Ok, so this is the strongest team I can come up with (I know there will be some argument over Watts)

B Jetta Frost Dunn

HB H.L. T.Mac Howe

C Newton N.Jones Viney

HF Kent Dawes Watts

F JHK Hogan Garlett

Foll. Jamar Vince Tyson

Bench vandenBerg, Salem, Cross, Sub Bail

My problem (and it is a good one to have) is where do we fit in the new potential stars coming up, particularly...

Brayshaw

Petrecca

Stretch.

as well as potentially

O.Mac

Neal-Bullen

Michie

Riley?

Toumpas?

so... who misses out from the team to make room when these kids become superstars???

and what of the rest...

Gawn (If he learns to kick, mark he will be great)

M.Jones (can't tell with this bloke)

Grimes (Past it?)

Garland (Past it?)

Pedersen (had a great 2014, will he have a great 2015?)

Trengove (broken beyond repair?

McKenzie (Get rid of him....)

Spencer (NQR)

Fitzptrick (Hope he can one day be good, but I think I may be kidding myself)

Terlich (Not good enough)

Hunt (not seen enough of him to make a judgement.)

Jamar can't ruck by himself, Gawn or Pedo have to be included.

fair enough...

B Jetta Frost Dunn

HB H.L. T.Mac Howe

C Newton N.Jones Viney

HF Gawn Dawes Watts

F Kent Hogan Garlett

Foll. Jamar Vince Tyson

(JKH misses out I suppose. but could just as easially be kent.)

Edited by red and blue forever

Ok, so this is the strongest team I can come up with (I know there will be some argument over Watts)

B Jetta Frost Dunn

HB H.L. T.Mac Howe

C Newton N.Jones Viney

HF Kent Dawes Watts

F JHK Hogan Garlett

Foll. Jamar Vince Tyson

My problem (and it is a good one to have) is where do we fit in the new potential stars coming up, particularly...

Brayshaw

Petrecca

Stretch.

as well as potentially

O.Mac

Neal-Bullen

Michie

Riley?

Toumpas?

so... who misses out from the team to make room when these kids become superstars???

Who says any of them will become stars, let alone superstars? This is Melbourne we are talking about.

And you named the best 22 when the whole list is healthy. No AFL team ever has a full healthy list.

Who says any of them will become stars, let alone superstars? This is Melbourne we are talking about.

And you named the best 22 when the whole list is healthy. No AFL team ever has a full healthy list.

One can always hope, and I am hopeful especially with braywhaw, petrecca and stretch.

Of course not all the list is healthy all the time, that's not the question, the question is with a healthy list, who misses out to make room for these boys??

I can't seem to make room for them, and if they do become amongst our best players someone must miss out.

A starting 22 is just the start.

With injuries, suspensions and omissions the other 7-8 guys that will play an In and Out role are just as important.

I'd be totally happy to not see Riley, Grimes, Mckenzie, Terlich all season.

Ideally, Petracca, Brayshaw and Stretch to replace Cross, Vandenberg and Bail

Why Vandenberg? Still young and potentially could get about 6 to 8 years service out of him if he continues to develop well.

• Like 2

Why Vandenberg? Still young and potentially could get about 6 to 8 years service out of him if he continues to develop well.

Yeah I really like the look of him but realistically you would take a fully fit Petracca over Vandenberg, no knock on Vanders though!

Yeah I really like the look of him but realistically you would take a fully fit Petracca over Vandenberg, no knock on Vanders though!

realistically that is at the very minimum a year away.

So we are giving Vandenberg the a rse now?

There's little point in writing the obituaries for best 22 players we currently have , all in anticipation of future "superstars" who are yet to play a game at Casey, let alone the senior side.

I know patience is in short supply, but need to dig into the reserves and let things pan out naturally.

• Like 1

Hold your fire on Vandenberg he could be the next Michael Barlow, I know Freo wouldn't be putting him in the gun.

Im just saying, in my opinion, I would take Petracca over Vandenberg. At this stage.

Next year im sure my opinion will change as will all of yours. I will be more than happy to have Vandenberg over guys like Mckenzie, Bail, Terlich

Hold your fire on Vandenberg he could be the next Michael Barlow, I know Freo wouldn't be putting him in the gun.

Yeah I'd take Vandenberg over any draftee in terms of first year impact.

Vandenberg is a big bodied and mature guy, he has played senior football - and can find the pill.

I don't know whether he'll be a Barlow, but I'd back Vandenberg to have more of an impact than any kid straight out of junior football.

Edited by KingDingAling

Jamar can't ruck by himself, Gawn or Pedo have to be included.

I think the second ruck must do something up forward. Gawn has rarely ever done anything up forward and Pedo has done nothing for half a year now. They are very thin in this area I think they have to look outside square for alternatives maybe use Howe in the ruck his leap would make the equivalent height of a ruckman or use Watts, Frost or Dawes.

We should be playing our best 22 not bringing in out of form players just because we have no one to help out Jamar in the ruck for 10 to 20 minutes a game.

