• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Casey Scorpions v Coburg

KC from Casey

Definitely Luke, did josh even play?

Josh played. Taggert didn't play.

Dom Barry payed well early.

Andrew Nichol (Backline coach) was very critical of Gillies and was giving him a constuctive earfull at 3qtr time.

Saw Frawley, McKenzie and Toumpas together at the game. Seemed a happy group.

Nicholson was out having a kick at half time.

And your hogan report ?

Huge work rate, double & tripple leads all day, turns his man inside out when playing high & works hard to double back to the square, very quick & agile for his size, extremely strong overhead, high footy IQ just knows what's going on around him, doesn't take any [censored] with a hint of arrogance, poor to average set shot action- needs work.

• Like 2

Well I'm gonna put the ultimate heresy out there ... we've got Clark (depending on his recovery) and Dawes forward and the world's worst midfiled, Freo is in dire need of a key forward, relying on the aging, injured Pav and Hogan is from WA. Would we consider a trade - Hogan for Fyfe?

I've thought the exact same thing, too scared to mention here!

Did anyone here, hear Keith Hillier on SEN bagging Hogan for his set shot routine?

He hasn't even played a game of AFL yet and the know all's are bagging him already....

Maybe they should pick on the leading goal kicker in the AFL (Josh Kennedy) about how flawed his kicking style is....

• Like 1

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

I like your thinking focusing on our mid issue, but maybe you should be offering one fo the other key forwards (Clark or Dawes) not Hogan.

Might be talking Mundy or Barlow for Clark or Dawes.

Well if we get a priority pick, how about we just trade pick 1 (Thomas Boyd) to Freo for Fyfe + pick or to Brisbane for Rich + pick??

I firmly believe it would be poor form for us to trade Hogan. The kid has already proven himself at VFL level, which is something we cannot really saying about some of the others in the draft. Plus, he is the type of Forward that does not come along very often and would prove a fantastic partner for Watts in the forward line for the long term.

Clark and Dawes are in their mid 20's we need someone there when they are on the way out. Lets not make the same mistake we made in the Daniher era when we traded away picks for experienced players, and leave ourselves with an even bigger hole in the future.

Edited by pm24

Did anyone here, hear Keith Hillier on SEN bagging Hogan for his set shot routine?He hasn't even played a game of AFL yet and the know all's are bagging him already....Maybe they should pick on the leading goal kicker in the AFL (Josh Kennedy) about how flawed his kicking style is....

Hogan is a freak! The guy can turn a game on its head in the space of 10 min but the reality is he's not a good set shot at goal. He's obviously aware of this because the last 3 times I've seen him play he's had a different approach at goal, he also misses easy goals that you and I could kick. Its probably his only weakness & I'm sure in time he'll sort it out.

• Like 1

Well if we get a priority pick, how about we just trade pick 1 (Thomas Boyd) to Freo for Fyfe + pick or to Brisbane for Rich + pick??

I firmly believe it would be poor form for us to trade Hogan. The kid has already proven himself at VFL level, which is something we cannot really saying about some of the others in the draft. Plus, he is the type of Forward that does not come along very often and would prove a fantastic partner for Watts in the forward line for the long term.

Clark and Dawes are in their mid 20's we need someone there when they are on the way out. Lets not make the same mistake we made in the Daniher era when we traded away picks for experienced players, and leave ourselves with an even bigger whole in the future.

Yes that's another idea well worth considering - look there's a fair chance we'll have pick 1 anyway, definitely pick 2.

Hogan is a freak! The guy can turn a game on its head in the space of 10 min but the reality is he's not a good set shot at goal. He's obviously aware of this because the last 3 times I've seen him play he's had a different approach at goal, he also misses easy goals that you and I could kick. Its probably his only weakness & I'm sure in time he'll sort it out.

It's all mental Matt,....Take away the goal posts and he would never miss....

So you have only just turned 18 and come straight into the second best footy comp in the country as well have you.

There is nothing wrong with Hogan's kicking, he kicked 4, any forward would die for 4 goals a game, his kicking action is not text book, neither is Josh Kennedy's, if he keeps it and comes into the AFL and kicks 4 a game he can take the first couple of steps backwards for all I care.

• Like 1

What would he be aiming at?

I used to pretend I was kicking to a team mate on the other side of the fence therefore taking the goalposts out of the equasion .....You kick to teammates at training and hardly ever miss completely...

I think too many players are so worried about missing that they don't kick normally

Just a thought....

• Like 1

Pressed post too early. I would be intrigued at what will happen come end of season. We have players like taggert, tynan, Strauss, blease, Davis who all show strong vfl form, and have had 2-4 seasons on the list. Throw in some players like couch, magner, Rodan, sellar, gillies, jetta, bail and tapscott who all seem to be treading water and not taking the next step. Unfortunately it seems there could be another big cull at seasons end.

I used to pretend I was kicking to a team mate on the other side of the fence therefore taking the goalposts out of the equasion .....You kick to teammates at training and hardly ever miss completely...

I think too many players are so worried about missing that they don't kick normally

Just a thought....

Sounds a good system Bossdog. I was just being a bit silly. He has the time to get the technique right and do the number of required repetitions to ingrain it.

Sounds a good system Bossdog. I was just being a bit silly. He has the time to get the technique right and do the number of required repetitions to ingrain it.

Chap, this is a storm in a teacup, started by one or two posters on here who probably coach an Under 9's team and have decided his kicking action is not 'textbook', not sure how many he has kicked up to now, but got to be at least in the twenties so averaging 2 a game.

