2014 Contracts Thread

rpfc

To expand on this: PJ isn't in this to pad his bank balance for a couple of years then jump ship; he, like Roos, relishes a challenge the opportunity for succes, and they understand that their job is about legacy more than anything else.

As I mentioned somewhere else, he helped create a legacy at EssUndone, and they have trashed it. Wouldn't think he would want to go anywhere near there again.

2017: Dunn

2016: Dawes, Grimes (RFA), Watts (RFA), Michie*, Vince, Tyson*, Kent, M Jones, Spencer
2015: Clark, Trengove, Jamar (UFA), Garland (RFA), McKenzie, Howe, N Jones (RFA), Evans, Gawn, Fitzpatrick, Viney, Toumpas, Pedersen, Hogan, Salem, Kennedy-Harris, Hunt
2014: Frawley (UFA), Tapscott, McDonald, Blease, Strauss, Bail, Byrnes, Barry, Terlich, Cross, Clisby*, Riley*, Nicholson, Harmes ®, King ®, Georgiou ®, Jetta ®

* = Best guess of contract length. Would love confirmation

Thanks for putting contract's together - I love this stage of the season when we are all madly hypothesising what might happen.

I reckon we will bring in about 10 new players overall - (seven via draft - with one of these spots for Jetta, one experienced UCP recruit as with Crossy and three new rookies).

I'm afraid I don't subscribe to the theory that contracts can't be broken and I reckon Roosy will want to move Fitzy and Evans on. Both may end up being rookie-listed by a club but don't start making out they can be traded - they aren't that good!

Obvious omissions: Clark, Byrnes, Nicholson and Strauss

Likely departure: Frawley

Rookie omissions: Harmes and King - sorry neither have done enough and don't have a weapon to warrant retention. Georgiou will be kept as insurance down back, unless he decides he'd rather go home to play for Norwood than Casey.

That leaves eight uncontracted - McDonald, Clisby, Riley, Bail, Barry, Tapscott, Terlich and Blease.

Bail is 26 and Roosy is a fan so the only decision is whether he gets one or two more years.

McDonald is currently in negotiations and is deserving of a three-year deal.

Terlich is 24 and is pretty much a regular - I'd be surprised if he is not offered another year.

Riley is 22 and coming off a leg injury - it would be amazing if he didn't get another year.

So in my view Tapscott, Clisby, Barry and Blease will be fighting for probably two last spots.

I just hope Roosy plays them in the next few weeks so thay at least have a chance to press their claims.

Of the four only two of them - Blease (because of his pace and goalscoring nous) and Tapscott (because of his great start to career as a courageous defender) - have any chance of being used as a trade deal. But both would be late third rounders at best.

Evans is contracted and we've got enough uncontracted players to move on as it is. Given that contracted players only get delisted in extreme circumstances and this isn't one of those, I imagine he'll see his contract.

I thought he was coming out of contract.

your right, if he's still contracted they won't get rid of him.

looking back now its a little surprising they gave him a multi year deal.

glad for his sake that he still has time up his sleeve.

2017: Dunn

2016: Dawes, Grimes (RFA), Watts (RFA), Michie*, Vince, Tyson*, Kent, M Jones, Spencer

2015: Clark, Trengove, Jamar (UFA), Garland (RFA), McKenzie, Howe, N Jones (RFA), Evans, Gawn, Fitzpatrick, Viney, Toumpas, Pedersen, Hogan, Salem, Kennedy-Harris, Hunt

2014: Frawley (UFA), Tapscott, McDonald, Blease, Strauss, Bail, Byrnes, Barry, Terlich, Cross, Clisby*, Riley*, Nicholson, Harmes ®, King ®, Georgiou ®, Jetta ®

* = Best guess of contract length. Would love confirmation

Thanks for putting contract's together - I love this stage of the season when we are all madly hypothesising what might happen.

