Nathan Jones needs to lose 5kg!

Guest wheres_jacka

Guest wheres_jacka

He will be a superstar but he has the body shape that will not only put weight on easy but also at a young age. I reckon he needs to trim down now in an effort to continue his rise to a full time professional gun. I hope he does because I really rate him and he is a very smart player.

No more bacon and eggs my man.

He will be a superstar but he has the body shape that will not only put weight on easy but also at a young age. I reckon he needs to trim down now in an effort to continue his rise to a full time professional gun. I hope he does because I really rate him and he is a very smart player.

I need to lose 12.

I like the Fact that he is a big solid unit-we need that, it what we have lacked.

:angry: :angry:

AGREED.

:angry: :angry:

keep in mind muscle weighs more than fat..the stonger he gets ..he'll actually put ON a few Kgs !!..

dont sweat it...he's fine.coming along nicely..

i wouldnt be worrying about this one, his strength is his endurance and engine so doesnt need to lose any weight to improve this. more weight through the hips just makes it easier for him to break tackles and shake players off. although if he were to lose a few kg's perhaps he could give them to danny hughes; this kid might go alright if someone actually fed this fella!!!

Nah! He's not that big (I've stood next to him). The lack of hair makes him look heavy. He is just well muscled. If he loses that he will be pushed off the ball.

yer worst post ever

2005 NAB AFL DRAFT CAMP - RESULTS

3km time-trial

Tom Rischbieth (Sturt) - 9:30

Daniel Dzufer (Suncoast Lions) - 10:06

Wayde Mills (Southport) - 10:12

Robert Eddy (Gippsland Power) - 10:19

Matthew Thomas (Sandringham) - 10:22

Nathan Jones (Dandenong) - 10:31

Travis Casserley (Swan Districts) - 10:22

Ryan Jackson (Northern Knights) - 10:34

Haydyn Kiel (Southport) - 10:41

Sam Iles (Clarence) - 10:42

I reckon he needs to trim down now in an effort to continue his rise to a full time professional gun.

He really doesn't, sorry!!!

This kid (even though he is older than me) is an absolute gun he can break tackles is composed under pressure is a good kick and can take a mark

What more do u want!!

I heard somewhere that the players pay him out for being a bit chubby, but then Brock got a hard time for the same thing at the start of his second season.

I think weight's a factor if you're the wrong side of 28, like Stuart Dew, or Byron. Jones has 10 years before we need to be concerned.

On the plus side, the ONLY thing he needs to develop body-wise is his endurance. He's not in the mould of, say, CJ who has needed to bulk up AND improve endurance.

If you're going to post things to be worried about when considering the tendencies of individual demon-listed players, Jones's weight would be about the 296th thing I'd be worried about.

Guest wheres_jacka

The funny thing is that you guys are all so defensive. I rate him very highly and think he is great.

Little did you guys know that this (lose weight) is exactly what the clubs conditioning staff also thought and he has been encouraged to trim down.

Relax!

The funny thing is that you guys are all so defensive. I rate him very highly and think he is great.

Little did you guys know that this (lose weight) is exactly what the clubs conditioning staff also thought and he has been encouraged to trim down.

Relax!

yeh jonesy im sure has been told to trim down but i guess it was a little bit of an adavantage in his first year but definetly for future sakes he should

Guest dee'viator

keep in mind muscle weighs more than fat..the stonger he gets ..he'll actually put ON a few Kgs !!..

dont sweat it...he's fine.coming along nicely..

Precisely BB59, I would have thought without knowing his weight by just by lookin' at him that he probably could do with putting on a couple of kilo's of muscle, he's still just a kid. He's never gonna be a speed machine so he'll need a lot of strength & also endurance, ah-la the diesel Williams. ;)

Precisely BB59, I would have thought without knowing his weight by just by lookin' at him that he probably could do with putting on a couple of kilo's of muscle, he's still just a kid. He's never gonna be a speed machine so he'll need a lot of strength & also endurance, ah-la the diesel Williams. ;)

He only needs to tone down a bit of that puppy fat and further strengthen the muscle he already has in the same way Brock did, then he will be an absolute machine.

I think Moloney and Bate to a lesser extent needs to do the same.

Then we will have 5 bull tearing machines in Bate, Brock, Jonesy, Col and Moloney raring to bust some heads and split some pack.

I'm excited!

Don't worry. With the pre-season is set to give (as he said after the loss to freo) it's going to be fitness!

The guys who need to tone down will and all our players, particularly the young guys will all benefit big time!

I predict that Brock will come out of it even more toned than what he already is and if Read is to stay, he'll go into the season with a 12 pack :P

I don't recall people saying that Brock needed to trim down by 5.....

People didn't. Brock himself did. He went on holiday with Col after his first season, and after partying a little bit too hard, he came back heavier than he thought he would be. When conparing him to Jones all I said was that I heard Jones's team-mates paid him out for being chunky, not the general public.