I have watched a few Casey games already this season, and can't wait to see him run out next season for MFC

Clark and Dawes are in their mid 20's we need someone there when they are on the way out. Lets not make the same mistake we made in the Daniher era when we traded away picks for experienced players, and leave ourselves with an even bigger hole in the future.

This is an option.

Trading Hogan is not.

its nothing to do with a run up, its more about balance when kicking, ball drop, leg swing and timing when kicking, the run up is just something players need in order to build momentum, he could walk backwards for all i care, but if the ball drop is right then it will work. i think hogan has a bit of an issue with timing the football onto his boot, from a bit of a high ball drop i think, but have not seen enough of him to make a clear decision

I think first priority is to pick up the best available mid through free agency and draft the best mid with our number one or 2 pick (although if we get number one put it on the market for Boyd). All other picks including the priority pick we should get can be put on the market for trade.

In theory that would be nice, but I doubt freo or the lions would give up such quality players + picks, even for the rights to Boyd. Clubs rarely trade out their best players, and when they do, its usually because they want out (most commonly to return to their home state, which VIC isn't for either of these players).

Furthermore, if a trade like this was to go ahead... in the process of giving up pick 1 to a team that want a high quality KPF (Boyd), we are also giving up the opportunity to draft Aish (who has drawn comparisons to cotchin) who would be snapped up by GWS at pick 2. To give up the opportunity to draft such highly rated players, the reward for us would have to be ridiculously in our favour, which won't be the case.

Edit: in the event that we finish last and acquire pick 1 & 2, I would be open to trading the rights for Boyd as long as we received a quality midfielder + first round pick in the trade.

Edited by Nascent

Yes that's another idea well worth considering - look there's a fair chance we'll have pick 1 anyway, definitely pick 2.

Do we need one "elite" mid or do we need 2 or 3 A/B graders? It's also more "doable". We have Viney, Toumpas and perhaps another early pick mid this year but we are desperate for depth.

It's definitely a good line of thinking. Much will depend on Clark's recovery.

Edited by Baghdad Bob

What would he be aiming at?

you draw imaginary goalposts in your mind, then you steady and try to kick the ball through them

most people who practise this system say they hardly miss

CASUAL CASEY by KC from Casey

The Casey Scorpions retained their place in the upper echelons of the VFL ladder with a casual demolition of the Coburg Tigers yesterday. The 47-point victory keeps the Scorps in third position behind Box Hill and Geelong with all three separated only by a small amount of percentage.

The home team was in control from the outset building a 15 point lead at the first break before pressing the accelerator with a seven goal second term to march into the sheds at half time with a 44-point lead.

Coburg rallied to an extent after the main break and managed to limit the damage as Casey strolled its way casually through the last half to add to its ascendency by a further three points. Although the windy conditions made life difficult in the second half, coach Rohan Welsh would have been hoping that his charges could keep up the same level of pressure during that period as it did in the first half of the game but otherwise, it was a solid effort as the club moves towards the business end of the season.

Young Demon lister Jesse Hogan (it's well documented now that he cannot make his AFL debut until 2014) again underlined his sheer talent with a stellar performance that yielded four goals. He had a hand in quite a few other scoring efforts and missed a couple as well but it's hard to recall a teenager so dominant at this level. His strength is his marking but he also moves well at ground level and brings others around him into the game. His stats sheet reveals that he picked up 23 disposals, took 12 marks and kicked 4 goals 3 behinds and while some might criticise his kicking for goal, the swirly conditions did not help.

The pleasing thing for have been that many of his Scorpion listed players made huge contributions to the team cause. With Tom Couch missing through injury, Jordan Pollard (32 touches) and Mitch Gent (25) stepped into the breach to assist James Magner (26) in a dominant midfield. Tim Smith (3 goals) and Jake Best (2) were dangerous around goals.

Melbourne fans looking for a lift under the new coach would have been happy with the form of James Sellar who picked up 25 disposals) Neville Jetta worked hard as did ruckman Max Gawn (27 hit outs).

The Scorpions have an engagement at home against the Northern Blues on Saturday before an ABC television audience. These occasions are rare (and somewhat inexplicable given the team's ladder position) and fans will be expecting a better performance that their last televised match against Box Hill earlier last month.

Casey Scorpions 3.5.23 10.7.67 13.12.90 16.15.111

Coburg Tigers 1.2.8 3.5.23 5.8.38 9.10.64

Goals

Casey Scorpions Hogan 4 Smith 3 Hughes Petropoulos 2 Bail Best Gent Jetta Tapscott

Coburg Tigers McBean 2 Arnot Carnell Clifton Lonergan McDonough Nahas

Best

Casey Scorpions Hogan Gent Pollard Sellar L Tynan Jetta

Coburg Tigers Carnell Venditti Dea Derickx Arnot Clifton

The Casey Development League team had a 38 point win to move into contention for a final's place.

Casey Scorpions 2.3.15 5.8.38 12.13.85 12.18.90

Coburg Tigers 1.4.10 3.7.25 5.7.37 7.10.52

Goals

Casey Scorpions Lang 3 Boland Rosier 2 Godfrey Dearaugo Godfrey Hill Lindsay McInnes

Coburg Tigers Anderson Robinson 2 Brandt Cleary Yelland

Best

Casey Scorpions P Rosier Jackson Troutman Lindsay Lang Hill

Coburg Tigers Robertella Egglestone Drake Yelland Easton Keogh

• Like 1