Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

I seriously doubt Clarkson will lose any sleep over their replies.

I didn't siuggest he would, in fact I think he would cut out the articles, lay them on his bed and roll around in them with joy. I am just interested to see Brand Hird fire up the publicity machine and start throwing the hand grenades.

Clarko is absolutely spot on. he gets it.

Clarko gets a bit of flak for his temper, but he makes a helluva lot of sense in this article.

I look forward to the fallout from many who won't want to hear it!

About time too....

I do wonder what Hanke will tweet about it, slamming Clark, Brand Hird dad as well...

After his last outburst I would suggest Hanke's currency in all this is pretty low.

I am sure Little would have discussed with the golden boy that moving forward involves jettisoning loose cannons like Hanke's.

Clarko is absolutely spot on. he gets it.

Good to see someone in his position saying that.

About time too....

I do wonder what Hanke will tweet about it, slamming Clark, Brand Hird dad as well...

all very interesting.

but why didnt he make these comments last year?

i was very disappointed that the AFL family all stood deathly quiet and hid under the bedcovers during the early phase of this drama.

if somebody came out last year and threw petrol on the fire ,we may have got a different result to what we now have.

after all this drama,it would have been over much earlier and with less pain to the AFL and essendon,if somebody stood up.

players,coaching staff,administrators,afl,other clubs,anybody.

• Like 2

Clarko gets a bit of flak for his temper, but he makes a helluva lot of sense in this article.

I look forward to the fallout from many who won't want to hear it!

Clarkson was only saying what the rest of the non EFC world have believed and been saying.

His statements are spot on.

I am not sure who will deliver the "fallout".

As many have argued on here for a while the whole saga is a disgrace to the game.

• Like 1

Clarko takes aim and makes sure he keeps his nose clean by sympathising with Vlad in this Caroline Wilson article Game was 'ambushed'

So, Caro is still alive (in her own little way): I will be waiting to see "Tankers Torment Tigrs"

After his last outburst I would suggest Hanke's currency in all this is pretty low.

I am sure Little would have discussed with the golden boy that moving forward involves jettisoning loose cannons like Hanke's.

I would have thought his currency was at it's lowest after the James is "heroic" line.

If the Hanke comes out all guns blazing that conversation with Little has not happened or fell on Brand Hirds ears Rhino?

Well I wouldn't think Hanke could be so stupid to pull a ridiculous PR stunt like that.

1. How would Hanke possibly in a position to undermine Little about a conversation that he was a party?

2. Why would Hird use a witless attack dog like Hanke against the Club that has gone for broke to back him and pay him a $1m a year? Especially when Little has said they're in regular contact and Little seems to be mentoring the poor golden boy.

3. Given point 2 what benefit is there for Hanke or his client to attack Little in the Press?

Hanke has not worked out that the world has moved on and his recent media performance has highlighted how out of the picture he is

Now I'm just worried that with Kennett and Franklin gone and Clarkson making measured, sensible contributions to football politics, I might end up liking Hawthorn. In the past, there has always been a good reason to find them at the very least irritating.

• Like 1

Now I'm just worried that with Kennett and Franklin gone and Clarkson making measured, sensible contributions to football politics, I might end up liking Hawthorn. In the past, there has always been a good reason to find them at the very least irritating.

You'll get over that when we start beating them.

all very interesting.

but why didnt he make these comments last year?

i was very disappointed that the AFL family all stood deathly quiet and hid under the bedcovers during the early phase of this drama.

if somebody came out last year and threw petrol on the fire ,we may have got a different result to what we now have.

after all this drama,it would have been over much earlier and with less pain to the AFL and essendon,if somebody stood up.

players,coaching staff,administrators,afl,other clubs,anybody.

I think one of the points of the article was that Clarko had been to Harvard Business School in the break. I imagine there when they talk of leadership etc he thought of this issue. Now he is back he feels he needed to speak out about it.

Its a cosy place the AFL. No-one likes to rock the boat. But Clarko is now seeing a bigger picture courtesy of his education. The fact he is now a 2 time premiership player probably also helps. He is unlikely to be pilloried. Imagine if he lost last years GF - he might be under more pressure for making those statements,

It also doesn't hurt that he s supporting Dimwit.

Just sayin...

• Like 1

We are going around in circles somewhat.

121 pages, 3025 posts.

I think I;ll wait now to see what officially happens.

I hadn't even noticed. Do you think Essendon will be charged?

• Like 1

ASADA CEO, Aurora Andruska announces her retirement to take effect in May.

Strange goings-on in ASADA lately. Hard to know what to make of it.

Walked before she was pushed IMO WJ

IMO the new government has looked at ASADA and said this mob is incompetent.

They have put a Judge in charge then the CEO walks.

• Like 1

Walked before she was pushed IMO WJ

IMO the new government has looked at ASADA and said this mob is incompetent.

They have put a Judge in charge then the CEO walks.

Squeezed out, I suspect.

I'm sure she'll have to sign some sort of confidentiality document before she gets her golden handshake.

we often joke about it but Sports carries SO much weight here in OZ as compared many other countries.

we are somewhat unique