WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - SAM FROST

Gipsy Danger

So the saints could've spun Membrey in to a Delisted FA (maybe because Sydney's list was full?) yet we couldn't do the same to Frost and therefore they could've pinched him.

As usual we are the ones getting screwed

All those last place finishes (well 2 of them!) and we couldn't ever get anyone of value in the PSD, except for Jetta, which turned in to it's own disaster.

• Like 1

Should we now show the highlights from the consecutive games where Riewoldt and Josh Kennedy kicked 11 on the giants?

If Frost and McDonald both play well enough to stay in the side next year and establish themselves then get excited. Right now we have 2 baby Zac Dawson's and have to turn them in to consistent players.

Frost did NOT play against Richmond when Riewoldt kicked 11

• Like 4

So the saints could've spun Membrey in to a Delisted FA (maybe because Sydney's list was full?) yet we couldn't do the same to Frost and therefore they could've pinched him.

All those last place finishes (well 2 of them!) and we couldn't ever get anyone of value in the PSD, except for Jetta, which turned in to it's own disaster.

Whats the matter with Jetta?

• Like 1

Don't mind the price we paid for Frost. The thought of a backline consisting of Frost, McDonald, Lever,Dunn, Garland(garland and Dunn have shown in the past they can play either tall or small) and Jetta really appeals to me.

Assuming we use picks 40 and 53, I'm hoping we can get Caleb Daniel at 40 and select the best available mature player who nominates for the draft. Hopefully it's someone who was previously on an AFL list like Mattew Panos- a medium sized forward who has changed his game and become a midfielder- if he's built his tank to an AFL standard he could be handy as a poor man's Petracca.So not counting Frost and Lamumba, who are replacing two complete two complete felchers, we have Garlett, Jetta, Stretch and four draftees coming onto our list and with the PSD and delisted free agents who Roosy may want, their are a minimum of seven players and possibly up to ten, who need to be cut.

Clisby and Nico are already gone, Blease and Strauss are obviously gone also so that leaves three to six more players who need to be cut.

any thoughts on who that three to six players will be?

Edited by flamindees

Jurrah?

Stoked about this guy after watching those highlights. You can see those skills translating. We traded a lotto ticket for a promising, developing player. My immediate reaction was "overs" but the more I reflect, I realise it beats picking a similar player in the draft and waiting to see if he develops. GWS continue to be a post-TAC breeding ground for young talent. Jaksch, Whiley, Frost, Boyd, and that's only this year's crop. Plus they've got 4, 6 and 7 in this year's draft.

• Like 1

Stoked about this guy after watching those highlights. You can see those skills translating. We traded a lotto ticket for a promising, developing player. My immediate reaction was "overs" but the more I reflect, I realise it beats picking a similar player in the draft and waiting to see if he develops. GWS continue to be a post-TAC breeding ground for young talent. Jaksch, Whiley, Frost, Boyd, and that's only this year's crop. Plus they've got 4, 6 and 7 in this year's draft.

Hope picks 4, 6 and 7 enjoy playing in the NEAFL for the next 3 years. :wacko:

• Like 1

And stand on his foot, f%#king hard.....

I'm not bitter at all :)

Okay but like your thinking!

• Like 2

Brother of Jack no relation to David

Gold..:) .( not cold )

If you can't kick yes. But the best players back themselves. Frost and McDonald in the same team will be interesting and we are yet to bring anyone in to fix the kicking woes of our flankers.

Maybe if Lumumba plays well on a wing, Michie/Riley step up and we draft a ready to go midfielder then we can designate Vince and even Salem to half back.

Frost does look a good option for another Roos type defensive first project.

I thought his disposal was reasonable. A key defenders job is primarily stopping the key forward/spoil/out mark. 2nd efforts are encouraged. He looked to take the game on when it permitted. I like the idea of Salem off H/B, was thinking that myself when looking at people's best 22 that were posted today. Not sure where Grimes fits in to the team, for mine Howe should be moved back forward.

We're not getting screwed. Our coaching and recruiting staff identified a player we (really) wanted. We paid what we needed to ensure that we got him.

It's what happens on an open market.

You're all over the board Clit - I'm guessing you're pizzed early tonight!

Wifes out tonight so its one man party time! Only constructive stuff on here though and there is dinner to attend to....... can anyone tell me how long the water takes to boil?

I thought his disposal was reasonable. A key defenders job is primarily stopping the key forward/spoil/out mark. 2nd efforts are encouraged. He looked to take the game on when it permitted. I like the idea of Salem off H/B, was thinking that myself when looking at people's best 22 that were posted today. Not sure where Grimes fits in to the team, for mine Howe should be moved back forward.

Yes but if you are always going backwards or sideways unless miles clear you'll miss attacking opportunities. It's why I don't get so upset about Tom Mcdonald when he takes the game on with his run and turns it over after making a decisive option because he'll never improve if he plays within himself. Grimes is overly conservative then still turns it over, the worst of both worlds.

• Like 3