I reckon we will bring in about 10 new players overall - (seven via draft - with one of these spots for Jetta, one experienced UCP recruit as with Crossy and three new rookies).

I'm afraid I don't subscribe to the theory that contracts can't be broken and I reckon Roosy will want to move Fitzy and Evans on. Both may end up being rookie-listed by a club but don't start making out they can be traded - they aren't that good!

Obvious omissions: Clark, Byrnes, Nicholson and Strauss

Likely departure: Frawley

Rookie omissions: Harmes and King - sorry neither have done enough and don't have a weapon to warrant retention. Georgiou will be kept as insurance down back, unless he decides he'd rather go home to play for Norwood than Casey.

That leaves eight uncontracted - McDonald, Clisby, Riley, Bail, Barry, Tapscott, Terlich and Blease.

Bail is 26 and Roosy is a fan so the only decision is whether he gets one or two more years.

McDonald is currently in negotiations and is deserving of a three-year deal.

Terlich is 24 and is pretty much a regular - I'd be surprised if he is not offered another year.

Riley is 22 and coming off a leg injury - it would be amazing if he didn't get another year.

So in my view Tapscott, Clisby, Barry and Blease will be fighting for probably two last spots.

I just hope Roosy plays them in the next few weeks so thay at least have a chance to press their claims.

Of the four only two of them - Blease (because of his pace and goalscoring nous) and Tapscott (because of his great start to career as a courageous defender) - have any chance of being used as a trade deal. But both would be late third rounders at best.

Harmes and king look alright man.

they've had some injury issues in their first year, which isn't uncommon.

on a few occasions chomps harmed had 30 disposals or so, and max is an attractive ruck prospect. He played in the nab cup and didn't look out of his depth.

They will stay.

Plus, don't they get a two year contract when they're drafted?

Harmes and king look alright man.

they've had some injury issues in their first year, which isn't uncommon.

on a few occasions chomps harmed had 30 disposals or so, and max is an attractive ruck prospect. He played in the nab cup and didn't look out of his depth.

They will stay.

Plus, don't they get a two year contract when they're drafted?

Rookies get one year deals.
  • Like 1

Rookies get one year deals.

this is true.

They should still be retained.

• Like 1

As for Evans, I wouldn't be surprised if this shoulder issue has affected his form so far in the latter stages of this season, assuming it wasn't an impact injury that I missed.

Anyway, contracted, so it's a moot point.

I think you will find a whole lot of these lesser known players will re-sign in a flurry once the status of Chip and Tommy Mac is confirmed

I thought I would make a new one as the old one was getting a little long.

Dunn, Hogan

Dawes, Grimes (RFA), Watts (RFA), Michie*, Vince, Tyson*, Kent, M Jones, Spencer, McDonald, Barry,

Clark, Trengove, Jamar (UFA), Garland (RFA), McKenzie, Howe, N Jones (RFA), Evans, Gawn, Fitzpatrick, Viney, Toumpas, Pedersen, Salem, Kennedy-Harris, Hunt

Frawley (UFA), Tapscott, Blease, Strauss, Bail, Byrnes, Terlich, Cross, Clisby*, Riley*, Nicholson, Harmes ®, King ®, Georgiou ®, Jetta ®

* = Best guess of contract length. Would love confirmation...

Updated.

All important players back for 2015, bar one.

Edited by rpfc

So Frawley the main one left for this year.

Can probably start turning attention to the likes of Jones, Viney, Garland etc to avoid them being out of contract next year, particularly Jonesy although I'm sure he'll be staying.

I'm being very technical here, but isn't Frawley an UFA? I haven't read anywhere that we can match offers from other clubs, but I may well and truly be wrong!

You're correct. He was expected to be RFA due to age, but due to the front-loading of his contract, he is not currently in our top 10 annual earners, and as such ended up as a UFA.

