Post Match Discussion

Demonland

Love it. Maybe the club can come out with a 'lurker's membership pass', where you are allowed to go as far as the inside race of the G and peep through the gate :)

Respect

I have been lucky in that I have been in the rooms at MFC. I can say that the players feel everything supporters do when they lose. And they have been out there playing and getting crunched. Me I get hot dogs.

If a song were to sum up the end of an MFC season it would be this.

Long, drawn out and melancholy.

Lost in a Roman Wilderness of Pain

All the Children are insane

Waiting for the summer rain

• Like 3

Is it just me, or does anyone else really, really, REALLY want to punch Ben Brown in the face?

I know what you mean Lamashtu, but I'd prefer to give it to Brad Scott.

• Like 1

Well, it could've been worse. We got to see some decent play here and there. Dawes got himself suspended which is nice. Shows a little intent. Watts would be fine if he had a force field so nobody could touch him. He never has a problem as long as they don't put their hands on him. Kent played his best quarter ever. McDonald kicked his first two goals in the AFL. We may have topped our "worst pass for the year" board.

As I say, could've been worse.

Why did Barry replace young Salem ?

Salem had been feeling a bit 'off' and was ill during the warm up.

Thank the Creator of the Solar System this Painful year is over.

Please get some players who are mentally ready for 23 weeks next year. Not 10-12.

Feel numb. But glad its over.

Whats that 13 straight losses to Nought??

Mitchie and Kent were good tonight.

Liked the way Kent looked for an option in the f50 instead of blazing away.

Liked the way Kent looked for an option in the f50 instead of blazing away.

Said it twice cause he did it twice in the last qrt and congrats Macca for kicking your first two goals.

• Like 6

So, looking forward...

Next year we may well see the debut of a hard-at-it young mid by the name of Harmes, and possibly even a lightning quick winger called Hunt. Both have shown god signs playing for Casey and with the benefit of a full pre-season and a few more kilo's of muscle should be ready to show their stuff.

We should also see the debut of an highly anticipated Hulk in round 1.

Coupled with this, there is every chance that we'll be seeing the return of a few quality ball-users who have had injury issues his year, so with luck the delivery to Hogan will be better than the crud we saw this year.

There will be a number of new faces around the club, hopefully a couple of experienced playmakers to balance the inside mids we seem to have stockpiled.

With a bit of luck Salem will have the legs to impact games and JKH will improve on a stellar first season.

Let's hope that next year things start to turn a bit more in our favour.

• Like 8

So, looking forward...

Next year we may well see the debut of a hard-at-it young mid by the name of Harmes, and possibly even a lightning quick winger called Hunt. Both have shown god signs playing for Casey and with the benefit of a full pre-season and a few more kilo's of muscle should be ready to show their stuff.

We should also see the debut of an highly anticipated Hulk in round 1.

Coupled with this, there is every chance that we'll be seeing the return of a few quality ball-users who have had injury issues his year, so with luck the delivery to Hogan will be better than the crud we saw this year.

There will be a number of new faces around the club, hopefully a couple of experienced playmakers to balance the inside mids we seem to have stockpiled.

With a bit of luck Salem will have the legs to impact games and JKH will improve on a stellar first season.

Let's hope that next year things start to turn a bit more in our favour.

Too soon Ralph we r still wallowing in this enjoyable season which has just ended.

No need for any positives for next season thanks!

i was told we would have a brand of footy to identify with, Roos lied, he failed as a coach terribly, what he allowed to happen will prove to be much more damaging than our tanking dramas, to allow Frawley & Watts to play out the season with that i don't give a sh!t attitude just so they can hold there value has damaged our brand even further & will set us back for years to come, luckily they will never wear our colours again but i have lost a lot of respect for Roos, Shame.

• Like 1

I have been lucky in that I have been in the rooms at MFC. I can say that the players feel everything supporters do when they lose. And they have been out there playing and getting crunched. Me I get hot dogs.

all but 2 senior players

Thought we played ok too....we just need to clean up those turnovers from skill errors.

Loved Jetta and Fitzys game.

Shame we are going to start next season without Dawes, but Hogan and Fitzy in the forward line will do nicely.....and maybe Mitch Clark by some miracle.

Add another three or four better skilled recruits ala, Vince, Tyson and Cross, and give Viney,Michie, Kent , Toumpas, Salem and JKh another preseason, and we should improve more next year.