When the board sack Neeld they should hand in their own resignations

Cheap Seats

So....What if Jackson says Neeld is the right man for the job.....I suppose DL's will want him to get the sack......???

If Jackson says "Neeld is the right man for the job" I will be saying without any fear of contradiction that Jackson is the WRONG man for the job !! I personally do not feel he can endorse Neeld regardless of how incompetent the current Board appear to be.

Most of the board an co. will go. This has very possibly been the worst managed club in the history of the AFL/VFL. Now Fitzroy did go under but they just couldn't continue with their supporter base and debts. We finally got our club out of the s*it and somehow our Administration team pulls us right back down. I want to see a board and administration who aren't just focused on their own personal gains and rather that care about the football club. For too long we've had segmented leadership and backstabbing all for what? These peoples egos have brought this club to its knees and its absolute crap. If I had the experience and know how I would go for it but really I wouldn't know what it takes but surely there are people out their that will know how to properly run a business/football club.

The board do this almost pro-bono. If you went to any of the B&F's or Hero Foundation Dinners you would see they are among the largest donators.

All of them support are care about the club. To suggest otherwise is pretty insulting. That's why they were asked by big Jim to join the club.

Please show me how their egos brought this club to its knees? I am yet to see personal vendettas, bias and from where I am standing most supporters don't like DM because he isn't charismatic enough, not in the spot light enough, doesn't have an ego - too placid and quiet.

These people know how to run businesses. Have a look at their credentials on the MFC website, and if you want to see this in effect look how they wiped out $5m of debt in 3 years during the GFC.

So Don said to you that he doesn't know what to do to fix it...Can he please leave today so we can put a sharp President in the chair, we play home games at a 100,000 seat stadium.

We share the name of the city Don.

This club should be rolling in it.

Get the right people who can run a large business. That's what the MFC must become quickly. A business, not a sunday toy.

I don't think any of them are treating this as a Sunday toy WYL. Please feel free to show me otherwise though.

• Like 2

I've heard rumblings of a ticket being put together for a challenge at the end of the season. I don't know any more than that, but it seems that its underway.

Well I'm glad to hear it, because the only thing worse than having a poorly run board, is having no one willing to replace them.

I don't disagree entirely with the OP, but we can't have a board spill mid year. The concerning thing for me is in past years at various clubs (including ours) when there has been a terrible board there has been someone leading the way with a new ticket to get in the club. This year there is no one. Is there really no one out there that's an influential Dees fan/member/past great that who wants to lead us out of these trying times?

Perhaps we have to put up with the guys we have and trust that Peter Jackson will be able to show them how a real football club is run.

That is a very shollow opinion Pates

We can fire a coach withoug thinking about the consequences and no one is to be held responisble for this aciton. Please don't think I didn't read what you've said and I am not endorsing a spill as such but someone needs to be held responisble for this mess - and there is no communication of the vision for this club

You are supporting the inept attitude that is the root of this clubs problems - we are Weak and have an extremely poor culture

And firing Neeld and supporting that decision supports the weak culture of this club

Edited by Unleash Hell

Where is Don McLardy? In these very troubled times, his silence is deafening.

I'd imagine that a few weeks ago Jackson said to the board I am doing the media circus this weekend. After that, all public utterings are from me or the coach. Everyone else should STFU until I sort this shite out

Now hang tight just a moment. Without pointing the finger at individual posters here who have changed their tone now, it's common knowledge we all felt a coach with a harder edge was necessary. Mark neeld came with not only glowing endorsement from mick malthouse and several senior collingwood players and staffers.The board then put an invitation to Neil Craig to join under the role of general manager of sports performance.. Neil Craig had offers from Brisbane, collingwood and Richmond, yet picked the role with Melbourne as the most succinct, but also the greatest challenge. We then poached Dave mission as manager of elite performance. Add to that the array of experience assistant coaches and line/development coaches, its disappointing to sit here and read quotes from posters that the board is responsible for the current uncompetitive situation which the club finds itself in.There isn't a supporter who could currently say they are happy we are 1-8 with a average losing margin of 75 points and a grand total of 6 quarters won from 36. There isn't a supporter that would say they are happy with every article about the club containing words "pathetic, rabble and irrelevant". Don't sit here and think that players don't care, that coaches don't care, that anyone involved with the club on game day doesn't care that we are so uncompetitive at this point. Do many posters here understand the hours players put in just to make it on a list? It is a fallacy to think they would do that, just to get on a list and be content with 90 point thrashings. For all WYLs rantings its only because he is frustrated with where we are at, GNF for all his doomsday talk it is equally because he is frustrated with where we are at. Rhino, jaded, young dee, old dee; the list goes on. We are all frustrated that we aren't in the top 4, that we have been smashed on and off field this year, but we must hang in together. This club has had too many splintering factions over the past decades. We can't letSupporters and members leave the club or not go go to games in protest.I apologise for this post getting emotional, I'm as frustrated as the rest of you guys.

