Who else here thinks..

Grimseyisgod

who else here thinks that Melbourne will come out fired up against the Tigers and maybe snatch a win.

I think that the players may come out with a burning red hot desire to crunch every single Richmond player at every opportunity. I just have this inkling feeling.

Or we will lose by 100..

But im getting a good vibe, im telling ya..

Go Dees! i will be there on sunday cheering as loud as i ever have

• Like 3

thinks THINKS

mate im there and i dont think about im quite confident

as a matter of fact i reckon we could take them

see you in the southern

i will be the one with the weatherbeaten face and a pocket full of confidence

That vibe is just a psychological defence mechanism, sorry to break it to you. I feel illogically optimistic most weeks; I've learned to ignore it.

We are going to get reamed.

"we are going to get reamed", you certainly have an interesting private life

Watched training yesterday for two hours, every 10 minutes or so, it was tackling and wrestling drill, hopefully they got the message

who else here thinks that Melbourne will come out fired up against the Tigers and maybe [censored] a win.

I think that the players may come out with a burning red hot desire to crunch every single Richmond player at every opportunity. I just have this inkling feeling.

Or we will lose by 100..

Relax, we've got this...

• Like 7

who else here thinks that Melbourne will come out fired up against the Tigers and maybe [censored] a win.

Or we will lose by 100..

I reckon we'll be right in it for at least a good part of the first quarter.

• Like 5

Or we will lose by 100..

This is the optimism I can't help but feel every week, until my hopes are dashed to pieces.

Time for Neeld to work his defensive wonders - especially at ball ups and other stoppages.

Oh, and as long as we keep the turnover kings like Nicholson and McKenzie in the side the oppostion will always score on the rebound.

Tigers by 70pts.

This is the optimism I can't help but feel every week, until my hopes are dashed to pieces.

come on mate optimism

we gotta feel better than that on friday

at least wait until monday to post negatives

never give up big fella

Or we will lose by 100..

IF we can be in the contest long enough to almost believe we can win...and IF someone can actually LEAD on field, then we are a chance.

However, that has not happened in so many years that I don't think it will happen any time soon. When it does, the whole damn ship will right itself. IMO we don't have the right mix of coach/character/talent/experience to do it.

I also know that the few faithful that turn up will make a hell of a lot of noise if we are close enough to have a chance. What I wouldn't give to see this all turn around.

100 point loss. [censored] it.

Richmond's greatest strength is our greatest weakness. I expect we will come out and go hard but as soon as a couple of quick goals go against us and we are down by 3 or 4, the white flag will be hoisted. So basically same as most weeks for the past few years. Yay, go dees.

This maybe the least talented team the MFC has put on the field in 20 years.

They have zero confidence

The Tigers are playing well

IMO we looking down the barrel of a big loss.

If it is less than 15 goals I will be very surprised

And here comes the weekly cycle it's Friday and my optimism is back, the side surely will come out firing we are half a chance. Then comes Monday the sad day where I remember we aren't any good and the firing lasted 5 minutes. Groundhog day every week just coninuing the cycle.

• Like 3

And here comes the weekly cycle it's Friday and my optimism is back, the side surely will come out firing we are half a chance. Then comes Monday the sad day where I remember we aren't any good and the firing lasted 5 minutes. Groundhog day every week just coninuing the cycle.

We have the weekly cycle where optimism slowly builds throughout the week only to be crushed.

and

We have the annual cycle where optimism slowly builds leading into the season only to be crushed.

I am slowly getting on top of the first one, but am still a sucker every pre-season.

• Like 1

I'm expecting a complete over reaction, tackling anyone and everyone and completely forgetting about the footy, and giving away umpteen gazillion free kicks for tackling without the ball.

At least for the first 5 minutes anyway, until we give up.

• Like 1

That vibe is just a psychological defence mechanism, sorry to break it to you. I feel illogically optimistic most weeks; I've learned to ignore it.

We are going to get reamed.

Reamed steamed and dry cleaned.

• Like 1

This maybe the least talented team the MFC has put on the field in 20 years.

They have zero confidence

The Tigers are playing well

IMO we looking down the barrel of a big loss.

If it is less than 15 goals I will be very surprised

maybe thats a good enough reason to come out and play it as it happens

a little bit of hype for a big result may just panic the tiges

I admire your optimism, GisG but I reached my switch off point last week. I thought to myself 'WTF have I committed myself to for the last 23 years? This is pathetic. No crowd, lousy performance and a heap of people whinging about the umpiring when it is clear we are just awful. We are a loser club. Am I a loser by extension?' That sounds harsh (and no I know that a lot of people on here are successful and brilliant people) but at that very point, I walked away swearing not to go to another game this year. I've got assignments due. I've got better things I could be doing.

Our players lack the courage to exhaust themselves with the required effort for 4 quarters for our club. In other years they've genereally afforded the supporters a quarter or two, it averages about 5 minutes a game now. Plus we have a terrible coach. 20 goal plus loss for mine.

I was thinking the other day that last week the players played so paralysed by the fear of the consequences of a loss that seeing those consequences not come to fruition might actually see them off the leash a bit this week. And if Frawley has any sense of pride in his record against Riewoldt we may actually come out and score an upset. That's a couple of pretty big it's though and my optimism quietly faded into the abyss of reality. If we get within 70 points I'll be surprised.

• Like 2