My 3 word player analysis V The Swans

joeboy

I think a lot of people need to take off the rose coloured glasses.

At 3 quarter time, it was 50 inside 50s to 20 and 31 scoring shots to 13. That's Neeld'esqe. We were smashed at the centre clearances. We had about 140 less possessions. Sydney lost Reid very early, and were only just going. I think there were absolutely some positive signs, and I am loving our ball movement and improved foot skills. But that was at least an 80 point loss most days.

Neil Craig felt the scoreline flattered us as well.

why don't you take off the terrd coloured glasses you are obviously sporting?

25 i50s in the second half, thats an average number and its against the reigning premiers. 'Neeld-esqe' my arse

We had 41 less disposals, so you messed that up by 99.

to say 'at least 80 points' is the comment of somebody who is so brow-beaten by our recent history that they cannot see what has happened on the field, or somebody who simply has no clue about footy and is looking at a stats sheet.

at least 80 huh.. so instead of 16.20, they should have kicked 26.10

they missed about 5 easy goals, and the umpires cost us at least 3. Ten of their 16 goals came from three short bursts totalling about 15 minutes. We smashed them for the other 105 minutes that a football game is composed of. It is obvious to everyone else that some turnovers and lack of experience allowed them to fully capitilise and hurt us at times.

oh and youve conveniently mentioned reid was off but not Frawley, that's interesting

it would have been nice to have our full forward in too, to balance up with the 202cm convicted cheat wearing a cling-wrap jumper and the emptiest of boofheads I've seen at the other end

• Like 1

Work in progress, a good change from the Neeld game plan, players seem to like to more attacking style, we should have got smashed but we didnt. No point worrying about what could of been, need to deal with what was. Good improvement but as always our turnovers are and centre clearances are killing up big time. Need more grunt and dogged determination in the mid field and need more chasing and tackling. We have all canned players only to retract that sometime later, whether its Garland, Frawley, Watts, Fitzy, etc... We need all of our players on our list trying to better themselves, if we can get over our costly turnovers and improve delivery we will win more games than we loose, maybe not this year but in years to come. I want to be able to be cheering for Dunn, Nicholson, Peterson etc.. because they are capable else they would not be where they are, they are just not producing at the moment, hopefully their time is coming.

I'll never understand why posters use these thread as a chance to have a crack at Joeboy.

I think people should take it as its offered and use it as a platform to discuss player performance on the day - not the poster who offered his take.

• Like 6

I'll never understand why posters use these thread as a chance to have a crack at Joeboy.

Indeed! Although Joeboy might find consolation in the words of Mr O. Wilde, along the lines of "the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about".

I agree with most of it, i'd be seriously considering giving toumpas a run at casey and bringing in one of the players yet to debut to have a look at

I'm realistic , and say it as I see it.

Had Sydney kicked straight we'd have lost by over 100 points

Joeboy, I like and enjoy your clever 3 word comments BUT saying that we would have lost by over 100 points is as LOGICAL as me saying that if we had scored 20 goals straight instead of 13.7 we would have WON!

• Like 1

I agree with most of it, i'd be seriously considering giving toumpas a run at casey and bringing in one of the players yet to debut to have a look at

I don't think Toumpas is struggling that badly. I think the best place for him is at AFL level coming to grips with the pressure and pace of the game.

Davis might get a chance if Frawley doesn't come up, and I'd be thinking maybe of Taggert instead of Nicholson.

• Like 1

anyone instead of Nicholson :huh:

• Like 1

I don't think Toumpas is struggling that badly. I think the best place for him is at AFL level coming to grips with the pressure and pace of the game.

Davis might get a chance if Frawley doesn't come up, and I'd be thinking maybe of Taggert instead of Nicholson.

I had automatically assumed Frawley would be replaced by Pedersen or Sellar. I much prefer the idea of playing Davis. I've seen what Pedersen and Seller bring and it's nothing special (I"m being overly complimentary there).

And while Nicholson's disposal was poor against the Swans, I'd still keep him in the side to run with Selwood.