Darren Jolly

Bring-Back-Powell

There is absolutely no way Jamar, Jolly, Spencer, Gawn , Fitzy and Clark can all be on our list. That suggests to me if we are considering Jolly, Jamar is to be traded and possibly one other.

If it was my call, I would forget Jolly, trade Jamar and keep the rest and rookie another young ruckman.

• Like 12

There is absolutely no way Jamar, Jolly, Spencer, Gawn , Fitzy and Clark can all be on our list. That suggests to me if we are considering Jolly, Jamar is to be traded and possibly one other.

If it was my call, I would forget Jolly, trade Jamar and keep the rest and rookie another young ruckman.

Do we really want to go into next year's Grand Final with two relatively inexperienced ruckmen though?

• Like 31

Jamar is finished, Spencer useless and Gawn is probably not ready. If they want to leave Clark forward and Jolly gets fit I can see value for a year or two.

A senior ruckman can also help tutor a young midfield. It isn't the worst suggestion I've heard.

And being familiar with the Leading Teams program and Swans culture also has its advantages.

Ultimately, I trust ROOOOSY.

• Like 12

Couldn't we get Gawn a tank over the offseason and have him and Jamar in tandem for the ruck while still developing Spencer and Fitz?

The only thing that keeps giving me comfort through this is that we have Roos as coach.

He probably knows a little more about this than myself or any of us here on dland

In Roos we trust.

• Like 1

Seriously though, does this impact at all on the trade value of Jamar? If Jolly returns, then it's visibly obvious Jamar is expendable. Maybe that's not a big issue though. His value would be pick 60+ these days.

No. Jamar is low value atm.

I am not sure he would secure an interest.

I'm all for getting Jolly on the proviso that we can get rid of Jamar who plays about 7 games a year these days.

I think theyre 2 seperate decisions.

Roos lost Jolly at the end of 2009 because unfortunately Jolly's wife suffered from post-natal depression and they had to move back to Victoria to be with family.

Jolly isn't the same calibre has he was then. Roos is probably in the best position to work that out, but I can't help but feel we have our own Jolly (Jamar) and already have a few rucks.

Going to be an interesting trade period...

Jamar is signed until the end of next year, he was over the moon to know he will be a one club player. I don't see him going anywhere.

As for Jolly, the game is beyond him, I couldn't care less about his desires, we don't need him.

Edited by ignition.
  • Like 5

I support signing on Jolly as essentially an onfield coach for 2014.

He'll be good for organising the mids in centre square, and if he sits a kick behind play, he'll be able to manage the structures similar to Maxwell at Collingwood.

He also is familiar with the leadership style and can push it with the players.

He could very well be our own Stuey Maxfield.

Jamar will need to be traded though, but I think that also works for us and even for him.

• Like 1

I actually missed the queens birthday match this year as I was in fiji. I followed the game via demonland and general consensus was that Jamar easily beat Jolly in the ruck. Any one recall?

Interestingly enough, Jamar turned up at my resort a day later.

I have no idea how this will pan out but those bagging Jamar's trade value need to reconsider. Mature match hardened ruckmen are a rarity and much sought after.

Look at Hawthorn: the latest is Hale and they are forever topping up their ruck stocks. Paul Salmon remember?

No. Jamar is low value atm.

I am not sure he would secure an interest.

Yes, his value will be low. If we get Jolly, then the value is I suppose in just dumping the two years of Jamar's contract to another team. Having both Jamar and Jolly would be silly, so if there's little interest, even a Jamar + 53 to GWS for pick 52 is preferable to keeping him.

So that's a long-winded way of saying that I don't know that either of them will be particularly awesome next year, but Jolly for 1 year sounds more sensible than Jamar for 2.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.