Training - Monday 18th November, 2013

Whispering_Jack

The signs are that tomorrow looms as a massive day in the modern history of the Melbourne Football Club with a major announcement of club interest to be made at 8.45am followed by Paul Roos' first training session with the entire current list (minus any injured/rehab players).

The information seeping through suggests that the announcement will be about a major sponsorship deal with automotive group AHG (see separate thread).

The club website is still telling us that the next training session is on Friday 15 November 2013 at 9.30am at Gosch's Paddock but I think it's a safe bet that it will be on tomorrow at the same time and same place as all of Melbourne's recent training ie at 9:30 am at the Paddock.

The encouraging news is that many of the older, more experienced players have been seen on a regular basis doing their training at AAMI Park. These days we expect our professional athletes to present themselves in top shape at the start of preseason training. Adam Goodes made it very clear last week that he and the Swans expect Buddy Franklin (and indeed, all players) to return fit and ready to get stuck into things when they assemble for their preseason.

This hasn't always been the case at Melbourne and it was disappointing to hear at a meeting for supporters at the end of Mark Neeld's first year how disappointed he was at the lack of fitness of many of the players when they returned for the first sessions in early November. It's clear now that there were some players who, as a result, were never going to establish a healthy relationship with the coach and vice versa. We've paid enormously for this as a club.

Hopefully, the lessons of the past two years have been learned and the senior group are red hot to get stuck into the 2014 campaign.

WJ unfortuantly i dont have the computer skills to highlight your statements

Tomorrow is always a massive day in the future of the MFC. The club is always behind the times

Lets hope we are not going to pay enormously in $ terms to our saviour

Hopefully, the lessons of the past fifty years have been learned and the whole group get stuck into the 2014 campaign !

For anyone that cares Neville Jetta is training with us.

Interesting.

I guess there's only 2 possibilities... Either we're thinking of picking him back up as a rookie, or the club has said (in good will) he can train with us to keep him sharp should he get picked up by someone else.

• Like 1

WJ unfortuantly i dont have the computer skills to highlight your statements

Tomorrow is always a massive day in the future of the MFC. The club is always behind the times

Lets hope we are not going to pay enormously in $ terms to our saviour

Hopefully, the lessons of the past fifty years have been learned and the whole group get stuck into the 2014 campaign !

Paul Roos will be worth every cent we are paying him, if in fact he is not already.

I would suggest that if he had not been appointed as the coach our new sponsor (AHG) would not be on board.

It is also unlikely that some of our 'recruits' would not have joined us without the prospect of being coached by PR.

• Like 3

Sixes wasn't in attendance

I post pics on twitter, will be doing it later, Demonpk, not everybody looks there

Everybody on the track except Chris Dawes, who was out bike riding

Kent and Riley left early, Kent has a troublesome Patella and Riley on the way back from broken leg.

Not training with main group, Strauss, Tapscott, Jamar, Byrnes, Hogan, Viney, Spencer, McDonald, Garland, Tyson, think that's about it

Delegation from new sponsor in attendance, Peter Jackson, Todd Viney, Mahoney, Bartlett, Howcroft and recruiting staff, asked Jason Taylor who we are taking at 9, he wouldn't tell me

Everybody in new tops with new sponsor

It is easier to answer questions so fire away

• Like 10

I post pics on twitter, will be doing it later, Demonpk, not everybody looks here

Kent and Riley left early, Kent has a troublesome Patella and Riley on the way back from broken leg.

Not training with main group, Strauss, Tapscott, Jamar, Byrnes, Hogan, Viney, Spencer, McDonald, Garland, Tyson, think that's about it

Delegation from new sponsor in attendance, Peter Jackson, Todd Viney, Mahoney, Bartlett, Howcroft and recruiting staff, asked Jason Taylor who we are taking at 9, he wouldn't tell me

Hi Saty do you know what is wrong with Tapscott?

I post pics on twitter, will be doing it later, Demonpk, not everybody looks here

Great work muchly appreciated.

See questions are easier Gawn was in the "rehab" group forgot him, asked Tappy, he was vague, so didn't push it, probably as sick of being in rehab group as we are at seeing him there...didn't seem restricted whatsoever, from what I can gather, they are trying to ensure everybody is cherry ripe to go after Xmas...they are not flogging them......had more than one player and no I won't name names tell me they were flogged too hard pre xmas last year

• Like 3

from melbournefc.com.au

131118_DanielCross.jpg

its good news Monday......

go on...give each other A.HuG :)

• Like 10

Liked your pics on twitter Saty... by the way, who was that walking behind Cross (maybe I'm out of touch or going more stupid, but I didn't recognise the face).