Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Guest José Mourinho

Did we dodge a bullet or what?

I deleted my post yesterday, but I'll say it again -- maybe there's a very good reason we didn't even bother interviewing all the players that were drafted top 5.

Guest José Mourinho

i know right? who would've thought that years down the track the recruiters would have such foresight. :mellow: .

Honestly

Obviously you don't think the club could've been aware that such a player was susceptible without conducting an interview, but I see differently.

Warning signs are warning signs.

It's quite easy to test for peptides etc.

Just measure muscle mass in all players and look for unusualincreases.

It's quite clear that some players have developed extraordinary bodies in a quick time.

I remember when the Williams sisters first arrived on the scene. They had muscles that Cale Morton would dream about.

Remember the before and after photos of Dean Lukin? Wow.

Not making any allegations but it took Charles Atlas quite a few years to build his body and we now have people getting a battery ram body over night.

Very sus in my book.

Guest José Mourinho

Well that sounds like a highly scientific method recommended by a professional medical expert...

You sure muscle mass can't be increased at "unusual" rates without the use of peptides?

Heard this morning that officials/coaches are also prohibited from using banned drugs according to AFL rules, its not just limited to the players. If this is the case, then Dank's interview landed the bombers in hot water. Perhaps their playing list wont be banned but surley they'll be taken to the cleaners?!

Although the investigation is turning into a keystone cops effort, with the recovery leading up to the anzac day clash being scrutined, in a similar way that they singled out the richmond game for our saga

Heard this morning that officials/coaches are also prohibited from using banned drugs according to AFL rules, its not just limited to the players. If this is the case, then Dank's interview landed the bombers in hot water. Perhaps their playing list wont be banned but surley they'll be taken to the cleaners?!

Although the investigation is turning into a keystone cops effort, with the recovery leading up to the anzac day clash being scrutined, in a similar way that they singled out the richmond game for our saga

I heard that too

It makes sense for illicit drugs but it doesn't make sense for peds for non athletes

peds (wada proscribed substances) can and are used for therapeutic and non-performance purposes. they are available in many common over the counter substances

surely a coach shouldn't need to check every substance he may be prescribed or takes inadvertently as part of everyday consumption

and why ban coaches if you don't test them

I can understand if peds are found at a sporting club that a coach could say they are mine not the players but a ban on all peds on the premises (including team travel) regardless would cover that

coaches deliberately taking peds (for non-therapeutic reasons) and working with footballers is not good though

Just looking on the ASADA website to check substances and to see if there are differences in the laws between being a player and a coach and it seems that the info you heard is correct.

Though i obviously didn't get to check all the substances i just checked some of the ones being mentioned in the last week or so.

I just wish we had more information on the matter, instead of 40 pages of speculation.

Its High time that our sports administrators were regularly tested for Illegal substances, drugs & supplements in their bodies.

I have heard it many times that presidents &/or CEO's from other clubs have taken drugs like Cocaine etc.

How can we expect the decision makers to make balanced decisions to keep our sport clean if they are also into it.

Its time to have our presidents & CEO's & the Commission tested with hair samples & blood tests to be stored for testing now, & at later dates.

Its High time that our sports administrators were regularly tested for Illegal substances, drugs & supplements in their bodies.

I have heard it many times that presidents &/or CEO's from other clubs have taken drugs like Cocaine etc.

How can we expect the decision makers to make balanced decisions to keep our sport clean if they are also into it.

Its time to have our presidents & CEO's & the Commission tested with hair samples & blood tests to be stored for testing now, & at later dates.

Without necessarily disagreeing with you, perhaps it might be better to start with surgeons, pilots, train drivers, judges and anyone else who makes critical decisions.

Wise decision Mr Moderator given they threaten to sue anyone who reproduces the claims.

But would it be safe to say 'enter the following words into your search engine to find the article in question' in the future? Will you allow that? (In the current case, the names of a couple of authors and the player's name are sufficient.)

Wilson being sued."Happy Happy Joy Joy..."

If this happens WYL ill put another round on your tab:

- 1 pint of your choice of beer, 1 tequila shot if we are found to have no case to answer too

- 1 pint of your choice of beer, 1 tequila shot if Caroline Wilson is sued by a club (extra shot if its Melbourne)

• Like 1

If this happens WYL ill put another round on your tab:

- 1 pint of your choice of beer, 1 tequila shot if we are found to have no case to answer too

- 1 pint of your choice of beer, 1 tequila shot if Caroline Wilson is sued by a club (extra shot if its Melbourne)

count me in i'll have a shout to.

• Like 2

I find it quite ironic that the mods on this site find it necessary (and quite rightly so) to suppress posts about rumours of the alleged activities of a certain (opposition) player and his future at his own club while a so called "leading newspaper" in this town allows its own journalists to routinely publish rumour and innuendo about other clubs.

Why do they allow Wilson for instance to write that "Melbourne will be harshly punished. Cameron Schwab and Chris Connolly will be finished at the club" (back in November) well before the outcome of the tanking investigation is known, indeed before charges are laid and those in question are allowed to defend themselves. Similar attacks have been mounted on Essendon and its officials and coaches on the drug allegations before the facts have come out and an investigation taken place.

Why does an alleged drug cheat with an already chequered history and his club get more protection than respected figures in the game?

• Like 1