You may be frustrated Gd, but you write a lot of sense, and with calm perspective.

• Like 1

I'd imagine that a few weeks ago Jackson said to the board I am doing the media circus this weekend. After that, all public utterings are from me or the coach. Everyone else should STFU until I sort this shite out

I hope he is a miricale worker Biff :)

The board do this almost pro-bono. If you went to any of the B&F's or Hero Foundation Dinners you would see they are among the largest donators.

All of them support are care about the club. To suggest otherwise is pretty insulting. That's why they were asked by big Jim to join the club.

Please show me how their egos brought this club to its knees? I am yet to see personal vendettas, bias and from where I am standing most supporters don't like DM because he isn't charismatic enough, not in the spot light enough, doesn't have an ego - too placid and quiet.

These people know how to run businesses. Have a look at their credentials on the MFC website, and if you want to see this in effect look how they wiped out $5m of debt in 3 years during the GFC.

I don't think any of them are treating this as a Sunday toy WYL. Please feel free to show me otherwise though.

you will have a living display in 5 days.

Incompetence Inc. this sunsay arvo.

I'm thinking your right 'Go the Biff'. I just wish he had given the coach a dvd, "We're just taking it one week at a time"... words and wisdom from the Allan Jeans press conferences.

Nah doesn't sit well with me RN

Why is it ok to sack the coach for poor performance with no real direction but not the board who made all the decisions.

Plus the reality is they are the ones putting us in to a deeper hole - payouts and new contracts

It is whispered we could lose up to 3 mil in turnover this year - how irresponsible is this board - They're the ones who need to go IMO

How are we going to pay for a coach?? Answer that - we all know the coaches we need will cost a mil each per year - What a joke this club is

Missing my point I think UH. I'm all for this inept, poorly led, invisible bunch, especially the President, to be replaced in good time. But I'd want to see the alternative ticket and President riding in on their white horse first, demanding to take over the reigns of the MFC cart and have a good look at what they're bringing to the table.

We need some strong hard arse football savvy leaders on there with an understanding of the cut throat nature of the game (both on & off the field) backed by some good business eagles/advisors (or just hire them...plenty of quality out there at the right price!) A team that is passionate about leading us out of the wilderness and willing to butt heads and push the envelope to get the best Coach, line coaches etc. Has a vision for bringing the club back to the members with an integrated training/admin and member facility (a la what the Tigers are doing just down the path). Are willing to spruik, market and defend/promote the club in all forms of media and get their face/voice in front of the media more often Especially on game day, both before and during the game.

This board and its president have not only made a series of damaging blunders since 186, they just haven't been out on the hustings showing passion, direction and leadership for the club generally.

We need to get a board and President that's not only smart from marketing/sell POV but is also (behind the scenes) business/football savvy and ruthless. The old boys club has to be shaken out of the MFC tree if we are not only to right the ship but to take us to a level that sees us knocking on the door of the top 4 on a regular basis and finally pulling it down and barging in for our fair share of silverware.

The Old Boy's (gentleman's club) model has failed this club over many decades. Simply not ruthless enough and unable to go the extra mile to make us a top contender once more. Starting from the day we were "waiting" on Doug Wade to make the trip up the Geelong Rd to sign up but Bobby Davis got wind of it & went and signed him up under our noses, till now.

Edited by Rusty Nails

We can fire a coach withoug thinking about the consequences and no one is to be held responisble for this aciton. Please don't think I didn't read what you've said and I am not endorsing a spill as such but someone needs to be held responisble for this mess - and there is no communication of the vision for this club

I definitely think that someone should be held accountable for this mess, but it would be completely irresponsible for us to removed a board without first making sure we have the capable people waiting in the wings. Thankfully (and this was meant to be my point) Peter Jackson will ensure that wont happen.

I'm not sure what's shallow about not making a situation worse than it has to be.

Edited by Pates

PJ my concern with the Board is that by them putting in $170K (I thank them for that) last year they have admitted their FAILURE in not getting the MFC's business plan to fruition in being a well run club making enough of a profit to satisfy the needs of the Football Department.

The fact that they need to go cap in hand to the Heroes each year for more $$$ only serves to show what failures they and CEO have been.

The Debt Demolition was designed to be a one off campaign to balance the books and allow the club to get square and start making profits - not an annual begging bowl .

Where is Don McLardy? In these very troubled times, his silence is deafening.

Doing the right thing and keeping silent after the 148 debacle with Schwab.

