The Incredible Hulk - Jesse Hogan

McQueen

He would've kicked 70 if he played for a top 8 team this year.

44 in a mostly rubbish team with minimal inside 50's and while probably closely managing his body/injury prevention.

It's nothing short of incredible.

I'm not tearing up, there's just something in my eye.

• Like 14

I reckon this bit of play is the highlight of Jesse's wonderful first year.

Agreed. That and Salem's tackle on Cameron were the two load blowing moments of the day

It is a very Ox-like play. Used to love the Ox running into open goal against Essendon trying to damage their cheer squad with his kick

The 2015 leading goal kickers is a good read. Roughead, Cloke, N.Reiwoldt, Petrie & Pavlich all kicked less goals than Jesse. Hawkins kicked only 2 more than him, Franklin only 3

In his first year of AFL. The more you analyse it the more stunning it gets

• Like 4

Agreed. That and Salem's tackle on Cameron were the two load blowing moments of the day

It is a very Ox-like play. Used to love the Ox running into open goal against Essendon trying to damage their cheer squad with his kick

The 2015 leading goal kickers is a good read. Roughead, Cloke, N.Reiwoldt, Petrie & Pavlich all kicked less goals than Jesse. Hawkins kicked only 2 more than him, Franklin only 3

In his first year of AFL. The more you analyse it the more stunning it gets

That's frightening if true. Imagine if Hogan was getting the kind of delivery Roughead gets at the Hawks, Pavlich at Freo or Cloke at the Pies.

Granted all three players sat a few games out, but the point stands.

If we are being pedantic - it was his second year...

Yep. We must use Hogan’s games/marks/goals tally from his first year in order to be fair.

G / M / G

0 / 0 / 0

What a dud.

Seriously, how else can we compare Hogan with those players.

• Like 1

I think it gets missed in the hype about Hogan but his quick hands and brain are a delight to behold. Some of the handpasses were fantastic. There was one rocket to newton that he fired off after he took the ball out of the air AND before he hit the ground. He has done things like that quite a few times this year.

For a big bloke to have skills and a quick mind like that is quite incredible.

And for that goose Leigh Mathews to say he is not a ground player is freaking ridiculous.

• Like 4

I think it gets missed in the hype about Hogan but his quick hands and brain are a delight to behold. Some of the handpasses were fantastic. There was one rocket to newton that he fired off after he took the ball out of the air AND before he hit the ground. He has done things like that quite a few times this year.

And for that goose Leigh Mathews to say he is not a ground player is freaking ridiculous.

Leigh Matthews had his skill set ( which included punching people who weren't actually facing him , and trying to kill Peter Giles ) Un biased, common sense analysis isn't part of it.

Leigh says a lot of things with limited knowledge. He's no longer a student of the game, but gets asked his opinion on most things.

He kept on asking about Fitzpatrick down back earlier in the year when he'd been playing this role for weeks down at Casey. I don't blame him for not being across things, but I also don't value his opinion as much as I used to.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-09-24/im-rapt-the-supporters-want-me-hogan Extracts: The Western Australian-born Hogan, who is contracted until at least the end of 2017, says he is rapt that the Melbourne faithful have taken to him and want to see him in red and blue colours for the rest of his playing days. :wub:...Looking ahead to 2016, Hogan said he was excited about gaining some teammates back from injury to create a revamped forward line, including Sam Frost and Dean Kent...“I can’t wait to develop myself to another level and not get complacent and just really strive to be part of the collective.”

Yep, a forward line of Frost, Kent, Hogan and Garlett sounds pretty good.

He doesn't give anything away re a contract but he sounds very happy with life over here, his footy and his teammates.

Have to love his honesty in saying how hard it has been to settle on the other side of the country.

I hope his enthusiasm infects some of his more laid back teammates that have been around a while if they survive the trade season.

• Like 2

Pretty tough asking Jesse in this interview about fears of losing him out West.

I think a lot of players would say things like "I would like to be a one club player" or "I want to be a part of the team when we're finals bound".

But Jesse was honest. He loves his home back out West. He's going to keep his options open and take it "year by year" at this stage. Of course its a bit worrying for Dees supporter but I would rather he be honest.

• Like 1

He loves his home back out West. He's going to keep his options open and take it "year by year" at this stage

That's not the real reason though. His manager has pointed out what he already knows: that his next contract will be gigantic and he will have many options. Could just as easily end up at another vic club for the $$$$

• Like 1

This team will ( hopefully ) grow and the camaraderie will bite deep ( I think) These young lads will see a window and sense the history and will want to hold that cup up.

I honestly cant see Jesse going anywhere if we do indeed start to climb the ladder. It will become infectious

This team will ( hopefully ) grow and the camaraderie will bite deep ( I think) These young lads will see a window and sense the history and will want to hold that cup up.

I honestly cant see Jesse going anywhere if we do indeed start to climb the ladder. It will become infectious

You've made my day Bub.

Heard from the axiomatic 'reliable source' that Roosy is currently walking around with a smile he just can't wipe of his face. Apparently he is pretty chuffed at landing another 'big fish', which will be announced when the time is right.

I just hope my 'reliable source' is correct.

• Like 10

Aside from the cash it's wins that will keep him at the Dees. He will want to be at a rising successful club, next year we get enough wins to be in finals contention and keep on that upward trend I believe he will want to stay as he will (hopefully) feel he's building something with the likes of Viney, Gus, Tracca, TMac, Salem etc. Hopefully Harmes can build on his last game as well as they're good mates.

• Like 1

The consensus amongst commentators (apart from that stroker Duh-Wayne) is that the MFC have the most promising set of youngsters.

I reckon Jesse knows this too.

• Like 4

You've made my day Bub.

Heard from the axiomatic 'reliable source' that Roosy is currently walking around with a smile he just can't wipe of his face. Apparently he is pretty chuffed at landing another 'big fish', which will be announced when the time is right.

I just hope my 'reliable source' is correct.

just made mine :)