elder statesman! From what I have seen of Petracca, he is infectious, has good values and a professional approach to his AFL career. I think that the influence of him, Hogan and Brayshaw will carry this Club further (in the right direction) than any other three players on our list, despite their relative youth and time in the system.

You have only seen what you see on Camera.

Shannon Byrnes on VFL radio a while ago mentioned that while Petracca is a good kid he at times can get a little distracted from what he is suppose to do in terms of rehab and general stuff in detail. He is a very bubbly kid but also still needs to mature a bit.

Let these kids develop first and mature before we start pairing them off with coke heads.. jeez..

There are no better role models at our club then Daniel Cross, H Lumumba, and Nathan Jones.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 8

Purple brought up 4 names from GC who are looking to move on at season's end - Charlie Dixon, Daniel Gorringe, Sam Day and the surprising one was Jaeger O'Meara. O'Meara is contracted for next year but there are rumblings that he is looking at his options. Apart from Gorringe I'd been keen to have a look at all three of those for obvious reasons. Day and Dixon as a second foil to Hogan and O'Meara to be an excellent addition to the midfield.

There is obviously plenty of water to go under the bridge with GC this year and what happens with their list come season's end, but there is certainly a chance that we can poach someone that will really improve the list.

The word from Purple is that he is looking at property in Melbourne. If players leave en masse GC are in deep poop.

We would hope that he is at any rate, but we still need to win a few more games to convince someone like him we are worth playing for.

I just love the way everything Barrett says which might ultimately benefit Melbourne is believed on Demonland to be ridgy-didge, 100% true without question and everything he says which might be critical of Melbourne is made up, arrant nonsense.

• Like 4

I just love the way everything Barrett says which might ultimately benefit Melbourne is believed on Demonland to be ridgy-didge, 100% true without question and everything he says which might be critical of Melbourne is made up, arrant nonsense.

sounds about right :lol:

Didn't say at any stage that I believed it. This whole thread is full of rumour and assumptions. Just putting forward what he had to say last night.

I agree with you that Petracca would be a great mentor. He has previous experience in more professional environments than AFL.

But, In the case of Harley Bennell, I don't see a whole lot Christian Petracca can do for him. Lumumba on the other hand, he could offer quite a lot - same with Roos.

• Like 1

You have only seen what you see on Camera.

Shannon Byrnes on VFL radio a while ago mentioned that while Petracca is a good kid he at times can get a little distracted from what he is suppose to do in terms of rehab and general stuff in detail. He is a very bubbly kid but also still needs to mature a bit.

Let these kids develop first and mature before we start pairing them off with coke heads.. jeez..

There are no better role models at our club then Daniel Cross, H Lumumba, and Nathan Jones.

Perfect, the man who always has the last laugh !

WTF??? How could Petracca be a role model, he's 19 and yet to play game!

O'Meara would be worth a punt, but his knees are a big concern. Potential to be one of the greats, but also a chance he can never string together a full season. What would we have to pay? Is our first pick worth the risk? Maybe we could ask Richmond's doctor to put him through his paces before we make them an offer.

I quite like the idea of targeting another tall forward, as I don't rate Dawes and still think King is a long way off. Day would be my preference over Dixon, especially if it's to be believed that Brisbane are driving Dixon's price through the roof.

• Like 1

As mentioned by a couple of authors,Grimes or Trengove to be kept at Demonland for very little money. Rookies get $80,000 plus per annum,I wished that I get paid that much, very little money…..can only dream.

The Trengove [censored] off to Richmond was a load of bullsh.t,never going to happen,only used as exercise to lay down the law to players underperforming.Trengove will get back to his best next year however may not get a gig in the midfield.

• Like 1

Yeah i wouldnt put hogan into the off field angel club. He has a bit of a play on weekends. Like most 20 year olds do.

As mentioned by a couple of authors,Grimes or Trengove to be kept at Demonland for very little money. Rookies get $80,000 plus per annum,I wished that I get paid that much, very little money…..can only dream.

The Trengove [censored] off to Richmond was a load of bullsh.t,never going to happen,only used as exercise to lay down the law to players underperforming.Trengove will get back to his best next year however may not get a gig in the midfield.

Not playing with a full set if you think the Trengove deal to Richmond was all but done...

THEIR doctor saw something in the MRI.

That means we agreed and they were doing their due diligence in the medical.

• Like 1