• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Incredible Hulk - Jesse Hogan

McQueen

1 hour ago, jnrmac said:

Settle petal. You do understand the CBA hasn't been finalised don't you?

No manager would ever recommend negotiating a contract without knowing what was in the collective pot.

So then why did they open negotiations in the first place?

The point of my post was to respond to those who thought it was "mutual" and the club wouldn't be upset with putting talks on hold. The club would sign him up now for life if they could.

21 minutes ago, nutbean said:

I would suggest not when there are two years left on the contract. 

Fair point, but I also have no doubt that the club would have put a very, very good contract on the table for him.  

For the record I 100% believe he will sign on the dotted line come season's end.

28 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Fair point, but I also have no doubt that the club would have put a very, very good contract on the table for him.  

For the record I 100% believe he will sign on the dotted line come season's end.

you couldn't be 100%

2 hours ago, jnrmac said:

Settle petal. You do understand the CBA hasn't been finalised don't you?

No manager would ever recommend negotiating a contract without knowing what was in the collective pot.

Then why are so many players signing at other clubs? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Redleg said:

Then why are so many players signing at other clubs? 

I suppose the big difference would be Jesse is going to be in the top few % of highest paid players in the comp, the CBA could mean a pretty big difference contract wise for an in demand player like that.

Sidebottom by all accounts has a crazy good contract at Collingwood so he may well have felt he wouldn't get much better 

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So then why did they open negotiations in the first place?

The point of my post was to respond to those who thought it was "mutual" and the club wouldn't be upset with putting talks on hold. The club would sign him up now for life if they could.

Due diligence .There was always a chance he'd re-sign. They'd be doing themselves a disservice not to *initiate* discussions to get a feeling. It's their job.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

no, actually it's impossible, so you're talking S again

Nothing's impossible.  Don't make me use the word 'thick' again so you can cry to the mods.

I've got 100% confidence in him, and the club, to get it done at the end of the year.  If you can't comprehend that, well, that's your problem.

26 minutes ago, praha said:

Due diligence .There was always a chance he'd re-sign. They'd be doing themselves a disservice not to *initiate* discussions to get a feeling. It's their job.

I'm talking about from Hogan's side - why open negotiations knowing there was a CBA around the corner then use that as an excuse to delay?

9 hours ago, Goodvibes said:

You know that feeling we all had on Saturday when Watts was dominating, spinning out of trouble, taking on all-comers, handballing intuitively and Vandenberg, the happy recipient dribbled his snapped through courtesy of a strong Jesse Hogan shepherd? Remember the jubilant outpouring of emotion that followed that goal, both on and off the field? Did you enjoy the surge of adrenalin that goal created? Well, your posts regarding the imminent departure of the most important player to walk into our club in the last two decades is basically the antithesis of that very feeling. Why are you seemingly taking pleasure in sucking any positivity out of a supporter base that has endured more than they deserve. And you're doing it based on his tone in an interview. Seriously.

I agree al that was great. I just dont think Hogan is staying. Not going to change my opinion just because it doesnt fit the narrative of the great round 1 win. Im of the opinion hes going but im not going to worry about it. the club will be well compensated and will have a strong list regardless

7 minutes ago, loges said:

Crackers Keenan thinks he's going

Are these people saying he's gone just because he didn't re-sign with two years still to go on his current contract or because he's from WA? Either way, he and Langdon are just guessing. I doubt Hogan even gives it much thought at the moment.

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

2 minutes ago, Munga said:

I agree al that was great. I just dont think Hogan is staying. Not going to change my opinion just because it doesnt fit the narrative of the great round 1 win. Im of the opinion hes going but im not going to worry about it. the club will be well compensated and will have a strong list regardless

Out of curiosity Munga why do you think he's going? 

3 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

So your opinion is hes staying. my opinion is he is going. neither of us know yet you claim 100% hes staying. how about not accusing someone of trolling just because their opinion doesnt fit your cosy narrative. we will find out soon. In the age of player movement, thinking a player is leaving is not trolling. its reality and not necessarily the end of the world if that player goes. im not too bothered either way as any bidding war is going to be costly and as other teams have proven , an even spread of talent can win premierships without a 7 figure gun

it goes without saying my preference would be for hogan to stay. im not going to be too upset if he goes. we need to get used to that reality , especially if the AFLPA get the 6 yr free agency over the line. 

i will enjoy watching him play in the side until he goes. Never been the type to wear rose coloured glasses. I call it as i see it. 

Edited by Munga

7 minutes ago, Munga said:

I think the key point is that a few of us here on Demonland are enjoying following the Dees at the moment and are struggling with the idea that Hogan's departure to Fremantle is even a narrative at all that alone one that you seem intent on attaching to our Round 1 victory.

• Like 1

Just now, Munga said:

So your opinion is hes staying. my opinion is he is going. neither of us know yet you claim 100% hes staying. how about not accusing someone of trolling just because their opinion doesnt fit your cosy narrative. we will find out soon. In the age of player movement, thinking a player is leaving is not trolling. its reality and not necessarily the end of the world if that player goes. im not too bothered either way as any bidding war is going to be costly and as other teams have proven , an even spread of talent can win premierships without a 7 figure gun

it goes without saying my preference would be for hogan to stay. im not going to be too upset if he goes. we need to get used to that reality , especially if the AFLPA get the 6 yr free agency over the line. 

i will enjoy watching him play in the side until he goes. Never been the type to wear rose coloured glasses. I call it as i see it. 

