Nev Jetta's family racially abused at Bulldogs game...

hardtack

it's certainly around od.......but as far as indigenous folk go it's certainly not as bad as it was, nor is it getting worse (imo)

i agree that racism and humans goes hand-in-hand

I think the difference now dc is that it is not as overt as it once was sadly I will stay with my opinion that racial discrimination is getting worse.

it's certainly around od.......but as far as indigenous folk go it's certainly not as bad as it was, nor is it getting worse (imo)

i agree that racism and humans goes hand-in-hand

Sorry bloke, if you are actually talking about the Stolen Generation etc, yes it is not as bad as that, but try having a chat to some indigenous folk, their answers may surprise you

Sorry bloke, if you are actually talking about the Stolen Generation etc, yes it is not as bad as that, but try having a chat to some indigenous folk, their answers may surprise you

like i said it is definitely around

but i go back a fair while and at least imo it was much much worse in the past (stolen generation aside)

this is not in any way to suggest that things aren't bad now

edit: spulling

Edited by daisycutter

Nasher I am surprised you are surprised!

You need to get out more or leave the gentle side of life occasionally.

Excuse me? I didn't say it surprises me, I said it angers me. I don't appreciate being told I need to get out more. How would you know?

The moment he was identified he should've been taken to an interview room. Either a bad procedural breakdown or the wrong procedure.

Lifetime bans for these idiots. Nothing less.

i find it strange that security guards were all over melbourne supporters a few years go holding anti tom scully signs and money bags but could not take some one away for making rascist remarks. There priorities are .....
  • Like 2

I beg your pardon.

I am sure after interviewing someone it would be easy to find out the team they support.

Back to Clown School Boss

Sorry Wyl he is right, speaking from years of experience interviewing people, especially the type of person who would stoop to this level will not be to forthcoming and the team being deducted the points would want to presented with a fairly decent brief of evidence to cop the penalty.

Whilst in theory your idea puts the onus on the clubs, to many issues would arise.

Name shame is another consideration, however you then have the problem of the young girl in the Goodes matter who is really to young to be understand the seriousness of what she is doing and naming and shaming her does nothing.

Big issue with no easy solution

Edited by Pennant St Dee

Excuse me? I didn't say it surprises me, I said it angers me. I don't appreciate being told I need to get out more. How would you know?

Ok I appreciate your sensitivity

Correct you did not say surprised.

Can I say I am surprised you are so angry?

Sorry if I upset you Nasher.

Sorry Wyl he is right, speaking from years of experience interviewing people, especially the type of person who would stoop to this level will not be to forthcoming and the team being deducted the points would want to presented with a fairly decent brief of evidence to cop the penalty.

Whilst in theory your idea puts the onus on the clubs, to many issues would arise.

Name shame is another consideration, however you then have the problem of the young girl in the Goodes matter who is really to young to be understand the seriousness of what she is doing and naming and shaming her does nothing.

Big issue with no easy solution

That may be the wisest thing said on this thread so far PSD

Cultural change takes time. Behaviour associated with drink driving, sexist behaviour and smoking in public places have all taken a long time to improve. Unfortunately defeating racism is another long haul. But it has to be done and Peter Gordon and the Bulldogs are to be commended for their prompt and firm approach in this matter.

On the train home from the game Saturday, very crowded and I was standing in the aisle. SE Asian mum and two little boys sitting down. She motions to one kid to give his seat to a bloke standing there and as he does, the bloke calls him a little (illegitimate) and then asks his little brother "What jungle were you born in?". I said "Did I hear you right?" and was about to give him one of the remaining fragments of my mind, but he wouldn't meet my gaze and when I looked I saw that he was a hunched, miserable looking bloke with all the signs of a pretty hard life. I let it be.

Edit: illiteracy

Edited by Elusive Tunbridge
  • Like 1

Typical conspiracy theory born out of MFCSS but I really hope this wasn't the reason Nev was a late out on Saturday.

Good on the bulldogs and shame they didn't catch the guy so he could be educated and rehabilitated.