Hard done by

Steamin Demon

The biggest disappointment is that a conversation that was never invented for the public domain has ended up in one. Not only that but the player has been named. It's good fodder for us but it shouldn't be here.

Disappointing disclosure SD.

Indeed - this was my main reaction when I read the OP. "Not a ground breaking thread" anyway, as the OP itself said, but message could have been communicated without big-noting and naming the player.

• Like 2

Indeed - this was my main reaction when I read the OP. "Not a ground breaking thread" anyway, as the OP itself said, but message could have been communicated without big-noting and naming the player.

I'm being totally serious when I say that this will probably result in somebody at the club having a quiet word with JW, or worse a statement to the group: 'here's why you don't chat to supporters openly when they come up to you'.. you have rocks in your head if you don't believe the club is totally aware of what goes on at this website. Unfortunately the result of sharing things like this is that you make future insights less and less likely to re-occur.

• Like 1

I'm being totally serious when I say that this will probably result in somebody at the club having a quiet word with JW, or worse a statement to the group: 'here's why you don't chat to supporters openly when they come up to you'. Unfortunately the result of sharing things like this is that you make future insights less and less likely to re-occur.

Exactly.

Lol, sounds like Goldilocks to me.

"This coach is too soft"

"This coach is too hard"

"Ahhh, this coach is just right"

Im a bit nervous of the premature deification of the coach before any real results have been achieved. If I was better at trawling through the records it would be interesting reading the prognostications soon after Neeld and DB arrived. "Fitter than ever" "breath of fresh air" New day etc.

I am cautiously optimistic.

• Like 6

That's all well and true, but when are we going to see the real Jack Watts? It's easy to throw mud, but harder to catch it.

That's all well and true, but when are we going to see the real Jack Watts? It's easy to throw mud, but harder to catch it.

Haven't you guys ever been in dysfunctional Organisations before? I have been involved in a number of corporate turn-arounds and the MFC in Bailey's and especially Neeld's time have all the hallmarks of an extreme version of one. A characteristic of these types of organisations is that they almost always contain talented people (usually at middle management level) who feel powerless to do anything about the situation. Usually they leave. High stall turnover is a classic sign of a business getting into trouble.

We should be thankful that there was loyalty from such people as Watts, Trengove, Garland, Frawley which leaves us with a legacy around which we can build a team. Usually in turnaround work with good leadership, come much higher performance from these capable people in middle management. I have not double with the very capable leadership of Jackson and Roos we will see an unprecedented flowering of talent the likes of which we haven't seen since Daniher's reign.

The people we should be pointing the finger at is the Board and the CEO. They are the culpable ones here. Not the footsoldiers. Their leadership and governance was a disgrace, and it required heavy AFL intervention to get it right.

We are though now in for an exciting ride.

Edited by Dees2014
  • Like 9

Haven't you guys ever been in dysfunctional Organisations before? I have been involved in a number of corporate turn-arounds and the MFC in Bailey's and especially Neeld's time have all the hallmarks of an extreme version of one. A characteristic of these types of organisations is that they almost always contain talented people (usually at middle management level) who feel powerless to do anything about the situation. Usually they leave. High stall turnover is a classic sign of a business getting into trouble.

We should be thankful that there was loyalty from such people as Watts, Trengove, Garland, Frawley which leaves us with a legacy around which we can build a team. Usually in turnaround work with good leadership, come much higher performance from these capable people in middle management. I have not double with the very capable leadership of Jackson and Roos we will see an unprecedented flowering of talent the likes of which we haven't seen since Daniher's reign.

The people we should be pointing the finger at is the Board and the CEO. They are the culpable ones here. Not the footsoldiers. Their leadership and governance was a disgrace, and it required heavy AFL intervention to get it right.

By far the best post I've seen on this subject. For the past 2 seasons you could say "toxic" rather than "dysfunctional", but it doesn't matter that much.

The value of the thread is now restored.

Yep, spot on

Im a bit nervous of the premature deification of the coach before any real results have been achieved. If I was better at trawling through the records it would be interesting reading the prognostications soon after Neeld and DB arrived. "Fitter than ever" "breath of fresh air" New day etc.

I am cautiously optimistic.

It's a fair call, but the Goldilocks analogy is still bang on, especially with Wattsy in the title role.

Edited by P-man

One assumes then OD that you see value in this thread.

No more or less than a lot of other threads binman.

I am usually interested in the views of people on a wide range of subjects.

I just think that simply because I do not like the views of some people is not a good reason to close it.

What I don't like is when the auto response of some people is put the person down with nasty comments.

A little servility never goes astray.

The best censorship is the OFF button.

• Like 1

Key phrase "if true."

I think we've got quite a bit of SD mayo with that post.

The fact is that we'll never know, and even if the conversation happened in a similar vein, we'd be stupid to believe that SD has quoted Watts verbatim.

Not worth the carry on seen in this thread by the usual suspects.

"A simple man believes anything, but a prudent man gives thought to his steps."

This is the internet, where unicorns graze freely, lawyers espouse the truth and James Hird is a good bloke who is misunderstood.

Edited by jabberwocky
  • Like 4

Many of us were highlighting the toxic nature for a long time mate.

Many before i did.

186 was a total symptom of dysfunction.

The board and CEO should have walked with Bailey. It was over.

Last friday nights game showed me the players can turn this around with discipline and a strong team work ethic.

Roos is all about playing a role within a team.

This thread is a bit like the bible.

Some story has been passed on, interpreted a certain way, and been diluted from what it originally was, and is now being analyzed word for word....

And poor old Jesus Watts is now being crucified.

It is easy BB ignore the thread

Look without wanting to make a mountain out of a mole hill if I ignore the thread it doesn't correct the issue of someone making public a private conversation to the detriment of Jack Watts and the MFC.

I think it's wrong that the thread should exist so therefore ignoring it doesn't solve the problem.

• Like 3

What I don't like is when the auto response of some people is put the person down with nasty comments.

A little servility never goes astray.

Yep completely with you there OD. My pet hate(s)?

• Posters accusing others of not 'having a clue about football' (and any number of variants of that theme), implying of course that they do.
  • Using the phrase 'íf anyone actually believes (insert opinion/view) they don't understand football' - easy way to slag of specific posters and warning those yet to post on the matter that they best not support the initial post lest they fall into the no clue camp
  • Use of the acronym NFI - i mean c'mon
Edited by binman
  • Like 1

You love talking about. I actually found a photo of you at that very game...

Muppets02.jpg

Aah and what would Stuie do without his photo collection...

Those 2 old blokes from the Muppets were great value.

If people bring up the past 7 years for discussion do you have to join in?