It wasn't that at all.  It was more of an opinion based on your posting history, in that you like to take a rather negative stance towards most things.  

If you already believe he is gone then I can do nothing more than feel sorry for you.  If you've already taken that stance then it will be a taint over the next 2 years for you.  I'd hate to have to support like that.

By the way - not too upset if he goes?  A once in a lifetime forward leaves and you'll barely shrug your shoulders?  I'm glad most don't support the club with such low levels of passion as you do.

6 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Out of curiosity Munga why do you think he's going? 

to clarify my opinion.

I agree he doesnt have to sign on 2 years out however the argument he should wait till the CBA is released doesnt hold water. Other players have worked around that by agreeing to percentage of cap based on current negotiations. 

He entered negotiations then stopped. I would do the same and i dont blame him but on a spectrum of staying to leaving that move didnt put him closer to staying in my opinion.

With his  interests outside footy, Perth is a very attractive propostiion. ( theres no way to know if thats a issue or not but just putting myself in his shoes. ) Melbournes a great place if you love coffee and restuarants. If you are a keen surfer youd be keen on perth.

Absolutely he was incredibly uncomfortable in that interview the other week when the contract questioning came up. you cant deny how quiet his voice went when he spoke about it and then suddenly was at ease when the line of questioning changed. (again it could just mean he's uncomfortable discussing that topic).

Most of all, I cant see Melbourne improving enough in a short time to have him want to be a part of it. He is a competitive beast but i reckon WC or freo could mount a strong case to him that he could have success over there and still get to be with his mates and family and he could easily be convinced that alongside kennedy with priddis hitting him on the t1ts would be a nice way to earn a dollar.

I have no idea if any of this is correct which is why it is only an opinion but i havent seen anything from him more concrete that makes me think he will stay. If i do then my opinion will change. Its all .

Im sorry if it sounds negative. its purely my summation on events so far. lets hope the season goes well and he will feel he'll miss out on something special if he leaves. Lets not forget how inept as a club MFC wouldve been seen in football players eyes. Yes its turned around but only recently. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Goodvibes said:

I think the key point is that a few of us here on Demonland are enjoying following the Dees at the moment and are struggling with the idea that Hogan's departure to Fremantle is even a narrative at all that alone one that you seem intent on attaching to our Round 1 victory.

If i was attaching it to the round 1 win, i wouldve have posted in the Post match discussion thread. Isnt this the Jesse Hogan thread?

• Like 1

Just now, Munga said:

to clarify my opinion.

I agree he doesnt have to sign on 2 years out however the argument he should wait till the CBA is released doesnt hold water. Other players have worked around that by agreeing to percentage of cap based on current negotiations. 

He entered negotiations then stopped. I would do the same and i dont blame him but on a spectrum of staying to leaving that move didnt put him closer to staying in my opinion.

With his  interests outside footy, Perth is a very attractive propostiion. ( theres no way to know if thats a issue or not but just putting myself in his shoes. ) Melbournes a great place if you love coffee and restuarants. If you are a keen surfer youd be keen on perth.

Absolutely he was incredibly uncomfortable in that interview the other week when the contract questioning came up. you cant deny how quiet his voice went when he spoke about it and then suddenly was at ease when the line of questioning changed. (again it could just mean he's uncomfortable discussing that topic).

Most of all, I cant see Melbourne improving enough in a short time to have him want to be a part of it. He is a competitive beast but i reckon WC or freo could mount a strong case to him that he could have success over there and still get to be with his mates and family and he could easily be convinced that alongside kennedy with priddis hitting him on the t1ts would be a nice way to earn a dollar.

I have no idea if any of this is correct which is why it is only an opinion but i havent seen anything from him more concrete that makes me think he will stay. If i do then my opinion will change. Its all .

Im sorry if it sounds negative. its purely my summation on events so far. lets hope the season goes well and he will feel he'll miss out on something special if he leaves. Lets not forget how inept as a club MFC wouldve been seen in football players eyes. Yes its turned around but only recently. 

do you jump at shadows too, munga?

Just now, Munga said:

unlike some others I dont think its the end of the world if he leaves. it would be better if he stays but I dont see it as trolling to say i think he will leave. Its the reality of modern AFL football. 

Alright mate, I retract that statement if it hurts you so much.  As I said above I'm merely going by the fact that you often take a rather negative view of the football club, and to see you do the same here came as little surprise.

Talk about paranoia lol....

Lets just deal with a bit of common sense, firstly.. Footywriters like Crackers and Langdon unfortunate to themselves just arn't relevant anymore as they've had their time in the sun. They make/say these comments only to be noticed. They make up headlines(its their job unfortunately) with the knowledge its impossible to be called out on B.S.

I honestly believe there's no story here as he's been instructed to just play footy and enjoy. 

Remember, this is a completely different club now , massive list turnover, drafted astutely with bucket loads of talent and very good trading.

We are an Elite club now and Jesse will be or come close to being AFL highest paid player when resigns with the Dees.

• Like 1