GAME DAY - Round 12

A top Coach is going to rip this list apart.

Half of them don't work. Nothing to do with skill or experience.

thats called culture WYL & is a reason why the list was ripped apart last year. the rot is not gone just Yet.

Mcevoy put his head down and ran into Spencer. I know players have a duty of care to other players heads but players have to have a duty of care to themselves. Leading with the head was mcevoys choice, what were Spencers? Get out of his way and let him have the ball, lead with his head or stop. Should have been play on, if mcevoy won't look after himself why should Spencer gift him the ball?

What actually happened to Dawes? Punch? I hope someone cleans up simpkin in the second half.

JIMMY TOUMPAS HAS BEEN THE WORST START TO A CAREER I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME. He can't lay a tackle, always looks limp in the body. Given up 2 goals purely from him lack of impact on two contests. The can kick a ball, just needs to get the pill. All up from here.

Why is it that every other recruit can put his body on the line from the start but Melbourne players are always so timid?

I'm sick of making excuses.

Why is it that Melbourne supporters expect every new recruit to come in and throw his body around, and then if he hasn't done it by 5 games he is branded soft?

I've seen some good stuff from Toump, he doesn't shirk contests even though he might not go in like Jack Viney.

it would be 23 points the difference if Saint Kilda weren't handed a free goal in the 1st quarter when Koshitke dropped the ball in the goal square and the maggot umpire called it too high

Mcevoy put his head down and ran into Spencer. I know players have a duty of care to other players heads but players have to have a duty of care to themselves. Leading with the head was mcevoys choice, what were Spencers? Get out of his way and let him have the ball, lead with his head or stop. Should have been play on, if mcevoy won't look after himself why should Spencer gift him the ball?

What actually happened to Dawes? Punch? I hope someone cleans up simpkin in the second half.

But these days the player is meant to leave them selves open or turn and try and side tackle them.

He braced and copped him on top of th head.

thats called culture WYL & is a reason why the list was ripped apart last year. the rot is not gone just Yet.

I reckon a lot of the rot is gone, but it will now take time to develop the right culture with what is remaining.

This is the calmest I have been in a long time.

I know that with a decent coach, and two-three good mids to help Jones, we will be ok.

Yes we are losing and yes St Kilda are no good, but this is one of the most enjoyable games I've been to in a long time.

P.S.- thanks for Pederson Neeld.

• Like 1

But these days the player is meant to leave them selves open or turn and try and side tackle them.

He braced and copped him on top of th head.

watch it on slow motion, he tried to move past him. Regardless the player must have a duty of care to himself, and choosing to lead with the head disregards that.

Watch the hodge v murphy(?) Collision from last week, both played collided but tried to protect themselves, that's what players should do.

JIMMY TOUMPAS HAS BEEN THE WORST START TO A CAREER I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME. He can't lay a tackle, always looks limp in the body. Given up 2 goals purely from him lack of impact on two contests. The can kick a ball, just needs to get the pill. All up from here.

Well I LOLed.

Good rant sir. The man in the white coats are waiting to take you away now.

• Like 1

Give it a rest mate. How about giving him more than a couple of games to settle in?

Comparing him to Morton is ridiculous at this stage.

django, a little bit of negative critique will only motivate him to prove us wrong, however if we pamper, & pump him up, he may turn, into another bennell.

1. Great attack on the ball by Watts

2. Garland is a champ

3. McDonald, Terlich, Kent are looking good. Loved Kent's chase

4. The disposal efficiency of Dawes is much better than I remember it being

5. The "experienced players" are just BAD, in particular Pederson. Can we please stop playing them? Neeld is no longer here. No need to save face anymore by playing them. Give the young players a run over these guys so we can at least find out who to keep.

it would be 23 points the difference if Saint Kilda weren't handed a free goal in the 1st quarter when Koshitke dropped the ball in the goal square and the maggot umpire called it too high

Actually it should probably be 11 points the difference if you take away that stupid 50m penalty against Dawes, and the free to Riewoldt 10 metres out!!!

django, a little bit of negative critique will only motivate him to prove us wrong, however if we pamper, & pump him up, he may turn, into another bennell.

or we could support the kid and give him a chance to develop first...

• Like 1

Actually it should probably be 11 points the difference if you take away that stupid 50m penalty against Dawes, and the free to Riewoldt 10 metres out!!!

yeah true

St Kilda are a joke and need all the help they can get

they will be worse than us in 2014