Eade not coaching next year ...

S.R.J

Would love it too be choco and for it to come out that "the interview didn't go well" was a false leak that we put out on purpose. Would be very un Melbourne. Although "interview went poorly but he is all that is left" is very Melbourne so...

Many who interview well turn out to be little more than good interviewees. I'm certain Mark Neeld would have been brilliant in an interview.

• Like 1

See that annoys me, the interview process is abit silly imo, Neeld from all reports interviewed flawlessly and how did that turn out? Choco's record speaks for itself, he has nothing to prove interview wise, the only thing we need to ask him is 1. do you have the passion to have a resurgent MFC? 2. What makes you a better choice than Eade, Craig and co.

It wasn't that Neeld interviewed flawlessly, it was the morons that conducted it.
  • Like 1

It wasn't that Neeld interviewed flawlessly, it was the morons that conducted it.

well you can only play to who turns up and he nailed it.....then us !!!

Good..Didn't want Eade...Would have been great 10 years ago...

$$$ still on Roos....

I think your right WYL... 2003 04 would have been a good time to change... maybe the right time, to change... thats where we plateau'd, re the list growth. it wasn't developing since, I've just gone thru the drafts.... it looks shyte, nearly all the way back to the early 90's, excepting one here of there.

So the article suggests he's turned his back on Melbourne. Is this another example of pathetic journalism potting Melbourne at any opportunity or did we have Eade as our first choice and he genuinely made a decision to stay in a lesser role at Collingwood as opposed to the top job with us?

Fatman robinson has apparently spoken too Roos. roos now 50/50 of accepting melb job, never interested in Lions. How reliable is the fatman robbo

See that annoys me, the interview process is abit silly imo, Neeld from all reports interviewed flawlessly and how did that turn out? Choco's record speaks for itself, he has nothing to prove interview wise, the only thing we need to ask him is 1. do you have the passion to have a resurgent MFC? 2. What makes you a better choice than Eade, Craig and co.

look I understand what you are saying, but people are interviewed for key, high level positions all the time in the business world. There are good ways and bad ways it can be done. Even in the business world someone can impress when they should be of their league.

Regardless of how we performed under Neeld and regardless of how successful he was in that position, Neeld obviously had the runs on the board across the AFL community to be considered strongly for multiple coaching roles. I have no doubt he could have been a senior good, maybe not a premiership winning coach, but as we've seennot many are. Maybe not at Melbourne, but as we've seen, not many are. Different circumstances could have made him the right candidate.

I don't think it is the presentation or the interview process that was the problem. Neil Craig has said a number of times "Melbourne needs to decide what type of coach it wants/needs". I don't think we understood what type of coach we needed last time.

In my opinion, we thought we needed a defensive minded coach with experience at elite clubs. We thought that sort of coach could build our culture to a defensive minded club with elite standards, in line with modern footy.

What we needed was probably an experienced coach who can build culture from the ground up, who the players will respect and want to play for, and who can bring those elite standards as part of the new culture.

If we know what we need, the interview process will help us get it.

• Like 1

If Eade was not interested in the job, why interview? It's more than likely his turn around is a result of being told he is no longer in the running. I think Choco is a better option!

Eade has always been too worried about getting knocked back by us, it started by saying he won't be interviewed - but would be open for a chat.

Now he has been interviewed, he has pulled out when he realized he may not get the job.

So happy we didn't get Eade, he has a losers mentality.

Winners don't care if people knock them back and Eade has spent the whole time more worried about himself.

Not a successful coach anyway.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.