• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Roos Wants Midfielders.

Grimseyisgod

we get 2 good years of leadership from a 29 - 30 Yr old who'll slot straight into out team, & the teaching & onfield guidance they'll give, will bring our Strauss's & Trengoves, Bleases, Taggerts, Fixpatrick's, Clisby's, Watts's, & even Sylvia's on.

the only 25 yr olds we get will be the non John West type, the ones left out in the weather.

the good ones in their mid twenties rarely get let loose, on short contracts.

* Thomas hasn't had a long contract that I recall for the last 3 years or so. playing some sort of games there??? dodgy ankle, attitude or what???

well, if that where true then Craigy would have already known it thru his contacts, & so we would know it as well.

His rating, based on his output, he played all of 22 matches this year,,,, & is 2nd on the Crows rankings, out of all their players > http://finalsiren.com/Fixture.asp?SeasonID=2013&TeamID=1&Sort=Rating%20Desc#Player

not bad for shot groins....

& his disposal count is on top,,,, > http://finalsiren.com/Fixture.asp?SeasonID=2013&TeamID=1&Sort=Disposals%20Desc#Player

He was subbed out on a few occasions this year, can't run out the game anymore. He is quickly coming to the end. Not a good pick up.

Dustin Martin is having trouble coming to contractural terms with Richmond

Do we dare?? Can we accept the occasional prisoners' salute. Would it matter?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tigers-contract-fight-20130909-2tg3x.html

Punt Road's Korin Gamadji Institute wants to pay Martin to be an Indigenous Ambassador?

What an effing joke.

The Tigers are just using this place for their own ends now.

If Caroline would like to lift the lid on some shady practices and waste of government money - she should focus on Punt Road; more than 50% of the 'programs' and 'accredited training' to help indigenous youth transition into employment have been one-day barista courses...

I am sure it helps to get the desirable and stable job down at the Starbucks on Collins St, but we don't need an institute for that...

They do it to inflate numbers of people and programs at the institute, and as a way of sourcing more money.

To pay for Am-effing-bassadors...

• Like 7

This is if we get the Pick 1 as PP if we get one at all.

Melbourne picks up Daniel Cross, Maverick Weller, put Kyal Horsley on our rookie list, put Nick Lower on our rookie list, put Patrick Vezpremi on our rookie list, pick up whoever gets scrapped out of Corey Enright, Paul Chapman, or Joel Corey, put Liam Patrick on our rookie list, if Steve Clifton is up to it try and get him in the rookie draft, put Darren Jolly on our senior list, maybe if Alik Magin goes in the rookie draft pick him up, pick up a few late picks in the draft.

What trades I think will happen

Pick 3 for David Swallow

Pick 1 for Matt Rosa and Andrew Gaff

Jake Spencer, 2nd round pick and pick 19 for Taylor Adams

Pick up Mathew Stokes

3rd Round pick for Anthony Miles

How I think the team next year in round 1 will look (most likely going to be a Sunday).

Back: Lynden Dunn, James Frawley, Tom McDonald

Halfbacks: Dean Terlich, Colin Garland, Jack Grimes

Midfield: David Swallow, Jack Trengove, Matt Rosa

Half forwards: Jeremy Howe, Mitch Clark, Jack Watts

Forwards: Jack Fitzpatrick, Jesse Hogan, Mathew Stokes

Followers: Mark Jamar, Nathan Jones, Jack Viney

Interchange: Chris Dawes, Matt Jones, Max Gawn, Andrew Gaff, Colin Sylvia, Taylor Adams

Sub: Jimmy Toumpas

Emergencies: Rory Taggert, Daniel Cross, Dean Kent

Melbourne list 2014

Senior list: Nathan Jones, Jack Watts, Jimmy Toumpas, Chris Dawes, Jack Viney, James Frawley, Jack Trengove, Shannon Byrnes, Mitch Clark, Colin Sylvia, Jordie McKenzie, Lynden Dunn, Mathew Stokes, Sam Blease, James Straus, Colin Garland, Cameron Pedersen, Maverick Weller, Tom McDonald, Daniel Nicholson, Darren Jolly, Daniel Cross, James Magner (upgrade off rookie list), Jack Grimes, Michael Evans, Dom Barry, Dean Kent, Luke Tapscott, David Swallow, Max Gawn, Jeremy Howe, Neville Jetta, Mark Jamar, Andrew Gaff, Taylor Adams, Matt Rosa, Rory Taggert, Rohan Bail, Matt Jones, Dean Terlich, Jack Fitzpatrick, Mitch Clisby (upgrade off Rookie list), Anthony Miles.

Rookie: Alik Magin, Steve Clifton, Kyal Horsley, Nathan Stark, Patrick Vezpremi, Nick Lower.

Let me start by saying that rookie list is absolute trash. Young Stark might be worth a look but the other 5 are proven non AFL performers.

Darren Jolly - hell no

Whoever gets scrapped out of Corey Enright..... why would you even put his name in that conversation

Pick up Stokes? What like he would ever go near us

Liam Patrick!!!

