The Trade/Draft Rumour Mill

MadAsHell

Yes and I still think it's Crows we will be doing the deal with!

you think we can get SLoane fr pick 2?

Id rather Crouch but would love either

Its actually semi realsitic depenfing on how badly the Crows wantt Aish and his family history to stay at the club

you think we can get SLoane fr pick 2?

Id rather Crouch but would love either

Its actually semi realsitic depenfing on how badly the Crows wantt Aish and his family history to stay at the club

I could not fathom the crows trading crouch or sloane

• Like 1

I think we will know in the next couple of days whether we have a trade for pick 2. Can't see it being strung out, the club said they would look at offers over the weekend and I'm sure that would also involve the SANFL GF.

Don't think much will happen in the short term, Viney commented that there would be a kind of speed-dating session on the first day, so presumably will follow on from that. Also, suspect that we may need to wait to see what we get for Sylvia before we commit too much.

But ... could be very wrong on both counts.

Don't think much will happen in the short term, Viney commented that there would be a kind of speed-dating session on the first day, so presumably will follow on from that. Also, suspect that we may need to wait to see what we get for Sylvia before we commit too much.

But ... could be very wrong on both counts.

When do we find out what the compo is for col leaving?

Word today - two clubs very interested in attempting to win pick 2.

west coast 'entertaining' idea of shuey trade.

Doesn't guarantee it will happen but I trust the source.

remember this post :)

• Like 3

If they were trading Sloane, he would know by now and it would be given as a long chance to his many friends and relatives.

He has been back in town for 2 weeks now. Its a joke and now embarrassing.

If only it were true! We would have at least 100 new members I reckon. Better luck winning Tatts.

As earlier pointed out, if the rumours on Rory being traded are typical of the fanatical bs on this thread, its shameful.

I reckon no one who has posted here has a clue what deals are being struck, and more likely there just isnt anything happening.

That scares me.

I reckon about 4% of planned or negotiated trades actually happen. the AFL isn't as trade happy as other sports. Players generally only leave for a few reasons. money, pushed out, hate coach or want success.

I have no doubt there are truthes behind some rumours but an intension to seek a trade from one of two parties doesn't equate to a successful completed trade.

Edited by Norm Smith's Curse

nice back peddling :)

although not convincing...

Point taken. Amended accordingly, but a very marginal difference if I might say so. I obviously need to be more precise with my words in the future...

At least I admit it when I may be wrong, or at leat misleading, which is more than you can say for most on this site.

I do say though this is nitpicking - my overall point in my view is still very relevant I.e. we are better off putting our effort into the high draft pick/high potential players (like Fitzy) now that we have excellent coaching than trading them now for has-beens when they have little value. We should not underestimate how much damage our appallingly bad coaching has done to our current playing group in the last 5 years. If we can get an overall 40-50% improvement from our playing group next year, which I don't think is beyond the new coaching set up at all, we will make the 8. If we recruit well and add three or four quality mid fielders to the group, and keep the likes of Dawes, Clark, Hogan, Viney, Grimes fit and firing (unlike this year) we could even go well into September. I know we are coming from a long way back, but I maintain this was largely from our own incompetence, not the fundamental athletic and football ability of our players.

Time will tell I suppose , but I think there is great room for optimism. We are not in the position where we need a huge clean out (although some of the has-beens recruited by Neeld should go and some have). The elite athletes who have come to us as high draft picks should be developed not traded. That is my fundamental point.

W have already cleared 7 positions, D2014. And I think a couple more to come.

That's a clean out.

And I would like 3 mids too to put into the team. But what assets do we have to move?

ND2, ND21, ND22 (hopefully), and some players of value. You have to give something to get something and we need a midfield.

• Like 1

W have already cleared 7 positions, D2014. And I think a couple more to come.

That's a clean out.

And I would like 3 mids too to put into the team. But what assets do we have to move?

ND2, ND21, ND22 (hopefully), and some players of value. You have to give something to get something and we need a midfield.

I did say we had already let some go. My point was we have a number of high draft picks who are underperforming but with first class coaching will improve greatly. Better for us to do that than trade them for low value because of our lack of credibility. In my view we have plenty of opportunity to trade picks, and draft sensibly, to build a great midfield. We also have a number of underperforming players who will turn into good midfielders with great coaching. We are not in a good position to drive a hard bargains except with our high picks. Trading players will return us little value, but making them play better has huge upside.

I would also say that most of the projected top 20 in this year's draft appear to be potential top quality midfielders. It may make sense to recruit a couple of those to get some elite players, and with our remaining picks get some Barlow-like mature age, hard bodied mids who will be set to go immediately. Roos had a history of doing that brilliantly at the swans, I see no reason why he wouldn't repeat the dose for us.

Edited by Dees2014

Am I only the only poster on Demonland who doesn't have a source or access to somebody in the know?

No there are a few of us left

With all the contacts alleged its amazing we need 70 plus pages to get any idea of what is happening

And we still dont know!

• Like 1

When do we find out what the compo is for col leaving?

after all the trading is finished. Any compo is reliant on us having a residual as to FA.

He isn't going anywhere and never was, as has been said multiple times. People still want to talk about it like he is though.

Bought a house, Mum moved to WA, Club sees leadership role etc... Surely these facts should put anything to do with Shuey to bed.

Next.

• Like 1

Bought a house, Mum moved to WA, Club sees leadership role etc... Surely these facts should put anything to do with Shuey to bed.

Next.

Add to that the fact that the club really stood by him and looked after him when his sister passed away. Luke came out and said last year (?) that he would never leave the club after everything they did for him at that time and there is every reason to believe him.

Some people just like to ignore facts I guess.

• Like 2

From the club website:

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2013-10-07/trade-winds-monday

Makes mention of a couple of Swans players in a package and mentions Nick Smith. Could be worth noting, especially seeing as Chris Pelchan has said Saints aren't trading Pick 3. Could Parker be the other player?

Maybe it's Pick 2 for Smith & Parker?

From the club website:

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2013-10-07/trade-winds-monday

Makes mention of a couple of Swans players in a package and mentions Nick Smith. Could be worth noting, especially seeing as Chris Pelchan has said Saints aren't trading Pick 3. Could Parker be the other player?

Maybe it's Pick 2 for Smith & Parker?

I am going to assume the other player is Hannebery

I know it's way off but damn it's a nice thought to think of Hannebery in the red and blue

• Like 2