• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

My 3 word player analysis V Essendon

joeboy

Bail - shouldn't retain position

Cross - wonderful tagging game

Dawes - provided a target

Dunn - steady and safe

Frost - often got involved

Garland - was rarely proactive

Garlett - creative and exciting

Gawn - little to commend

Grimes - safe and steady

Hogan - better final quarter

Jetta - loose and careless

Jamar - virtually no influence

M.Jones - skills are lacking

N.Jones - struggled to impose

Lumumba - easily our best

McDonald - successfully commandeered position

McKenzie - played no part

Newton - reliable and composed

Salem - continued to excel

Toumpas - failed to impose

Tyson - prolific but wasteful

VandenBerg - committed and focused

Viney - often amateurish disposal

Watts - some useful touches

• Like 3

I think either Bail or Jones will be retained because I expect Roos to let Brayshaw rip it up at Casey for a few more games. If Pedo goes OK today he'll surely come in for Dawes - no way Jamar will be dropped. JKH only missed because of a late injury, so he'll be back, probably for Toumpas as you suggest.

I think either Bail or Jones will be retained because I expect Roos to let Brayshaw rip it up at Casey for a few more games. If Pedo goes OK today he'll surely come in for Dawes - no way Jamar will be dropped. JKH only missed because of a late injury, so he'll be back, probably for Toumpas as you suggest.

Fair call re Brayshaw.

Would replace M Jones with Kent instead.

I will be gutted if either m jones or bail play round 1, their turnovers are killing us in this nab series.

Bail - replace with Vince

Garland. - replace with Howe

M Jones - replace with Brayshaw

Jamar - replace with [Pedersen]

Toumpas - replace with JKH

mdemonski2 knows his footy.

Jamar aint even a tap ruckman; and when it goes to ground we are a minus 1.

Bail - Tick, tock, tick, tock.

Toumpas - hope he makes it but we are all worried

M Jones - a dime a dozen, but at least he tries to motor through

Garland - really disappointing. I expected him to show more

Drop them both O(Bail & M Jones) now and delist them at the end of the year. They can't kick.

mdemonski2 knows his footy.

Jamar aint even a tap ruckman; and when it goes to ground we are a minus 1.

Bail - Tick, tock, tick, tock.

Toumpas - hope he makes it but we are all worried

M Jones - a dime a dozen, but at least he tries to motor through

Garland - really disappointing. I expected him to show more

Jamar holds his own as a tap ruckman against all but the top 2 or 3 in the league. And he's still so far ahead of our other ruck options it's not funny. He kills them at training.

Sure he needs to do more around the ground, but Gawn can't last more than 3 quarters and Spencer is not the answer.

Dropping Jamar makes our side infinitely worse.

• Like 1

Jamar won't be dropped but needs more support. Cross I fear has played 1 year too many. he is very slow and his disposal is not good. Think he would be better mentoring at Casey with Shannon Byrne.

Happy with Grimes and Watts form. the Toump and Garland are being left behind. Pederson seems to have regressed from last year.

Jamar won't be dropped but needs more support. Cross I fear has played 1 year too many. he is very slow and his disposal is not good. Think he would be better mentoring at Casey with Shannon Byrne.

Happy with Grimes and Watts form. the Toump and Garland are being left behind. [Pedersen] seems to have regressed from last year.

On that analysis I think we have one foot in the grave Chook!

Have not watched it yet.

But I dont expect Matt Jones ,Bail or Jamar to improve.

I would not expect McKenzie to play unless tagging Gazza who will not play round 1.But he is a good servant of the club.

Pedersen is quite mercurial.Turns in crap games .Then shows real talent.

Cannot blame Toump or JV for making mistakes at this juncture in time.

I have never liked the idea of kicking across the face of goal when the game is in the balance but who cares.we live and (sometimes) learn.

I believe we will reach 35k if we manage to win some real games.

Now I will watch what is a praccy match ,essentially pointless in light of some of the end scores pre season.

• Like 2

And the other is on a banana skin. We are a couple of years off being a decent side yet. Recruiting has been good but development takes time.

On the evidence of the past few years, I would be looking at recruiting big numbers for yet another year, targeting experienced players to play a role. Turn over the list yet again. Development? Yes a great concept but we seem incapable of doing it. We need to target existing talent into the team. Damned if we can develop any young kid at this stage.

