Dumping on the Dees

bush demon

OK time to say a few things about CW. I wanted to say this about 12-15 months ago but it all got a bit heated around here for good reason.

My first problem is Who does CW work for? The AFL or the Clubs or both?

With the MFC she went the club when i believe she should have gone the AFL as it was them who had the rules of the day in place.

Why she went so hard at the MFC and not at least 6 other clubs i shall never understand or respect.

I am not condoning what the previous regime did at all, but it was within the rules of the day.

It became a huge story because she pushed it. Wouldshe have done so if personal vendettas were not involved?

Maybe but i doubt it.

There have been times when Patrick Smith has attacked the MFC but with good reason. During the "Tanking" Saga he was far more balanced as he gave the AFL a hard time as well.

It is a shame Smith is not rhe Chief Football writer of the code rather than Wilson imo

Edited by why you little
  • Like 4

CW's focus has always been a bit more about certain individuals more so than even a 'club'

CW's focus has always been a bit more about certain individuals more so than even a 'club'

Exactly. She should have focused more on the Rule that was in place. It was exploited for 10 years FFS.

It should have been stopped after The Filth did their "Quick Plummet"

OK time to say a few things about CW. I wanted to say this about 12-15 months ago but it all got a bit heated around here for good reason.

With the MFC she went the club when i believe she should have gone the AFL as it was them who had the rules of the day in place.

Why she went so hard at the MFC and not at least 6 other clubs i shall never understand or respect.

I am not condoning what the previous regime did at all, but it was within the rules of the day.

It became a huge story because she pushed it. Wouldshe have done so if personal vendettas were not involved?

Maybe but i doubt it.

There have been times when Patrick Smith has attacked the MFC but with good reason. During the "Tanking" Saga he was far more balanced as he gave the AFL a hard time as well.

It is a shame Smith is not rhe Chief Football writer of the code rather than Wilson imo

Hear, hear.

Edited by ManDee

Exactly. She should have focused more on the Rule that was in place. It was exploited for 10 years FFS.

It should have been stopped after The Filth did their "Quick Plummet"

My view on the whole sordid episode was that CW saw an opportunity to one her objects of pathological hate to the sword and all that followed was simply fuelled by this desire. All that followed was simply bent or fabricated to suit this outcome. To me she lost all credibility as a result of this blinkered character assassination on what she considered a personal nemesis. A very spiteful act.

There was opportunity to take to this subject in a very level and holistic manner but she made it personal. In footy parlance she went the man and not the ball.

Maybe but i doubt it.

She clearly is in the pocket of the AFL or at least has a "special" relationship with them.

I also think it is a disgrace that the media in general and her in particular went so hard after Melbourne when it was clear several clubs before us had done the same (most notable Carlton but also Collingwood - possibly on two occasions - amongst others).

• Like 1

Yes exactly. We ALL knew it was going on. I believe the reason we were attacked so heavily is because we got involved a 2nd time.

After the "Kruezer Cup" in 2007 the MFC should have walked away in disgust. Particularly after Riley went to work for Carlton within weeks.

I always knew we were going to get done, i had no sources but i just knew it was inevitable. To plan for a loss because the AFL dangled large Carrots.

As the Chief Football Writer i will never forgive CW for not going hardest at the AFL & Commission over the PP fiasco. She nearly killed the MFC and if she had would have felt vindicated.

Maybe but i doubt it.

Rubbish post.

Your questions have all been answered previously, you just don't like what you hear.

• Like 1

Maybe but i doubt it.

Well summarised, WYL, This reflects my opinion exactly.

No, I said "you have pedantry characteristics", very different.

And no, I don't have aspergers.

Well, how about we stop trying to define each other's characteristics and stick to the argument?

I think it is important when you are a journalist to get our facts right.

Especially the substantive ones that change the context of your story.

If you don't think that the article I linked contains obvious contradictions in the first few lines then I think you are willfully trying to ignore facts to suit your argument.

That's ironic, because that is what Wilson does...

What does it matter anyway? Journalism is a wasteland now so why expect any better?

If people have issues with Wilson or Stevens or Barrett - just let them. We are howling at the moon anyway, nothing will change.

• Like 4

Have I mentioned how much I hate Denham. He has an anti Melbourne agenda and in case you didn't get it the first time he is more than willing to repeat it on a weekly basis. He is a [censored] of the highest order.

In the spirit of Venom Denham let me repeat it. I hate that [censored] of the highest order.

• Like 1

Absolutely. Smith, for all his faults, looks to discuss issues. Denham seems to have little knowledge of the game and is like the halfwit at work that you want to snot who bags the Dees because he's looking for cheap attention.

Absolutely. Smith, for all his faults, looks to discuss issues. Denham seems to have little knowledge of the game and is like the halfwit at work that you want to snot who bags the Dees because he's looking for cheap attention.

His attention will turn to the Aints this year. He is paid to dredge up the weaker teams and hammer them.

We will rise. Last night was most encouraging.

• Like 1

WYL, I reckon you're dead right. Saints the next target.

Lions will be a close second, reckon both are in for a few long years.

I don't care who it is as long as it is some other club.

7 years of total humiliation is more than enough.

The other 43 have been fairly average too, but i really believe Roos can get this club firing long term.

Off loading Sylvia for Vince is a stroke of genius!!