MATCH PREVIEW & TEAM SELECTION - Round 4

Demonland

GHOSTS OF THE PAST by The Oracle

The reason the AFL gives for this apparent aberration is Melbourne's poor form but that excuse doesn't really hold because Carlton is a regular feature on the Friday night scene despite recent inferior form to that of Richmond and barely superior to Melbourne.

Is the bolded part of this statement accurate?

2012 Carlton 11 W v Melb 4 W

2013 Carlton 11 W v Melb 2 W

2014 Carlton 71/2 W v Melb 4 W

I'm starting to get confident also

Dawes, Hogan, Watts, Garlett and Kent have contributed just 16 goals between them in rds 1-3, with many missed chances between them

Sooner or later they will get it together as a group and get us that winning score that eludes us

Dawes has missed plenty of chances at being a good footballer

• Like 1

Taking my girlfriend to her first game.

A filipina with no idea about the game, except it makes her boyfriend shout at the TV a lot.

Bought her a guernsey and hat so she can look the part, and looking for the membership tent to sign her up also.

I really hope we dont kok it up, or i have no chance of ever dragging her back to a game.

Where do the Dees fans congregate in an away game? My first game since we rolled the drug cheating scum in the night game a few years back.

• Like 1

Sameal must be pleases

Yes, Yes I am. He'll get 30, kick six and 3 charlie votes. Well in my house anyway.

Gee my prediction was right!!!!!........ Viv has earnt his game

Hope he does well and has overcome the one way tag.

Viv coming of 5 day break he'll be the sub, the rest coming of 6 day break, hard slog in the wet plus back to back travel, i hope we are not flat

To be fair, the conditions at adelaide weren't nearly as bad as it probably looked on TV. I was sitting by the fence and I didn't move the whole time, and my jacket was not overly wet. If anything it just made the ball greasy. Sure, it was a physical game, but that's how roos has primed us to play. In my opinion, the tiges coming off am easy game in Brisbane but in warmer conditions would probably be less ideal as a warm up, especially if tonight is wet as predicted.

If we can shut down their spread and turn it into a tough, physical game I think we will win and win well. But if we allow them to get wide and spread, with easy footy they will cut us up. They still have a lot of strength in their line up.

• Like 3

To be fair, the conditions at adelaide weren't nearly as bad as it probably looked on TV. I was sitting by the fence and I didn't move the whole time, and my jacket was not overly wet. If anything it just made the ball greasy. Sure, it was a physical game, but that's how roos has primed us to play. In my opinion, the tiges coming off am easy game in Brisbane but in warmer conditions would probably be less ideal as a warm up, especially if tonight is wet as predicted.

If we can shut down their spread and turn it into a tough, physical game I think we will win and win well. But if we allow them to get wide and spread, with easy footy they will cut us up. They still have a lot of strength in their line up.

Really? I was sitting on the 2nd tier fence and I was completely saturated and my poncho was getting blown all over the place...

Wish I was sitting where you were sitting!

• Like 1

I was sitting on the 50 at the Bradman end. Sure, it was drizzling but it never got very heavy. Perhaps on the ground it may have been different but I was in the open. Besides, grounds these days absorb so much water before they become heavy underfoot. I don't see the weather being an issue at all for us from last week.

Yes, Yes I am. He'll get 30, kick six and 3 charlie votes. Well in my house anyway.

Great Samael. I think it was it your impassioned plae and clear eyed statement of this impressive stats in recnt games that got him over the line. Convinced me anyway.

Not being too dramatic i hope but big moment in the young blokes life. If he plays well might be the last time he ever plays at casey. I hope he starts on the ground (i expect he will) and plays a blinder. For what its worth (not much i know) i really rate him.

Are you going?

I was sitting on the 50 at the Bradman end. Sure, it was drizzling but it never got very heavy. Perhaps on the ground it may have been different but I was in the open. Besides, grounds these days absorb so much water before they become heavy underfoot. I don't see the weather being an issue at all for us from last week.

What the hell? The entire 3rd floor of the Riccuito stand emptied out, looked like the rain was coming in sideways. You must've been in the eye of the storm mate.

Great Samael. I think it was it your impassioned plae and clear eyed statement of this impressive stats in recnt games that got him over the line. Convinced me anyway.

Not being too dramatic i hope but big moment in the young blokes life. If he plays well might be the last time he ever plays at casey. I hope he starts on the ground (i expect he will) and plays a blinder. For what its worth (not much i know) i really rate him.

Are you going?

No. I can't see the games very well these days and spend most of the time watching the big screens. I buy my membership but usually watch it on TV. I get to the Casey games because the outer is a great spot to watch and I can see better in the open. Plus Casey have Bacon Rolls.