WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

Source?

By the way, can someone enlighten me as to what a HOF does? What were Walsh's duties and responsibilities at Collingwood?

Not sure what he did at Collingwood but at Melbourne I believe PJ wants the GMFO as he refers to the job title to be a manager first and foremost. As in the guy who reports to the CEO about all aspects of the football department and coordinates with the coach. I think he'd have a focus on doing the administrative work required to see that the fitness guy can conduct the training he wants, to make sure the senior coach can do the same and get the things he wants for game day and also to make sure the recruiters are well staffed. Besides from that I think in the current Melbourne set up planned that list management and in particular contracts would be a priority.

As far as I know Collingwood don't have a set list manager so I presume Walsh would've been part of that process along with the recruiters and coaches.

They did pretty well in that regard but did stuff things a bit this year with Lynch, Russell and Clinton Young, but then again they didn't cost any draft picks and they have plenty of young talent coming through that they could afford a few pot shots at depth players.

Eade is such a sook, first he wanted the job but didn't want to go through an interview process.

Then he goes through and interview process and when it looks like he won't get the job - he pulls out.

All to protect poor Rodneys ego. I see why Rocket has never been a success as a coach, he is inherently weak, cannot take criticism and most likely always has to be right.

Did the exact same last year and pulled out of port coaching job last minute.

Any questions in Craig's presser about roos

there were a few, craig gave us nothing on it though,

said he has not talked with Roos, nor has he asked the players about the meeting they had with Roos.

said he has been given no news re the coaching appointment

A Selwood retired because his body wasn't up to it anymore. We are chasing Taylor Adams from GWS & Swallow from Gold Coast. A Roos signing will go a long way to getting these two quality players!

Not up to it anymore, in the Westcoast midfield.

.... but if he could help us for one season, here & there,,, he may get the 13 games for his 200, & Scott Selwood may be open to joining us as well, if he also wants to return to Victoria?

I believe Scott Selwood is 23 Yrs. handy age for our midfield group. and I'd like to have a Selwood play 100 + games, in the red & blue.

* Taylor Adams absolutely, but getting him traded to us would be very difficult IMO. I reckon the Tigers will be chasing hard as well as every other Melbourne based team.

Source?

By the way, can someone enlighten me as to what a HOF does? What were Walsh's duties and responsibilities at Collingwood?

Well connected!

Not up to it anymore, in the Westcoast midfield.

.... but if he could help us for one season, here & there,,, he may get the 13 games for his 200, & Scott Selwood may be open to joining us as well, if he also wants to return to Victoria?

I believe Scott Selwood is 23 Yrs. handy age for our midfield group. and I'd like to have a Selwood play 100 + games, in the red & blue.

* Taylor Adams absolutely, but getting him traded to us would be very difficult IMO. I reckon the Tigers will be chasing hard as well as every other Melbourne based team.

No his body isn't up to it, that means no. Like Rodan. See the video of Yarran running away from him whilst he goes up and down on the spot. He's mostly been a back pocket anyway.

If we want the experience mid then Cross is a much better example. If we need Adam Selwood to get Scott then we could try a deal like Geelong did where they put Troy (Adam's twin) in the VFL.

The tigers have the finals draw card to use, but do they have cash? And can they offer opportunity? Adams would still have to mix it with Grigg, Conca, Ellis, Foley for a game around the big 3 Tiger mids. He'd be a walk up start for 22 games at Melbourne and could still enjoy relative anonymity when living it up in Geelong in his holidays.

• Like 1

I agree with Craig but am happy to wait for Roos.

No timeline has been set on the coaching decision but as each day passes, Craig says it becomes more critical a person is put in place.

"Not to the extent of rushing the decision because the decision is too important but as each day goes past now it becomes more and more critical," Craig said.

"If that committee can make that decision as soon as they possibly can without making an error of judgment I would certainly encourage them to do that because of the amount of work and planning and other appointments that are hanging on the coaching decision."

Just for you Mitch :) when a bloke meets the leadership group change publicly declares interest you can fairly confident

I am as confident as you are, however, being a Melbourne fan I am used to so much pain and suffering. I don't want to hear that its a done deal when tomorrow Paul could turn around and say that he has decided against it.