Demons season opener v Saints

dee-luded

lenny 'destroyer of demons' hayes has been charged with a level 3 striking offence.

he takes the early plea he gets a week, meaning he also will not face us.

No Hayes (if he cops the week), Montagna, Steven, Gilbert, plus the departures of Dal Santo and Ben McAvoy.

Almost getting to the point where a loss of any magnitude would be considered a disappointment.

mav weller also facing a week off.

now all we need is a minor knee knock to riewoldt and they're missing almost every one of our regular tormentors, aren't they?

hayes, montagna, gilbert all out, not to mention milne, goddard, and kosi.

Last year we would have found a way to get them across the line.

But not this year unless I am sadly mistaken.

God we had better win or it will look horrible.

• Like 1

now all we need is a minor knee knock to riewoldt and they're missing almost every one of our regular tormentors, aren't they?

Last year we would have found a way to get them across the line.

But not this year unless I am sadly mistaken.

God we had better win or it will look horrible.

• Like 2

Round 1 is our game to lose in my opinion, really hope Richardson can coach or it's going to be a massive struggle for the Saints to win more than a handful of games.

Don't try and compare Viney with Watts and Michie. They play totally different roles. Watts outside Mid, Michie HFF, Viney in and under mid.

Nate Jones, Dom Tyson are the form players of in and under and at stoppages.

Viney is a long way from them AT THIS STAGE. (Round 1)

And around we go again...

I'm happy that the Saints won't be full strength but I do want Riewoldt to play. McDonald is one of the few blokes in the AFL who can match him stride for stride. Tom has frustrated Nick in the past and I want the pleasure of seeing both a Melbourne win and for that sookie, dropped shoulders, I've been hard done by umpire Riewoldt gene to be on full display

Who knows, perhaps after the last 7 years of layered misfortune, recurring disasters and constant darkness the sun will appear.

I can't jinx us anymore that we are already so I predict we will be top of the ladder after round 1.

• Like 3

Round 1 is our game to lose in my opinion, really hope Richardson can coach or it's going to be a massive struggle for the Saints to win more than a handful of games.

+1

All of my fathers side of our family are big on the Saints (they are quiet supporters who appreciate the game, not maniacs in any way) so I have a soft spot for them and hope they are at least competitive at least this year.

I wouldn't wish any supporter to have to go the continued heart break what we have had to over the last few years.

Unless they support Collingwood, Carlton or Essendon. They can get stuffed

• Like 5

+1

All of my fathers side of our family are big on the Saints (they are quiet supporters who appreciate the game, not maniacs in any way) so I have a soft spot for them and hope they are at least competitive at least this year.

I wouldn't wish any supporter to have to go the continued heart break what we have had to over the last few years.

Unless they support Collingwood, Carlton or Essendon. They can get stuffed

I get what your saying but surely we can make some exceptions (Essendon and Collingwood fans?)

al1dva.png

Take a seat Joffa!

Edited by Young Dee
  • Like 2

I get what your saying but surely we can make some exceptions (Essendon and Collingwood fans?)

al1dva.png

Take a seat Joffa!

Gotta be the biggest [censored] on the planet, surely?

Round 1 arrox odds from TAB:

St Kilda 2.05

Melbourne 1.70

When was the last time we went into a game favourites against a non franchise team?

Maybe round 1 last year against Port? (.....but we're better this year!)

Lastly we can't discount Clisby or Strauss with a good performance down back.

Is just me or does Georgiou already look more at home in defence than Strauss ever has.

• Like 5

Is just me or does Georgiou already look more at home in defence than Strauss ever has.

Geez he guards the drop of the ball well, i reckon that's why he can play much taller than the 187 he is.

• Like 2

Georgiou IS a footy player...Strauss etc are trying to establish themselves still

His picking has Roos written all over it. Be interesting to see who else we get over next couple of years. No rush...just curious :)

Lets just say there are a handful currently on the list who probably would nt be had Roos been on the selection team :rolleyes:

Viney is hungry and ready for AFL now I'd hate to be the one who told him he would be developing at casey

What recruit isn't. Even a veteran like Cross will be champing at the bit..

• Like 1

Saints look like being without Lenny Hayes and Maverick Weller who were both handed one match suspensions today.

Funny thing is that I was talking to a Saints fan on Saturday morning and he told me that his team would be without its best player for their game against Melbourne, meaning Jack Steven.

I told him that he was wrong and that IMO Lenny Hayes is their best player.

Anyway, he turned out to be right. They will be without their best player.

• Like 3

Georgiou IS a footy player...Strauss etc are trying to establish themselves still

His picking has Roos written all over it. Be interesting to see who else we get over next couple of years. No rush...just curious :)

Lets just say there are a handful currently on the list who probably would nt be had Roos been on the selection team :rolleyes:

I reckon Luke Shuey will get a huge offer from us at the end of 2015.

There will literally not be a perfect storm like this again. We are being handed a first round victory on a silver platter here and I won't be the only devastated supporter if we don't win. They're a rabble, they're missing their best players, they've had awful form thus far, and their coach has never coached a game of AFL before.

• Like 6