Potential Trades [Warning: Reading this thread may self-destruct]

Dr evil

Have to agree. What a bloody let down this whole trade period has been!

Last years trade period 2 steps forward, this year one step back. Extremely deflating.

• Like 3

So we try to accommodate MC by sending him where he wants to go when we should have just sent him where we would get the best deal.. To top it off we try to get ruthless by trying to trade a loyal guy against his wishes and it blows up in our face spectacularly.

FAIL FAIL FAIL.

• Like 2

Is it a concern that the Cats are now looking at Rhys Stanley as a forward option? Are they starting to worry that the MC deal might not happen? Reports suggesting [censored] Colonwood are mucking around with the deal. We cough up MC, and they want more than Varcoe for HL? WTF?

Varcoe dragging his feet about going to Pies. Complicates 3-way Mitch/HL deal.

Not good options for us if Mitch to Geelong deal falls thru. Guess we just trade him to Coll for HL regardless of what MC wants...we tried!

Have to agree. What a bloody let down this whole trade period has been!

Last years trade period 2 steps forward, this year one step back. Extremely deflating.

It's not over yet..

Varcoe dragging his feet about going to Pies. Complicates 3-way Mitch/HL deal.

Not good options for us if Mitch to Geelong deal falls thru. Guess we just trade him to Coll for HL regardless of what MC wants...we tried!

It doesn't have to be 3 way, lets put it this way. If you were the Cats would you rather Stanley or Clark, maybe it could be Stanley Clark if you wanted a bass player...pick 21 for Clark.

• Like 1

It doesn't have to be 3 way, lets put it this way. If you were the Cats would you rather Stanley or Clark, maybe it could be Stanley Clark if you wanted a bass player...pick 21 for Clark.

Happy to accept 21 for Clark and the on-trade 23 to the Pies for HL!

For the position this club is in, not one draftee is a better prospect than an established 22-26 year old midfielder.

We will only ever tread water at the bottom until we make drastic list changes that send us up the ladder with senior players. Getting a bunch of promising 18 year olds that may or may not become elite does not help our current situation. More senior players will leave the club next year if we finish at the bottom again.

The developments in player movement this year send a shiver down my spine, because the best players will simply leave our club at the first opportunity if we're permanent cellar dwellers.

I know getting 2 more Tyson/Salem-esque deals with both picks 2 and 3 was only a pipe dream this year, but the players we take with those picks would want to be rated leagues beyond picks 5+ for us to take that path.

You only named one semi established mid in Greenwood who has trouble with his disposal. Do we need to pay overs for a nqr mid, leave it to Buckley.

I would rather take some kids who will be guns as 2nd best option if we don't get one or two A graders. I don't want anymore VFL players, we have enough already, trouble is a lot of them are playing AFL for us.

Really? I solidly disagree, but then again, from a position of ignorance, I may have said the same.

What's the point if one of those players isn't able to take the field in a year's time?

Or younger players go off the rails as a result of their influence?

Surely that has to matter more than just their onfield ability.

Not that I know anything about beams, but Christensen is a good kid who typical of a early 20s adult making more money than he can spend. If ox turned it around so well with his gambling issue, I'd hope that he could too. At least he has sought help, however costly it has been.

Probably the best offer during the trade period so far. :blink:

I would take pick 21 for Clark and then offer our pick 23 for Pies' pick 30 or whatever, for HL. If they don't like it keep him. They want to get rid of him and clear salary cap space. Deal with them like they deal with us, or he can stay Buckley's mate.

Agree it doesn't have to be 3 way deal. However, Cats offered pick 21 for Stanley so that is gone. Their next pick is 30+++. If Varcoe refuses to go to Pies it gets complicated. Do we:

- accept Geelongs pick 30+++,

- give pies our pick 23 for HL and delist MItch (for zip)

- trade Mitch to Coll for HL

- dont take HL and delist Micht (for zip)

This actually puts us right back at where we were 2 weeks ago. As I said no good options for us if Varcoe doesn't go to Pies so as per earlier post I would trade Mitch to coll for HL...we tried

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

Silly season, Silly suggestions!

Pick 2, Watts or Toumpas too Adelaide for Sloane, Walker

Pick 3, Toumpas too Port Adelaide for Wines & O'Shea

Pick 3, 23, Grimes too Giants for Shiel, Frost & Pick 7

Pick 23 & Grimes too Richmond for Pick 12

Pick 3 & 23 for Swallow & Pick 29

Agree it doesn't have to be 3 way deal. However, Cats offered pick 21 for Stanley so that is gone. Their next pick is 30+++. If Varcoe refuses to go to Pies it gets complicated. Do we:

- accept Geelongs pick 30+++,

- give pies our pick 23 for HL and delist MItch (for zip)

- trade Mitch to Coll for HL

- dont take HL and delist Micht (for zip)

This actually puts us right back at where we were 2 weeks ago. As I said no good options for us if Varcoe doesn't go to Pies so as per earlier post I would trade Mitch to coll for HL...we tried

Then we can take their first round pick if it's gone. Has it really been offered for Stanley?? the guy can't play, reminds me of 'Pickett's' mate.

Mahoney just reaffirmed that we "Want to keep pick 2 and 3" for the draft. I'm on my phone, but it's at the bottom of the latest Trengove article

MFCSS is setting in, and I'm back to being depressed. Picks 2&3 wont help us out next year. Adding HL and Garlett to a 4 win side won't do all that much either.

In reality, we've lost our best forward and our best defender, in addition to possibly losing trengove for another year, or even more. Can't see the positives right at the minute

Then we can take their first round pick if it's gone. Has it really been offered for Stanley?? the guy can't play, reminds me of 'Pickett's' mate.

Yes, they have offered pick 21 for Stanley!!

No way will they give us their 1st round especially if Stanley is on their radar. Perhaps Geelong has word that Varcoe is hesitating so can't be bothered trying to make the Mitch deal work and Stanley is a better risk/reward bet. Be prepared to be 'stuck' with Mitch.

Maybe we should have played harder, earlier but we now seem to have got ourselves piggy backing on other trades and losing control of the Mitch/HL/Frost trades.

Motto: never, ever trade with Collingwood...if they had accepted Geelongs 2nd round 30+++ pick (for HL) in the first place the deal would have been done on day !

• Like 2

This situation with Colonwood makes me sick. I'm absolutely convinced they're doing this to sabotage everyone else's strategy.

"Everyone's waiting to hear back from Collingwood", just on SEN.

As long as they've got whoever they wanted to trade in, the rest of the trade period has zero impact on them, so they could care less if everyone else gets screwed over.

NEVER, EVER deal with these f***wits again.

Edited by Lamashtu
  • Like 2