• Like 1

On the evidence of the past few years, I would be looking at recruiting big numbers for yet another year, targeting experienced players to play a role. Turn over the list yet again. Development? Yes a great concept but we seem incapable of doing it. We need to target existing talent into the team. Damned if we can develop any young kid at this stage.

I agree. We need another 5 or 6 vince, Lamumba, Garlett type recruits and one out and out superstar if we're going to really progress

Yep.

21-23 year ols we need to recruit with all our draft picks at the next draft

We lack in that area chronically

I think we have targeted those older types with Vandenberg, Newton, Tyson, Michie etc and to be fair the development under McCartney, Goodwin, Plapp has not yet had a chance. The signs are good with a lot of the newbies resigning.

• Like 1

Have not watched it yet.

But I dont expect Matt Jones ,Bail or Jamar to improve.

I would not expect McKenzie to play unless tagging Gazza who will not play round 1.But he is a good servant of the club.

Pedersen is quite mercurial.Turns in crap games .Then shows real talent.

Cannot blame Toump or JV for making mistakes at this juncture in time.

I have never liked the idea of kicking across the face of goal when the game is in the balance but who cares.we live and (sometimes) learn.

I believe we will reach 35k if we manage to win some real games.

Now I will watch what is a praccy match ,essentially pointless in light of some of the end scores pre season.

Biff you are kidding re just a praccy match and and essentially pointless - how many of the 35K members hoped for by season's start have been lost after that "effort"? - how many kids don't want to barrack for the Dees any more because they see a substitute Essendon side jumping around in joy at winning and now have to cop even more ridicule at school?

Forget what Roos said after the game - he was clearly livid after the Bombers winning goal and when the siren went. He was trying so hard to win it he left Jordie McKenzie in the subs vest for the entire game - it was more than a "praccy" match to Roos - he had the "better" players all on the ground at the finish - unlike the Doggies game.

The Dees were $1.14 or something to win. Yet again supporters of 17 other clubs are laughing at the Club!!

How many times did Dees handball to others in a worse position and under the pump. Same old turnovers. Cannot believe the number of mistakes Viney made before the final one which cost the game. But at least he is still a prospect - unlike a number of others, Toumpas - uurrgghh. Garland struggling these days. Jamar on last legs with no obvious replacement. Watts does some good things but goes missing. Bail not even a good ordinary player. Forget Jordie McKenzie etc. etc. etc.

20 something losses at Etihad in a row.

Geez we could do with some Ray Biffen ticker now.

Finals in 2016 - no way.

• Like 1

Biff you are kidding re just a praccy match and and essentially pointless - how many of the 35K members hoped for by season's start have been lost after that "effort"? - how many kids don't want to barrack for the Dees any more because they see a substitute Essendon side jumping around in joy at winning and now have to cop even more ridicule at school?

Geez we could do with some Ray Biffen ticker now.

Finals in 2016 - no way.

Couldn't agree more Foss

It doesn't matter if it was just a Nab Cup match , these players are not meant to be playing for themselves but for their club and us as supporters.

A WIN is a Win and as success starved supporters we grave for a taste of what its like to barrack for a winning side

It is a culture that the MFC players have lacked for many years now .

They need to play their heart out every game, they need to give it their best and if in doing so they loose we may at least be able to accept that.

But that's only if it is their best

Even I knew when I used to play football which is a long long long time ago , you don't kick across the face of goal with a few minutes left to play

Basic football .

I am a great believer in young Viney and that he can really become a integral part of our team.

But when the basics go out the door you have to ask why ?

Why do such basic errors occur.

I liked Roos summary , they need to stand up as a team , no one person is too blame it is the team mentality that is at question

Lets hope that as a team they will step up otherwise it is going to be another long long season!

Would be nice if we could be talking about Petracca in the same breath as Brayshaw as a potential Casey call-up. Hopefully he bounces back but it's a big hit to his development. We'll have to be patient with him just like with Hogan.

I saw us paying $1.14 for vs the Bombers and was half tempted to bet against us, knowing our potential to cave. We are a long way from deserving such short odds against anyone.