Great....Web Meltdown... :)

news just in

Essendon pleads guilty

AFL, shuts down their website for a total of 71 hours

orders all supporters to look shocked and angry

tells president to be defiant

and hird must not play hille , bellchambers and ryder in same team again

case closed

I wonder if WADA has the ability to over rule the AFL and ASADA should it deem any penalties insufficient ?

I agree with you. My point, though, is that I'm not sure anyone knows whether the stuff the players took actually does anything at all.

This would be unfortunate for Esssendon and I would lmao.

Not sure about that. I have no doubt they intended to boost their player development but I'm not yet convinced that anything taken (legal or not) has actually been proven to improve performance or player development.

Does the Wade Lees case set some sort of precedent?

He bought stuff, didn't know it was banned, didn't get within a mile of it & got rubbed out.

I wonder if WADA has the ability to over rule the AFL and ASADA should it deem any penalties insufficient ?

It can appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) All signatories to the WADA code recognise the jurisdiction of the CAS in Anti-doping rule violations.

• Like 1

Appently you are allowed to take banned drug in certain AFL team and rven admit in doing so without a penalty.

If that is not a green light to other players to take similar action I don't know what is.

I guess most Clubs actually care for their players and reputation while other Clubs will do what ever it takes to WIN.

Under those condition I not sure if the MFC can win its 13 Flag.

• Like 1

I fervently hope WADA doesn't allow this sham !!

• Like 1

Iterim report. How the afl can punish on this basis is beyond me.

Players wont be charged till final report.

this also occurred to me especially as the new poers are invoked

Iterim report. How the afl can punish on this basis is beyond me.

Players wont be charged till final report.

Of course you can't punish but the AFL can state they will investigate the incident themselves or lay charges if appropriate as well as indicate what penalties may be imposed if the Club or persons assocated with the Club are found guilty.

Good to see we aren't the only ones curious as to the way its going. Even those in the biz seem confounded by the nature of its development .

WTF is the AFL commission doing in all of this? This is the biggest scandal to hit the sport in probably 150 years. The Commission are custodians of the game. We haven't heard a word from them. Its a far king disgrace

What is Mike Fitzpatrick doing?? What is avid Essendon supporter Linda Dessau doing sitting up there in judgement on Essendon?? Bill Kelty is supposedly absenting himself from discussions about Essendon being an avid Essendon supporter himself but who knows what is going on.

They are asleep at the wheel. At a time when the game needs a strong statement about where it sits on drugs in sport and cheating it is doing nothing but hiding behind an ASADA report and letting Dimwit make public utterances. He should have nothing to do with this, It should be the Commission itself. And if they aren't taking the lead on this then WTF are they doing?? What is their job/role?

I can't believe no one in media land is screaming about this.

If this was a company then the Chairman of the Board (ie: Fitzpatrick) would be front and centre in sorting out the mess. The AFL are a joke.

• Like 1

Don't know how to do this stuff but I will try:

(Slight bias toward the Guilty Party)

ROFLMAO

Here the Essendon version

Nobody can say we at the MFC don't encourage open discussion.

Edited by TheBigFrog
  • Like 1

I think Essendon will distance itself from this type of campaign in the future.

Can anybody spot the edit/modification to the video?

Edited by TheBigFrog

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.