Matt Rosa

2 draft picks and Spencer for Taylor Adams oh lord

Let me start by saying that rookie list is absolute trash. Young Stark might be worth a look but the other 5 are proven non AFL performers.

Darren Jolly - hell no

Whoever gets scrapped out of Corey Enright..... why would you even put his name in that conversation

Pick up Stokes? What like he would ever go near us

Liam Patrick!!!

Matt Rosa

2 draft picks and Spencer for Taylor Adams oh lord

Yeah one of them might get scrapped, Stokes hasn't been offered a new contract, Liam Patrick was a bad suggestion, Yeah Matt Rosa is a great player certainly better than a lot of our midfielders, Darren Jolly can bring experience and Jake Spencer, a good pick and a fair pick for a young superstar is a definite yes.

What was wrong with them?

They're god-awful.

Obviously.

Vezspremi FCS!

Lower is a list clogger. He's only young & done it on 3 lists now.

Rosa, Clifton, Horsely, Magin... All NO.

If Enright leaves, he retires.

Stokes exceptionally unlikely to leave, especially since he has already signed on.

If I was trading with WestCoast I would not touch Rosa, but Gaff may be your best suggestion.

Coming off a poor year performance-wise but has ability, potentially keen to come home if a rebuild is imminent.

Only way we'd get Jolly is if Jamar gets traded.

And finally, I fully expect to be totally wrong on at least one of these points, making me look like an idiot.

Edited by Machiavelli

Yeah one of them might get scrapped, Stokes hasn't been offered a new contract, Liam Patrick was a bad suggestion, Yeah Matt Rosa is a great player certainly better than a lot of our midfielders, Darren Jolly can bring experience and Jake Spencer, a good pick and a fair pick for a young superstar is a definite yes.

Matt Rosa is injured more than healthy and barely up to it. We can find younger and better options.

Stokes will get a new contract and if not will sign with a contender who will offer him as much as we could, he's quality.

What's the need for Jolly when we have Jamar? Why carry 2 when we have guys in Gawn and Spencer who are proven at least decent.

Adams isn't a potential superstar. He's a good ordinary young midfielder. Finds the footy, needs to work on his disposal. He's worth a first round pick, probably value around mid first rounder. Certainly not worth offering 19 and another second rounder. Spencer is steak knives I'm not sure he adds anything to the trade.

What was wrong with them?

In reality what you've done is suggested we add a bunch of often sub grade talent. Whilst we need to boost midfield depth we need to find room for the guys we have. Presuming Sylvia signs on we will have Jones, Viney, McKenzie, Trengove, Sylvia, Toumpas, Matt Jones, Evans, Kent, Byrnes who are all around the mark at AFL level. We don't need to add in something like 6 guys who aren't up to scratch.

What I'd suggest is we target a mature ready made type like Cross to take over from Rodan's job as a guy who may not play a lot of game time. We then add 1 or 2 decent trade ins like Taylor Adams. We then try 1 or 2 depending how we go in the trades as mature age guys either recycled from other clubs or from state leagues. We can't fill our list with Magner's and Couch's because as you'll notice if they aren't up to it then it doesn't help you.

I'm thinking.

Pick 2 - draft unless an absolute top liner is available

Priority pick - Trade

2nd round pick Potential trade

Other draft picks - Draft

Add free agent Cross

Add a mature player or free agent

• Like 1

Stokes has a new deal

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-21/stoked-to-sign-on

Joel Corey will retire at the end of the season, Enright will stay on as one of the all time greats and retire in the next couple.

???????

The other guys will be picked up by the Melbourne Bears, the MFC has better things to do.

Michael Rischitelli won the Lions B & F before he moved to Gold Coast....

Didn't Junior go straight from our B&F to GW$?

Beamer.

Dont you love the silly season.....99% innuendo and speculation 1% fact

Please tell which is the 1 %?

• Like 1

I'd be thrilled with an outcome of

out

pick 2

pick 20

Mark Jamar

in

Daniel cross ( DFA )

Rory sloane ( trade for pick 2, would like some steak knives too but don't think they'd allow that )

Taylor Adams (offer long term deal and convince to walk to draft if not traded for pick 20 )

Anthony Miles ( trade for mark jamar)

• Like 1

Why would you want Jolly for experience when we have Jamar at much the same age and also 'All-Australian'? Great idea to have us start next year with 7 players on the interchange as well but i am confident the other 17 Clubs would oppose it!

Why would you want Jolly for experience when we have Jamar at much the same age and also 'All-Australian'? Great idea to have us start next year with 7 players on the interchange as well but i am confident the other 17 Clubs would oppose it!

I have six and if you knew anything about footy you would know on sundays you have six on the interchange and i never said get rid of Jamar but i was talking to Jack Fitzpatrick and even he said it would be good to get Jolly, Jamar doesn't have premiership experience ever.

Edited by thedeeman