Players to target at the end of the year

What do people think about Daniel Gorringe? (Pick 10 in the 2011 draft, 22yrs, 200cm, 96 kg, 20 games)

I don't profess to be a talent scout but in the games I have seen him play he appeared quite dangerous in a ruck/forward role and may be a suitable replacement for Clark.

Others here may have more knowledge about him and the Suns that could perhaps enlighten us, but to me (on the surface at least) he appears to be behind other talls such as Smith, Dixon, Day, Lynch and Nicholls. I do understand he has had a few injury concerns as well (ankle?). Believe he is contracted for next year but a lure of constant game time might convince him to seek a trade. Second round pick perhaps?

Now we are passing the hat around. I'm embarrassed. As a football club we are absolute sh it. We cannot sink any lower. No passion no pride.

[censored] Riot could play 1/2 time entertainment to fire the Black Russian up

Sir Paul Roos offseason -

Pick 2, 3, 21, 39, 57, 72, 90

Trade Jack Watts and pick 21 to the bulldogs for pick 6

Trade Jack Grimes & Jack Fitzpatrick to Richmond for pick 11

Trade Pick 6 to Sydney Swans for Tom Mitchell and Nick Malceski

2- Draft Christian Petracca

3- trade to Gold Coast Suns for picks 9, 15

9- Draft Paul Ahern

11- Draft Liam Duggan

15- Draft Tom Lamb

39- Draft Billy Stretch

57 - Draft Oscar Mcdonald

72 - Upgrade Alex Georgiou

Delisted Free agents: Ryan O'keefe

Out: Fitzpatrick, Watts, Grimes, Tapscott, Strauss, Clisby, Byrnes, Clark, Frawley, Blease, Nicholson

In: Mitchell, Malceski, Petracca, Ahern, Duggan, Lamb, Stretch, McDonald, Georgiou, O'keefe

Pretty decent upgrade and talent injection without priority pick

• Like 4

Wouldnt do that

Keep pick 3 and take Angus Brayshaw

I see this as a real possible and dont mind it. Would rely on GC being keen on somebody early.

If melb take Pentracca at 2 and are not keen on either one of the talls or Brayshaw we could end up with another 2 for 1 deal. Players like Ahern, Goodard, Picket, Garlett, De Goey, duggan would be available at 9 & 15.

Comes down to if you think Patracca and Brayshaw is better than Patracca, Ahern and De Goey.

Edited by Grimes Times

9- Draft Paul Ahern

11- Draft Liam Duggan

15- Draft Tom Lamb

39- Draft Billy Stretch

Out: Fitzpatrick, Watts, Grimes, Tapscott, Strauss, Clisby, Byrnes, Clark, Frawley, Blease, Nicholson

In: Mitchell, Malceski, Petracca, Ahern, Duggan, Lamb, Stretch, McDonald, Georgiou, O'keefe

Gee the dogs and tigers would have to be hard up to entertain any of that.

Personally think that Laverde is the classy skilled player Roos is looking for in the draft.

i rate him in the top 5.

I've said this before but he could be the absolute star of this draft or just an ordinary footballer. Is he Fyfe or Murdoch (Geelong version) I trust our recruiters will know which one because it's up to us in the end.

I've said this before but he could be the absolute star of this draft or just an ordinary footballer. Is he Fyfe or Murdoch (Geelong version) I trust our recruiters will know which one because it's up to us in the end.

Rjay you are trusting our recruiters to know! Big call. I hope you are right and they do for once in the last 7 years, the jury still out on last years trades by the way.

Rjay you are trusting our recruiters to know! Big call. I hope you are right and they do for once in the last 7 years, the jury still out on last years trades by the way.

Not the trade for Tyson I would think, that stands alone as a good pick to me. Salem should come on ok, but yep the jury is out on all of our draft selections from last year. Non of them has taken the world by storm as of yet.

By the way I didn't say I trust our recruiters to know, it was a figure of speech I trust our recruiters will know. I think the jury is still out on Viney & Taylor and if Viney was so hot for Wines over Toumpas he should have threatened to walk like Bucky did with the Hawks over Buddy.

Edited by rjay

9- Draft Paul Ahern

11- Draft Liam Duggan

15- Draft Tom Lamb

39- Draft Billy Stretch

No way Dogs or Tigers would do these trades

Gee the dogs and tigers would have to be hard up to entertain any of that.

Richmond would love that deal, they are always paying overs for average players

Tyson Goldsack would be a great get for the MFC...

I think he's a free agent although we'd want to trade for him...probably somewhere around a 2nd round pick is fair.

No...Collingwood would jump at a 2nd round pick. Way overs.

I love the way he goes about his football but he is purely a grunt man, we need to add some real hard edged class.

• Like 2

he's a free agent - he can walk.

i think we should be trying to do a deal for one of north's swathe of similar midfielders - cunnington, gibson, bastinac, ziebell can't all play in the same side as swallow.

gibson is the one i would like the most, but any of them would add to our midfield. doubt a pick around 20 would do the job, and a top 3 pick is overs for any of those players, so it'd be a tough deal to get done.

• Like 1

Would love one of Cunnington, Ziebell, Bastinac but doubt North would let one go. Saying that, if they wanted Brayshaw or a forward like Wright who can develop under their bigs already for a few years or if they are lucky he might be able to be plonked in goal square from the get go. Might be worth it.

On our side i have no problem paying pick 3 for one of those players. Pick 2 and 21 for one of those players plus 14 think is fair for both teams, similar to Tysons deal. By the way this is after making sure they do not take the player we like best in Brayshaw or Petracca.

Out: Pick 2,3,21

In: Petracca, Ziebell, and 14(would be brilliant if Pickett was available here but again doubtful)

I would be happy!!