Michael Newton

Courtney_Fish

Wont be long now

And right on cue, Just a pleasant Sunday arvo convo starter before the main game.

For anyone interested... Read on!...

Well the big fella certainly is playing great footy at Norwood of late with bags of 6, 4, and 8 goals at his last 3 starts.

Pretty good to see after he missed the past two Norwood Grand Finals through several shocking injuries.

I saw a short SANFL Highlights package recently and he has put on some size.

His 6 goals yesterday came playing CHF and pulling in 11 marks.

Well done Juice and I'm sure all on Demonland wish you the best with the rest of the year.

Never know, mature age player, might be of interest to another club next year?!

• Like 4

And right on cue, Just a pleasant Sunday arvo convo starter before the main game.

For anyone interested... Read on!...

Well the big fella certainly is playing great footy at Norwood of late with bags of 6, 4, and 8 goals at his last 3 starts.

Pretty good to see after he missed the past two Norwood Grand Finals through several shocking injuries.

I saw a short SANFL Highlights package recently and he has put on some size.

His 6 goals yesterday came playing CHF and pulling in 11 marks.

Well done Juice and I'm sure all on Demonland wish you the best with the rest of the year.

Never know, mature age player, might be of interest to another club next year?!

no.

• Like 3

I am not sure why all the angst on Newton.

He was pick 46 and taken young in the overall ordinary draft of 2004. At that end of the draft picks are always a punt.

Whilst having the appearance of a good contested mark and a good kick for goal, he never had the aptitude or ethic to make it.

Survived as a low cost option on our list with lack of forwards

He didn't make it in the big time....so what. There have been many more at MFC (and far worse than Juice)

If people want to rabbit on about bad selections they should focus on the wasting of first round picks in that year like Bate and Dunn.

Yep agree with most of this. Was somewhat cruelled by injuries both at Melbourne and of late Norwood ( ACL)

Still, he played 25 games for 35 Goals as records show, which was a handy return for one so maligned on this forum.

amazing how things turn around 'picket', Dunny has done what they hoped 'the Juice' would do. ah well 1 outa 2 will do.

A moron that hates Jimmy Toumpas but wants Newton back at the club. wow

Got it wrong fella! Nup don't want him back at the Dees! Never said that!! just suggested that another club might take a look!

Who's the moron now??

Out and out champion. 7 yrs on the list for 28 games.

Ultimate list clogger with well know fan boi who would come back in another life as the dirt under Juice's toenail.

• Like 1

Just amazing that I get thorough scorn put on me when I have a go at a player, But [censored] bugger me its ok for others to take "Pot Shots" when I was offering a newsworthy event of a past player!

STAGGERING!

• Like 1

Newsworthy event of a past player LOL please!

Give us the run down on Isaac Weetra, Luke William and Hayden Lamaro while your at it.

Perhaps Dazzledavey, you would prefer to give a run down of you Avatars current form for Richmonds Magoos???

If Frawley goes I expect we need to add a mature KPP Player preferably a forward at some stage.

Right now Hogan is injured. Fitzpatrick and Gawn are rucks. Georgiou is the only KPP we have at Casey and an undersized one.

Who is the best tall forward ready to go who we could get? There might be a Pedersen trade. Or we go after someone highly valued. If not we should consider someone like Juice for the rookie list. It's not nearly as dumb as it sounds.

Doing a Richmond and filling the team with recycled players is stupid. But a rookie forward in case of emergency isn't horrible and Juice has more talent than others and might thrive in a real culture.

I do not think we would be interested! I started this thread to congratulate a much maligned former player on playing good footy in the SANFL.

Pity the scorn and derision that has followed! The man played 25 odd games and kicked at least a goal a game!

I think there may be a club out there that may, MAY be interested in a mature age Forward.

Thanks for the enlightened thoughts Georgio!

Perhaps Dazzledavey, you would prefer to give a run down of you Avatars current form for Richmonds Magoos???

Didn't know Peter Jackson played for Richmond twos PF.

Hows his form this year?

Edited by dazzledavey36

Ah Davey"s Form ????

Hnmm a few crossed wires and maybe a blown fuse or two??

You said avatar PF..

Btw Davey just got back from a long term injury and is helping and mentoring the richmond indigenous academy down there. So he is doing quite well for himself!

• Like 1

I do not think we would be interested! I started this thread to congratulate a much maligned former player on playing good footy in the SANFL.

Pity the scorn and derision that has followed! The man played 25 odd games and kicked at least a goal a game!

I think there may be a club out there that may, MAY be interested in a mature age Forward.

Why? He has nothing to do with Melbourne anymore.

Question; are you actually Juice Newton trying to get some rumours and hype flying around about yourself to score another shot at it?

Raptor_-_Clever_Girl.gif

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As
  • Like 1

Ah, that's a good one is PF Juice Newton? Ah No.

I just think and always have that through a combination of factors, he never really reached his potential.

All i'm saying is at 27 I think an AFL Club might, ( might) think about him as a mature age recruit. If his form holds up why wouldn't a club consider him?

As for rejoining Melbourne I wouldn't think so. I'm not pushing that barrel! Would I like to see him given another chance somewhere else ? Why not?

Edited by picket fence

Yep, well maybe a few other clubs as well as he kicked 4 out of 8 for Norwood tonight to continue impressive form!

Good to see!

Seriously PF no one gives a flying toss about Newton! He is one of about 10 000 players that have been delisted by the Melbourne Football Club

Take your Newton Orgy somewhere else. The only sad individual who cares is you.

Edited by dazzledavey36

Given Richmond is interested in Bootsma you never know! Juice has got to be one of the biggest disappointments, he looked like a he had all the attributes but when it came to taking the step promising young player to player he failed.

Good on him for doing well in the SANFL, couldn't be doing him any harm.