THE SAGA CONTINUES - WADA APPEALS

Then they will determine "comfortable satisfaction" in German, French and Italian. I understand Switzerland is tri-lingual. The German will be barked out. The French will be mumbled out and the Italian will be with hand gestures.

• Like 3

Mr Hird would be upset as he was just one day left to appeal otherwise he would have gotten away with it.

WADA could not have pick a more appropriate day to lodge an appeal.

56228_4263f37f9ea3ba28996790ad900a0b00.p

• Like 3

Update: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/wada-wants-essendon-case-heard-in-switzerland-20150519-gh5ath.html Confirmation of intention to go to Switzerland.

Some extracts from the article:

...It has also been interpreted as a provocative move by WADA to seek to move the matters as far as possible from the AFL environment....

...Lawyers for the 34 current and former Essendon players will strongly object to the request...

...The question arises from the WADA application as to whether there is more power in the Swiss jurisdiction for witnesses to be compelled to testify...

The last point will allow Charter, Aliva etc to be called without the influence of the EFC friends with bags of money getting to them.

The vice is tightening.

For the first time I feel confident Hird and Co will go down!!

• Like 6

Just out of curiosity for the lawyers amoungst us, i assume you'd be paid extra for having to go to switzerland for multiple days, if nothing else this process is going to bleed the bombers dry

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity for the lawyers amoungst us, i assume you'd be paid extra for having to go to switzerland for multiple days, if nothing else this process is going to bleed the bombers dry

I understand the skiing and après ski activities are great in Switzerland.

• Like 2

Oops! Just noticed another line in the article I quoted in above post: "...CAS decisions are binding but there is an appeal possible to the Swiss Federal Tribunal on a very limited number of grounds which according the CAS website would be "a lack of jurisdiction, violation of elementary procedural rules (e.g. violation of the right to a fair hearing) or incompatibility with public policy".

I wonder if the Hirds would have the gall to use the 'lack of jurisdiction' clause to appeal an adverse decision given they have labeled the CAS process as 'unconstitutional'!!

So in an fair and just world, the 34 current/ex Essendon Players are convicted of taking illegal substance.

When does Mr Hird get a life ban from the AFL?

Or will he be allow to continue his AFL career?

• Like 1

I understand the skiing and après ski activities are great in Switzerland.

not atm..... but in 5-6 months maybe :rolleyes:

Then they will determine "comfortable satisfaction" in German, French and Italian. I understand Switzerland is tri-lingual. The German will be barked out. The French will be mumbled out and the Italian will be with hand gestures.

a de c, I think the words are all ready:

English: Comfortable Satisfaction

Italian: Confortevole soddisfazione

German: Komfortable Zufriedenheit

French: Confortable Satisfaits

No matter how it is pronounced they all say: GUILTY :cool:

Oops! Just noticed another line in the article I quoted in above post: "...CAS decisions are binding but there is an appeal possible to the Swiss Federal Tribunal on a very limited number of grounds which according the CAS website would be "a lack of jurisdiction, violation of elementary procedural rules (e.g. violation of the right to a fair hearing) or incompatibility with public policy".

I wonder if the Hirds would have the gall to use the 'lack of jurisdiction' clause to appeal an adverse decision given they have labeled the CAS process as 'unconstitutional'!!

Well...put it this way...there is a path to appeal to the Swiss FEd Trib....but there is no appeal ...'capiche" :roos:

a de c, I think the words are all ready:

English: Comfortable Satisfaction

Italian: Confortevole soddisfazione

German: Komfortable Zufriedenheit

French: Confortable Satisfaits

No matter how it is pronounced they all say: GUILTY :cool:

qui si, ya :)))

We're not thinking of running a raffle holiday prize are we?

ill buy a ticket ^_^

Well...put it this way...there is a path to appeal to the Swiss FEd Trib....but there is no appeal ...'capiche" :roos:

I wouldn't put it past them bb, the article also includes Little's comment from last week: "It's early days but I would've thought it probably could be heard reasonably quickly unless the club decides to, in some way, drag the process out. And I can assure you that's not what we want," he said.

He has deep pockets.

However, All this thinly veiled provocation and the Hird family bleeting will not go down well with WADA!

• Like 1

Tim Watson has reported 'they' are preparing for the appeal to be heard in Switzerland!

If it is it shows Hird/AFL/EFC how serious CAS are about having am unobstructed hearing.

I'm guessing they are getting increasingly nervous.

Not one to dance on graves.

But currently shopping for a new pair of winkle pickers as we speak.

• Like 5

What part of Switzerland do the bombers own apart from Bank Credit Suisse serial account nos 482-684.937-fund raiser emergency fund 2016'2017'2018 etc etc

I liked the bit about wada nominating a belgian senior counsel as their cas adjudicator.

He wont know or care dot 1 about the sport of afl.

Also it speaks volumes that wada want to get it as far away from the afl is possible. Combine that with asadas lack of willingness to appeal via the afl and its pretty safe to say the afl arent thought of very highly.

Pretty much the rules were written on the assumption that one day there would be a cheating player/club and their governing body would try to protect them. Which is why the 3 parties get to nominate adjudicators and why it is an international body.

Ess* are screwed.

• Like 6

Oh boy, popcorns in the microwave. They want this as far away from the tentacles of Murdoch and the AFL as possible. It will be viewed as an utterly irrelevant sport over there.

Brilliant news. Essendon would be absolutely [censored] themselves tonight.

Obviously they know that Tird likes travelling toEurope,,,

Tird could give them a tour of the French vineyards. He'd make an excellent tour guide!

Just keep your bedroom door locked at night, lest you wake to find him injecting you with a mystery substance.

• Like 1

It think WADA is like a dog with a bone when it comes to possible drug cheaters.

Great to see the good guys can also play hard ball.

• Like 1