R.I.P. Demonology

I just checked it out, it's certainly clear it was a takeover of some description.

I posted a question asking how this occurred considering Tim's previous reluctance to let anyone touch the site outside of Nasher and possibly George, a general question with no real assertions, it was immediately deleted and I gather my Administration rights will be revoked, not that it matters, I don't post or read Demonology anymore.

I do however feel for Tim, he's poured a lot of Tim and effort into Demonology over the years.

well they have got their grubby hands on a site that has more functions not working than working and a pile of handwritten obsolete code that only tim knows how to maintain

in essence they have really only got the domain name

They've managed to revoke access to people, so I gather they've got some form of idea on how it works.

Yes i have noticed that too Akum.

I still have $$$ on them being the same.

How much?

I have been involved in the volunteer program at the club and have met both.

Saty is as passionate demon as they come, who selflessly gives his time to the club, who goes and supports the boys at training regularly. I know he rubs many the wrong way on this site, but a lot of that is him having fun. He's a nice bloke with whom I've had quite a few enjoyable football conversations with.

Dr Who, is a dishonest as they come. If Tim knew the guy, he would have ran a million miles from him. Smithy's post tells so much.

• Like 1

I just checked it out, it's certainly clear it was a takeover of some description.

I posted a question asking how this occurred considering Tim's previous reluctance to let anyone touch the site outside of Nasher and possibly George, a general question with no real assertions, it was immediately deleted and I gather my Administration rights will be revoked, not that it matters, I don't post or read Demonology anymore.

I do however feel for Tim, he's poured a lot of Tim and effort into Demonology over the years.

He responded, claims Tim went to them for help!

Can't log in over there now. Looks like you might need Who's sonic screwdriver to enter the site.

I just logged in no problems (and quickly logged out again).

Site seems to be running slowly though!!!

How much?

I have been involved in the volunteer program at the club and have met both.

Saty is as passionate demon as they come, who selflessly gives his time to the club, who goes and supports the boys at training regularly. I know he rubs many the wrong way on this site, but a lot of that is him having fun. He's a nice bloke with whom I've had quite a few enjoyable football conversations with.

Dr Who, is a dishonest as they come. If Tim knew the guy, he would have ran a million miles from him. Smithy's post tells so much.

you may be right RG,but the writing styles are remarkably similiar over a long period of time.

I have never questioned Satyr's loyalty to the club. He is too loyal in my opinion.

He would still be blindly supporting Schwab and the previous board if the hadn't been removed.

Dr Who is just a social nightmare..he was here last summer.

A little while ago I was approached by a poster who wanted to be put into contact with Demonology's owner about the prospect of revitalising the site. I would be mortified if that person is now the owner and has put irresponsible people in charge of its administration and moderation. Looking at the site however, I've not seen evidence of this taking place although I do see that quite a few posters who have been banned on here find themselves new homes over there.I hope the change of ownership proves not to be true. I like some of the robust discussion that goes on there from time to time.

It's bad enough having little diversity in the Australian meda. The MFC is even worse with its social media. Change and a different point of view can be a good thing. At this stage I'm only being philosophical about this, but for too long Land has had too much say in O'logy. It may be nice being Murdoch, but it doesn't always work for the ant colonies.

I'm hesitant to post there now.

Some real nasty stuff going on.

I enjoy both sites and what they have to offer. Its just a shame that one of them is dying the way it is.

Quite a few are no longer posting mate - sad.

I've been on Ology since 2002 - 11 years of my life. Lots of infighting but also friends made from there in real life & lots of commiserating and celebrating over the Dees. I live in a tiny town in outback WA, so Ology has been a lifeline to fellow Dees for me. I'm really sad. Demonland is great and will be my new home, but can we lose the sniping for a little while to let us mourn.

• Like 4

I should say, 'hesitant' to post there now for fear of post/s will get deleted if it doesn't adhere to the policies of the new regime.

Don't despair: there's always "Bigfooty" !

• Like 2

you may be right RG,but the writing styles are remarkably similiar over a long period of time.

I have never questioned Satyr's loyalty to the club. He is too loyal in my opinion.

He would still be blindly supporting Schwab and the previous board if the hadn't been removed.

Dr Who is just a social nightmare..he was here last summer.

I get the feeling that Saty finally realized that a lot of what he was getting fed was BS. I say that sincerely and as RGRS knows him personally, perhaps he can probably confirm or deny this. I think the last of his last 'provocative' posts came just before Neeld got the sack. That presser might have opened his eyes a bit, especially the bit when PJ called us a 'drag on the competition'. There was no point going on with the 'everything is awesome' schtick anymore as even he would have realized he would have just looked like a dill.

Yes, it's sad.

I salute all the work that Tim did over the years.

It was only a few years ago that about half of our forum footy team was made up of players and helpers introduced to demonland by first finding demonology.

Many of us posted on or read both sites.

I won't embarass posters by naming them, but it was only a few years ago that a group of us offered Tim our help to fix the site, but he resolutely refused.

I am so sorry it has ended this way.

But life, and demonland, go on.

Regards to all,

Rollo

• Like 3

what i don't understand is why tim handed over the crown jewels for nothingto someone he knew little of, yet refused to do the same to many people he did know and trusted, who had offered to help on many occasions.

just doesn't add up.........but its done now

• Like 3

I may be naive in these matters (not to mention matters Daniel Rich), but I have two questions:

(1) What does anybody stand to gain by taking over a site like 'Ology just to sabotage it? Especially when it's obvious to all what's going on?

(2) Is there a risk of a hostile takeover happening here???

what i don't understand is why tim handed over the crown jewels for nothingto someone he knew little of, yet refused to do the same to many people he did know and trusted, who had offered to help on many occasions.

just doesn't add up.........but its done now

Send me a PM and I may be able to provide some insight.

Yes, it's sad.

I salute all the work that Tim did over the years.

It was only a few years ago that about half of our forum footy team was made up of players and helpers introduced to demonland by first finding demonology.

Many of us posted on or read both sites.

I won't embarass posters by naming them, but it was only a few years ago that a group of us offered Tim our help to fix the site, but he resolutely refused.

I am so sorry it has ended this way.

But life, and demonland, go on.

Regards to all,

Rollo

Cheers Rollo, haven't forgotten I owe you dinner old friend :)

Will catch up on the way through one of these days.