Patrick Dangerfield

Demonsterative

For Christmas sake boys It aint gunna happen, get over it, Dangerfield will not be coming to Melbourne!! You guys are in "Fantasy" Land!

Stop torturing yourselves!!

Whilst I do not really believe we will get Danger, I don't know why you care so much, if you don't wont to see people enjoying the idea (how ever small) of one of the games best players coming to Melbourne, then simply don't click on the post.

• Like 11

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-22/door-ajar-for-paddy-trade

It's up to the club: Dangerfield weighs in on possible trade

UPDATE: Patrick Dangerfield says his future is in the hands of the Crows.

"It's all speculation. Anything can be written but at the end of the day, what's said and done behind closed doors is a different thing," Dangerfield told AFL.com.au.

"It's up to (list manager) David Noble and the rest of the recruiting staff (whether I'm traded)."

Geez, that's one hell of a softening of comments since last Thursday, with all these rumours about action intensifying behind closed doors.

Edited by Lamashtu
  • Like 2

I hope it's that we land Tex. I think I'd rather him than Danger.

IMO we actually didn't do too bad in the guts this year (barring shocking disposals off our half back line), but we had no one to kick it to.

I agree with you wormburner, I think Tex will be more longterm robust... than Danger.

the mids I want are still about 22yrs of age. gimme a Shiel, & a Swallow {P-2 & 22 to the Suns, for P-8, Swallow & they're 2nd Rndr}

P-3 & Gawn + our 4th Rnd pick, to the Giants, for Shiel, Jaksch & Frost.

Edited by dee-luded

With all the player movement distortions, happy to begin playing in the big boys league. National draft is devalued and generally takes a while to bear fruit anyhow. We may also need to consider St Kilda in the equation?

IT AINT HAPPENING, may as well go start a thread about Ablett, Franklin and David Schwartz while we are at it as there is as much chance of this happening as any of thr above.

Maybe you and picket should start a thread called "we are not ever get Dangerfield so stop posting" and enjoy yourselves over there.

• Like 9

For Christmas sake boys It aint gunna happen, get over it, Dangerfield will not be coming to Melbourne!! You guys are in "Fantasy" Land!

Stop torturing yourselves!!

Yet you keep reading and posting in this thread.

• Like 11

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-22/door-ajar-for-paddy-trade

Geez, that's one hell of a softening of comments since last Thursday, with all these rumours about action intensifying behind closed doors.

Translation:The Dees could give me 750 to 900 a year and the crows are shuffling the deck to see if they can BEAT it,not match it.

It is absolutely ridiculous to say that Roos is only concerned about things that will affect the club while he is coach. Roos was brought in to drive culture change and build an environment capable of producing sustained success. That's the whole premise of the succession plan - and Roos was never going to be around for said success. Paying overs for a superstar simply to make himself look better is the antithesis of everything Paul Roos stands for.

I'm sure in his own mind, and to others, he can dress it up as a culture-changing move by

a) getting some professional, senior, leadership quality at the club to contribute to the development of the kids

b) wins = bums on seats, momentum, belief

which is totally legitimate mind you

he is not a Saint - you really think Roos won't do anything to avoid staying in the bottom 2 for the next 2 years?

Demonlanders are getting too precious about these top picks. It's one of the reasons I never got attached to any of this year's U18's crop. I thought there was a good chance we'd be trading whatever top picks we received. I would if I was on the MFC recruiting team and I have an idea Roos would too.

as I have pointed out a number of times, Roos got 3 players imported last year and they all finished top5 in the BnF. My feeling is that he rates that a better strategy for our club then building through the draft

• Like 6

as I have pointed out a number of times, Roos got 3 players imported last year and they all finished top5 in the BnF. My feeling is that he rates that a better strategy for our club then building through the draft

A fine point, well made.

IT AINT HAPPENING, may as well go start a thread about Ablett, Franklin and David Schwartz while we are at it as there is as much chance of this happening as any of thr above.

So you're saying we shouldn't start a petition to put him on the Demonland banner yet?

Buzzkill.

Edited by Guest

You must be crazy

I don't need to list all the top 5 picks we have completely wasted in the last decade do I? Not one of them has gotten close to Dangerfield.

For a proven star of the comp, you bet it is worth it

no way 2 & 3, for one player. No way, for one pair of knees.

we aren't going to use our picks in the draft.

we will trade the 2 picks, to eventually get us about 4 players, +...

if it gets Frawley off it, count me in.

That said Danger would command a salary of approx 1.3m to 1.5m a year.

Bulldust.Nobody has that space.

With Chip and MC Hammer gone we have probably 850 max over 5 .

Franklin gets the most with 1.1 so you are obviously wrong

thats a team that will be in the finals every year and possible premiers this year.

We dont have the offer of success to go with the coin in the lure.

If we offer 850 whats stopping Geelong or the Hawks offering the same for his signature?

850 a season will have him laughing at us. 1.3-1.5m per season will be needed for Patty.

The deal MFC put forward would put Dangerfield in the top 3 payed players. I don't really keep up to date with player payments so someone more knowledgable than myself may be able to estimate the amount.

Franklin gets the most with 1.1 so you are obviously wrong

And that is a freak deal.

The next freakiest is Scully.

Those deals will slow and stop.

The player payments will level out to under a mill.

Even for Marquis players.