I think the second ruck must do something up forward. Gawn has rarely ever done anything up forward and Pedo has done nothing for half a year now. They are very thin in this area I think they have to look outside square for alternatives maybe use Howe in the ruck his leap would make the equivalent height of a ruckman or use Watts, Frost or Dawes.We should be playing our best 22 not bringing in out of form players just because we have no one to help out Jamar in the ruck for 10 to 20 minutes a game.

A player like Howe or Watts can maybe contest the occasional ruck contest but to backup ruck for a 5-10 minute block will cut their careers short, they'll be banging up against blokes much bigger than themselves. Maybe Hogan or Dawes? Dawes has already shown at the Pies he's not a backup ruck & I'd say Hogan is still too young & vital to our forward structure. Maybe Frost? Although it could unsettle the backline at times if he's moved, he might be an option.

I can't see us go into games with only an aging Jamar as a viable ruck, especially given his age & previous injuries. Roos said last year you need a ruck 'division' to spread the burden over the course of a whole year & imo first use of the ball & having a real contest in ruck stoppages is too important to go with what your suggesting, at least until our midfield is dominating & sharking the opposition ruckman with ease, but when was the last time that happened? Further, it appears the club has trained all pre season to have resting rucks up forward, so I doubt they'll just throw that out the window already.

B Jetta Frost Dunn

HB H.L. T.Mac Howe

C Newton N.Jones Viney

HF Kent Dawes Watts

F JHK Hogan Garlett

Foll. Jamar Vince Tyson

Brayshaw

Petrecca

Stretch.

as well as potentially

O.Mac

Neal-Bullen

Michie

Riley?

Toumpas?

and what of the rest...

Gawn (If he learns to kick, mark he will be great)

M.Jones (can't tell with this bloke)

Grimes (Past it?)

Garland (Past it?)

Pedersen (had a great 2014, will he have a great 2015?)

Trengove (broken beyond repair?

McKenzie (Get rid of him....)

Spencer (NQR)

Fitzptrick (Hope he can one day be good, but I think I may be kidding myself)

Terlich (Not good enough)

Hunt (not seen enough of him to make a judgement.)

On what I seen last Thursday with his work rate off the ball, Dean Kent would want to improve. It's one of Roos non-negotiables and Kent does nowhere near enough work to close down and apply forward pressure nor does he run hard with his direct opponent when we don't have the ball.

He has a lot of tools in his Arsenal but having the right attitude and willingness to really bust your gut will be the final determination in whether or not he reaches his full potential and beyond. Otherwise we will be left waiting on his breakout year

• Like 4

On what I seen last Thursday with his work rate off the ball, Dean Kent would want to improve. It's one of Roos non-negotiables and Kent does nowhere near enough work to close down and apply forward pressure nor does he run hard with his direct opponent when we don't have the ball.

He has a lot of tools in his Arsenal but having the right attitude and willingness to really bust your gut will be the final determination in whether or not he reaches his full potential and beyond. Otherwise we will be left waiting on his breakout year

100% correct PSD

B Jetta Frost Dunn

HB H.L. T.Mac Terlich

C Newton N.Jones Viney

HF Kent Dawes Watts

F Howe Hogan Garlett

Foll. Jamar Vince Tyson

Bench VandenBerg, Pederson, Cross, Sub Michie

Terlich and Michie are currently ahead for best 22 may change during the season IMO

Even though many question Terlich disposal his tackling and attack on the ball are better than most

Michie flys under the radar and stats alone do not indicate the pressure he puts on the contest

I love Demonland. Every rookie we pick is a potential superstar before he's even played a game. I wonder why all those professional recruiters couldn't see that when they overlooked his name about four times each during the national draft?

yeah but there was this guy called barlow once upon a time therefore vandenburg is a superstar

just like how this bloke named Hird was drafted at a low pick once upon a time so all of our low picks are superstars too

don't you know the draft is a lottery, having pick 1 is EXACTLY the same as having pick 100, no difference whatsoever

unless of course you are talking about pick 2 and 3 in the recent draft then of course petracca and brayshaw are superstars because you don't get drafted at 2/3 if you are not a superstar

it's not like the draft is some sort of lottery

unless you are talking about the drafts that Morton, Watts and Toumpas were in

those ones were lotteries

:|

I love Demonland. Every rookie we pick is a potential superstar before he's even played a game. I wonder why all those professional recruiters couldn't see that when they overlooked his name about four times each during the national draft?

The professionals rarely get it right .Always more good luck than anything.I just dot think the professionals any any measure when you look at the unmentionable on here fiasco.

yeah but there was this guy called barlow once upon a time therefore vandenburg is a superstar

just like how this bloke named Hird was drafted at a low pick once upon a time so all of our low picks are superstars too

don't you know the draft is a lottery, having pick 1 is EXACTLY the same as having pick 100, no difference whatsoever

unless of course you are talking about pick 2 and 3 in the recent draft then of course petracca and brayshaw are superstars because you don't get drafted at 2/3 if you are not a superstar

it's not like the draft is some sort of lottery

unless you are talking about the drafts that Morton, Watts and Toumpas were in

those ones were lotteries

:|

Please.

• Like 1