I don't know a thing about Peter Jackson and I think that people are being very presumptuous to think that he will just fix our problems, but I'm going to wait the next few weeks/months out and see what Melbourne and the AFL can conjure up off-field.

I think we're getting to a situation as dire as the end of Gardiner's reign, and that the next few steps will define the future of this football club.

At some point, we have to stop treading water and either sink or swim.

With the right action, we're gonna swim far away.

Neeld and Lyon are two egos that have contributed to this clubs situation, two of many. Very harsh to blame a board who had the rug pulled under them. Some of them do still need to go, however. Get some external business nous in.

I definitely think that someone should be held accountable for this mess, but it would be completely irresponsible for us to removed a board without first making sure we have the capable people waiting in the wings. Thankfully (and this was meant to be my point) Peter Jackson will ensure that wont happen.

I'm not sure what's shallow about not making a situation worse than it has to be.

All good Pates - I am just having a crack as the majority around here seem to think it's fine to sack the coach with no plan going forward yet somehow that is unacceptable for the board even thought they are just as much to blame for the MFC situation as the coach.

Neeld is a scape goat is my opinion

I've stated above I am not endorsing a spill of the board - I think when Neeld is sacked in the next 2 weeks it should be the final nail in the administration's coffin as well

Doesn't have to happen overnight but it should happen when MN is sacked

Missing my point I think UH. I'm all for this inept, poorly led, invisible bunch, especially the President, to be replaced in good time. But I'd want to see the alternative ticket and President riding in on their white horse first, demanding to take over the reigns of the MFC cart and have a good look at what they're bringing to the table.

We need some strong hard arse football savvy leaders on there with an understanding of the cut throat nature of the game (both on & off the field) backed by some good business eagles/advisors (or just hire them...plenty of quality out there at the right price!) A team that is passionate about leading us out of the wilderness and willing to butt heads and push the envelope to get the best Coach, line coaches etc. Has a vision for bringing the club back to the members with an integrated training/admin and member facility (a la what the Tigers are doing just down the path). Are willing to spruik, market and defend/promote the club in all forms of media and get their face/voice in front of the media more often Especially on game day, both before and during the game.

This board and its president have not only made a series of damaging blunders since 186, they just haven't been out on the hustings showing passion, direction and leadership for the club generally.

We need to get a board and President that's not only smart from marketing/sell POV but is also (behind the scenes) business/football savvy and ruthless. The old boys club has to be shaken out of the MFC tree if we are not only to right the ship but to take us to a level that sees us knocking on the door of the top 4 on a regular basis and finally pulling it down and barging in for our fair share of silverware.

The Old Boy's (gentleman's club) model has failed this club over many decades. Simply not ruthless enough and unable to go the extra mile to make us a top contender once more. Starting from the day we were "waiting" on Doug Wade to make the trip up the Geelong Rd to sign up but Bobby Davis got wind of it & went and signed him up under our noses, till now.

I probably did RN

Will look at this later tonight and respond :)

Doing the right thing and keeping silent after the 148 debacle with Schwab.

I don't know a thing about Peter Jackson and I think that people are being very presumptuous to think that he will just fix our problems, but I'm going to wait the next few weeks/months out and see what Melbourne and the AFL can conjure up off-field.

I think we're getting to a situation as dire as the end of Gardiner's reign, and that the next few steps will define the future of this football club.

At some point, we have to stop treading water and either sink or swim.

With the right action, we're gonna swim far away.

How is he doing the right thing? He's the President. At times like these, we need leadership from the top. We are bereft of that right now.

I am tipping he's been gagged.

I've heard rumblings of a ticket being put together for a challenge at the end of the season. I don't know any more than that, but it seems that its underway.

There won't be a challenge, and anyone who decides to challenge is unlikely to be the person to vote for.

If an alternative board was available, a group of people who together wanted to do this and who collectively have the capability to do this, the board will step aside.

Everyone slagging Don McC needs too realise he doesn't want to be there but there is noone else. His comments a few weeks ago about the public treatment of volunteers on club boards discourages people from wanting to do it wasn't a whinge, it was highlighting the fact that everyone he has approached has refused to help out.

Remember, the board is vote and elected from the members into unpaid positions. If we want to Fiji down the paid director path we will kill everything we love about footy. There will be no clubs trying to win footy games, there will be only businesses worrying about making money.

PJ my concern with the Board is that by them putting in $170K (I thank them for that) last year they have admitted their FAILURE in not getting the MFC's business plan to fruition in being a well run club making enough of a profit to satisfy the needs of the Football Department.

The fact that they need to go cap in hand to the Heroes each year for more $$$ only serves to show what failures they and CEO have been.

The Debt Demolition was designed to be a one off campaign to balance the books and allow the club to get square and start making profits - not an annual begging bowl .