• Like 1

Frawley (UFA), Tapscott, Blease, Strauss, Bail, Byrnes, Terlich, Cross, Clisby*, Riley*, Nicholson, Harmes ®, King ®, Georgiou ®, Jetta ®

Updated.

All important players back for 2015, bar one.

Looking at that list I can only see 5 (6 if Frawley leaves) changes at the end of the year assuming Cross signs on for another season.

Tapscott, Blease, Strauss, Byrnes & Nicholson should all be gone judging by lack of seniors this year. Terlich should get another year at least and Jetta should be upgraded so we'd be looking at 4 or 5 list changes overall depending on Frawley and assuming no trades of contracted players occur.

EDIT: Forgot about Clark, so that's another list change. Still would be up there with the least amount of changes over recent years if we only make 5 or 6 changes I'd think?

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

Looking at that list I can only see 5 (6 if Frawley leaves) changes at the end of the year assuming Cross signs on for another season.

Tapscott, Blease, Strauss, Byrnes & Nicholson should all be gone judging by lack of seniors this year. Terlich should get another year at least and Jetta should be upgraded so we'd be looking at 4 or 5 list changes overall depending on Frawley and assuming no trades of contracted players occur.

EDIT: Forgot about Clark, so that's another list change. Still would be up there with the least amount of changes over recent years if we only make 5 or 6 changes I'd think?

Unless we traded, for example, a Fitzpatrick or Gawn for a pick or player. That would help to make further changes to the list outside of straight delistings.

• Like 1

2015 will be a huge year for a few boys, Toumpas I reckon is tracking okay, when he has been in the ones he has been fairly solid averaging 17 touches, he really just needs confidence and obviously they are working on particular parts of his game at Casey, or were before his appendix decided to jump ship.

Trenners will be really interesting, will it be the Trengove of his first two years, or his second two years? I reckon if he has another slow year he might well find himself on the trade table, if he is the Trengove of old a lot of people we be remind just how good this kid is, to me it could be as good as landing someone like Sheil or Coniglio,

One of footy's best feelgood stories will roll on. Daniel Cross, who looked done and dusted at the end of 2013, to play on in 2015.

Cross had a 15-game trigger to guarantee another year ... he's two short of that after a broken leg, but it won't matter. All sorted

Even before he got injured I would have thought it would make sense to have him for another year. He has been great.

• Like 3

Frawley (UFA), Tapscott, Blease, Strauss, Bail, Byrnes, Terlich, Clisby*, Riley*, Nicholson, Harmes ®, King ®, Georgiou ®, Jetta ®

Tapscott - DELIST

Blease - DELIST

Strauss - DELIST

Bail - DELIST

Byrnes - Retired

Terlich - DELIST

Clisby - DELIST

Nicholson - DELIST

Thats 8 spots open right there, plus Chip who is likely gone which makes it 9.

We are lucky that so many of our spuds are out of contract at the same time and so soon. Will be a very quick list rebuild and freshen up.

Tapscott - DELIST

Blease - DELIST

Strauss - DELIST

Bail - DELIST

Byrnes - Retired

Terlich - DELIST

Clisby - DELIST

Nicholson - DELIST

We are lucky that so many of our spuds are out of contract at the same time and so soon. Will be a very quick list rebuild and freshen up.

Expect Blease to be given a run soon to prove himself. That will determine his fate. Pickles Evans is lucky that he is contracted IMO.

Tapscott - DELIST

Blease - DELIST

Strauss - DELIST

Bail - DELIST

Byrnes - Retired

Terlich - DELIST

Clisby - DELIST

Nicholson - DELIST

Harsh, but true. None of the above are players who will take us to the next level. Bail is the only one I would give another contract to, and even then it would only be for a year.

Tapscott - DELIST

Blease - DELIST

Strauss - DELIST

Bail - DELIST

Byrnes - Retired

Terlich - DELIST

Clisby - DELIST

Nicholson - DELIST

+ clark = 10 spots...