That's got to be the biggest load of rubbish I have read on DL:

The cause of our loss this year was the fine from the tanking saga, not a reflection of a failed business model.

Th debt demolition is, as you mentioned, a campaign to get us to profit - which we posted only last year... I am confused how you're wanting to criticise a campaign to get us to profit which was running when we weren't in profit

Their donation is to set an example, this isn't their primary income and do it because they support the club, and also its a bit rich to sit and ask for donations yet take a salary.

I've said this several times; I dont know why anyone would bother with this club... the players don't put in effort, the supporters are too short-term orientated when we can't afford to be, and now where people will criticise board members for making donations.

Now hang tight just a moment. Without pointing the finger at individual posters here who have changed their tone now, it's common knowledge we all felt a coach with a harder edge was necessary. Mark neeld came with not only glowing endorsement from mick malthouse and several senior collingwood players and staffers.

The board then put an invitation to Neil Craig to join under the role of general manager of sports performance.. Neil Craig had offers from Brisbane, collingwood and Richmond, yet picked the role with Melbourne as the most succinct, but also the greatest challenge. We then poached Dave mission as manager of elite performance. Add to that the array of experience assistant coaches and line/development coaches, its disappointing to sit here and read quotes from posters that the board is responsible for the current uncompetitive situation which the club finds itself in.

There isn't a supporter who could currently say they are happy we are 1-8 with a average losing margin of 75 points and a grand total of 6 quarters won from 36. There isn't a supporter that would say they are happy with every article about the club containing words "pathetic, rabble and irrelevant". Don't sit here and think that players don't care, that coaches don't care, that anyone involved with the club on game day doesn't care that we are so uncompetitive at this point. Do many posters here understand the hours players put in just to make it on a list? It is a fallacy to think they would do that, just to get on a list and be content with 90 point thrashings. For all WYLs rantings its only because he is frustrated with where we are at, GNF for all his doomsday talk it is equally because he is frustrated with where we are at. Rhino, jaded, young dee, old dee; the list goes on. We are all frustrated that we aren't in the top 4, that we have been smashed on and off field this year, but we must hang in together. This club has had too many splintering factions over the past decades. We can't let

Supporters and members leave the club or not go go to games in protest.

I apologise for this post getting emotional, I'm as frustrated as the rest of you guys.

OMG I final see the reason why the MFC is so bad! We trusted what Collingwood players and coaches were telling us the truth!

And after all this effort from the Board the MFC get smashed each week and is the laughing stock of the football community.

As I said before the MFC is full of people with good intentions but with little experince and/or skill.

If there is not an effort to correct this situation accross all positions at the Club them the MFC will go thought another 50 years without a premiership win (not sure the MFC can wait that long).

I spoke with Don at the Richmond game during a quiet time

He was very communicative he understands exactly where the club is at and does understand supporters emotions

He like many doesn't seem to know what to do to fix it but he believes sacking people Carte blanch will achieve nothing

Any way it made me

dumfounded ? aghast !! stupified !! disgruntled !! DOH !!

me thinks, thats the last time i agree to having an insurance salesman run my club !!

oh !! i didn't agree did i !!

this is relatively easy ;--

1; reorganise admin to a; specific job descriptions with specific & clear accountability roles.

& b; streamlining & removing the confused & belligerent, the overpaid & jobs for the boys candidates..

c; remove any & all rediculously over blown & bloated job descriptions with ( ie; manager & managers assistant.)

2;remove the uninspired & uninspirable members of the FD that smell of disappointment.. (BL !)

3; employ the obvious strong-willed-minded, professionals to fill any & all positions., who will work well with a "on the same page- unified - mentality".

4;identify the culprit who procured- "B P"- as competent & employable in a FD recruitment program of an afl club.. & then sack him..!!

5; get the supporters consensus on all future draft picks :-) ( couldn't do worse.)..worked for swans with roos..

6;coach appointment to go to a "allen jeans-tom hafey- c.hughes- norm smith clone. who actually "WANTS " the gig..& is available.

as ( roos quote; melb r irrelevant & if u do it for MONEY u r doing it for all the wrong reasons : seems to illiminate him; although u could use the premise that the line "THE LADY DOTH PROTEST TOO MUCH ME THINKS , may fit ).

& clarko's contract goes to end of 2014 seems be a ditto.result..

7; players to be tested for the size of their " amygdala" then, cull the weak & sooky from the herd...( who have an iq below say, normal.)

then put the rest through intense phsychological profiling if not hypnotising..

chanting a kill or be killed mentality,..mantra..

8; supporters to get themselves enough candles to hold vigils by, hold hands & chant kum ba yah then wait for a miracle, including all us athiests...